Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,007 members, 7,828,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture (27456 Views)

Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) / Lagos Pastor Runs With Member's Car After Asking Him To Bring It For Prayer / Pregnant Woman Raped By Lagos Pastor⁠ Delivers Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Houseofglam7(f): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2017
Back to the era of tyranny
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Spaco1986: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2017
Because he is a christian,how many Muslims can be treated like this,God avange the course of your people
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Joephat(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2017
Oga pastor, did u vote or campaigned for Buhari?

If yes.. Enjoy the dividends of Change.

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Spaco1986: 11:34am On Mar 08, 2017
Spaco1986:
Because he is a christian,how many Muslims can be treated like this,God avange the course of your people
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by AntiWailer: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2017
Shortyy:

whatever the issue was, the had no reason to torture him. Don't we have our human rights in this country anymore? if someone commits a crime, the person should be jailed and not be tortured.

I agree with you.

I simply said. It should be there so nobody claims it is religious or politically motivated.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by bigpicture001: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2017
...av said many tym on this platform.the dss is d worst security outfit in diz country,dey toture suspect mur dan even sars.they do zero investigation and based dia finding on hear say and rumours...it's tym d national assembly convene just cuz of them.u myt laffin it off until one dai wen it wl b ur turn....they arrested me out of rumour tortured me for 2weeks nd broke ma leg leaving me in d hospital with ma injuries nd ma family spent 300k for surgery..till 2dai I still have it on in ma leg.all dey did wz to say it wz a wrong identity...SAY NO TO DSS toture!
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Ceazario: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2017
[right][/right][left][/left]
information1:
Pastor in charge of Gracious and Mercy Prophetic International Church, Egbeda, Lagos State, Pastor Ejimozor Williams, has lost his sight due to a torture he allegedly suffered in the hands of some operatives of the Department of State Services in Lagos(DSS).

PUNCH Metro learnt that the 46-year-old pastor’s house in the Ayobo area of the state had been invaded by the security officials after his houseboy, identified simply as Chukwujekwu, defrauded some residents using fake dollars.

When the officials failed to arrest the suspect, who had fled, they ransacked Ejimozor’s home and found some of the counterfeit currency.

He was reportedly bundled into a DSS operational van, where he was subjected to different forms of torture.When he sought to know the identities of the men, one of the officials allegedly hit his head with the butt of a gun.

A few weeks later, he was said to have become blind. Despite visiting no fewer than eight hospitals, the Rivers State indigene had yet to regain his sight.

Ejimozor said he formerly owned a hotel and a house in Abuja, which were demolished by the Federal Government, adding that he later relocated to Lagos to start a new life.

He said, “I started working as a freight worker at the Apapa port where I met the houseboy. Someone actually introduced Chukwujekwu to me and I decided to help the boy.
“After some time, he told me that he wanted to travel and that I should borrow him some money. I told him I didn’t have any money, so he went to meet a man called Okoye, an old friend of mine. Okoye gave him some fake dollars.”

He added that Chukwujekwu showed the dollars to a barber in the area, saying his relative abroad sent him the money and could also help the barber secure a visa to travel overseas.

The barber allegedly parted with N30,000 for the visa and handed the suspect his passport.

Chukwujekwu reportedly fled the house after defrauding several other residents on the street.

“On May 9, 2014, I was at home when about six persons scaled the fence into my compound. They wore black shirts and were armed.
“They came into the house with Okoye and three other gunmen. They began to search the house and beat up people in the compound.
“During the search, they found the fake dollars Chukwujekwu used to defraud people in the area. They said I should sign a statement, but I refused. They beat me up,” he added.

He explained that he was put in a DSS vehicle and taken away.

He said when he asked what he did wrong, one of the gunmen hit him with the butt of a gun in the head, threatening to kill him.

Ejimozor said a part of his skull was compressed after the assault, adding that he was later driven to the DSS office on CMD Road, Magodo, Ketu-Ikosi.

He said, “It was when we arrived at their head office that I realised they were DSS officials. They chained my hands and feet. The next day, they informed me that Okoye told them that we both used fake dollars to defraud people. I denied the claim.
“I was held incommunicado for three weeks and was constantly tortured.
“The DSS later said before they would release me, I must pay N15m which I didn’t have. I told them that all I had was N20,000. After another round of torture, I fainted and was rushed to a clinic where they told them that my blood pressure was low.”

He added that he was immediately transferred to the State Criminal investigation and Intelligence Department of the Lagos State Police Command.

After spending two weeks at the SCIID, Ejimozor said he was arraigned before a Yaba Magistrate’s Court.He was reportedly remanded in the Ikoyi Prison pending when he would fulfil his bail conditions.However, while in the prison, the victim said he had a migraine and was rushed to a hospital.

“This led to a partial stroke. I was at home some weeks later when everywhere suddenly went blank. I couldn’t see anything again and that was how I went blind.
“Now, I cannot do anything for myself and my family. I am frustrated. I also have diabetes and high blood pressure,” he added.

His wife, Mrs. Chinyere Williams, said they visited more than eight hospitals together without any result, adding that her husband was later asked to go for a CT scan

She said the scan revealed that he could not see because his brain had been affected after he was hit with the butt of a gun.

“We have been married for 18 years and seeing him like this is like hell. Since he came out from the DSS cell, it has been one sickness after another. I had to carry him on my back several times from the house to hospitals,” she added.

Chinyere said the case against her husband at the magistrate court was struck out because after the first arraignment, neither the DSS nor the police showed up in court.

She called for the punishment of the DSS officials and appealed that her husband be flown abroad for a brain surgery that would correct the problem.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, described the attack as a breach of the rights of the victim, saying the DSS must end the practice of torture.

