Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) (30002 Views)

Uduak Adams Tortured By Mob In Surulere Over False Kidnap Allegation / Man Dies On The Way To Hospital After Being Tortured By Police. Graphic Photos / Videos Of African Slaves Being Tortured In Libya Emerge (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by MrTrend(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2019
SARS operatives in Oyo state have reportedly tortured a young man to