He said, “The family has given us a firm instruction to pursue the matter legally. Beyond asking for exemplary damages for him, we also intend to use his case to stop the practise of subjecting innocent members of the public to torture.”

The Lagos DSS could not be reached for comment as of the time of filing this report

http://talkgeria.com/topic/lagos-pastor-goes-blind-after-dss-torture/
eh eh. Sorry man.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Shortyy(f): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

I agree with you.

I simply said. It should be there so nobody claims it is religious or politically motivated.
Oh OK.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by LorDBolton(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2017
ShitHead:
That's not a problem...he is a pastor, right? He performs miracles right?... and collects tithes and offerings...first fruits and last fruits...prophetic offerings...? This is the time to prove the miracle with himself. It's not a case; it's a test of faith. Let him lay hands on himself.

Lol. Black comedy
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by 2shur: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
I would love to work fpr dss.
I love to play sniper games on Android
And so far ive been rated 3/5.
I wannabe part of the dss team.
But my own style would be totally diff.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by goodvision12(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
ShitHead:
That's not a problem...he is a pastor, right? He performs miracles right?... and collects tithes and offerings...first fruits and last fruits...prophetic offerings...? This is the time to prove the miracle with himself. It's not a case; it's a test of faith. Let him lay hands on himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by DollarAngel(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
There is Difference between Intelligence and power, and that what most Nigeria securities lack Intelligence, they only use power.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by AntiNigerian: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
DSS, Demonic satanic services!
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by AdonisCards(m): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2017
He got a blind beating niyen
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by cstr55: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2017
And when Amnesty international talks, some animals in human skin on nairaland will still defend these oppressors.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Spaco1986: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2017
This country don expire,na him make things dey go left hand left hand
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by greggng: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2017
What happened to okoye? I asked cos if pastor is blind then okoye should be dead. Moral lesson do background check before accommodating. People.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Kingspin(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2017
Nigeria remain a useless country with useless leaders.
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Nomskybaba(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=ShitHead post=54383368]That's not a problem...he is a pastor, right? He performs miracles right?... and collects tithes and offerings...first fruits and last fruits...prophetic offerings...? This is the time to prove the miracle with himself. It's not a case; it's a test of faith. Let him lay hands on himself. [

You are just A fool,People Like you Are the Reason This country is Backward,if that was meant to be A joke...It definitely failed,How can one be so cruel to joke About Such a serious issue...bloody hypocrite....

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Fhowe: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2017
asking him for 15 million that is where they get money to buy all those luxurious vehicles they use pastor kindly call the name of the officer that asked for 15 million bribe please names should be mentioned so the government knows how to step in lets use some as scape goats who asked you for 15 million dont you have a name haba
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Beetobee(f): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
No wonder many Nigerian graduates have been said to be unemployable! This incident took place in 2014 and yet some Godforsaken, demented people are cursing PMB. Hatred will only bring you haters down. Get a life!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by victor8269: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
ShitHead:

U r like the thief on the cross that went straight to hell
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by mckazzy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
The hatred for PMB will send you to your early grave. You did not read the post just take a glimpse on the headline and rushed to made comment.

cry
CROWNWEALTH019:
BUHARI would rot in hell lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by mckazzy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
Some people's hatred for PMB will land them in their early grave. They don't read to understand before criticizing, they just jump to a thread and display the level of ignorance and sometimes stupidity that they were enmeshed in.

Beetobee:
No wonder many Nigerian graduates have been said to be unemployable! This incident took place in 2014 and yet some Godforsaken, demented people are cursing PMB. Hatred will only bring you haters down. Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
osizi06:
Buhari should be blamed. He gave those rascals, i repeat, those rascals too much power.
On May 9, 2014 the rascals went for him.... they got the power from Buhari in 2014? You are mentally blind.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by mckazzy(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Oh no! Your head has been used in grinding Asphalt at a plant. Read and comprehend before you criticize.

cry
Joephat:
Oga pastor, did u vote or campaigned for Buhari?

If yes.. Enjoy the dividends of Change.

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by osizi06(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
Originalsly:
On May 9, 2014 the rascals went for him.... they got the power from Buhari in 2014? You are mentally blind.
just like the DSS blind the man abi? thank you sire
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by Ugofathersam(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
ShitHead:
Am not surprised at ur level of reasoning, ur name alone explains you better...
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
BUHARI would rot in hell lipsrsealed

You father already rotten in hell..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
koladebrainiac:
OH GOD I AM SO SCARED FOR THIS DSS PEOPLE. IT COULD BE ANYBODY. THEY ARE CRUDE. NO TRACES OF PROFESSIONAL IN THEM . THIS IS NOT THE COUNTRY WE SIGN FOR . EVEN IF HE COMMITTED THE CRIME, TORTURING LIKE THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER. I PRAY HE TAKE THEM TO COURT. THIS IS UNFAIR TO HIM N HIS FAMILY. WE ARE ALL CITIZEN OF THIS NATION. WE ARE NOT ANIMALS AND DSS SHOULD STOP TREATING US LIKE ONE

WHy are you scared did you commit any crime? Have you heard of DSS arresting innocent Nigerian?

I engaged an Army who try to bully and talk sense to his head..
Re: Lagos Pastor Goes Blind After DSS Torture by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
DSS re above the law in this adminstration

So the pastor should have been above the law?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officers Run Riot In Delta, Kill Man (graphic Pic) / Lagos Police Arrest Two Chinese Over Illegal E-waste Factory (photo) / Protest Over The Killing Of Pregnant Woman In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.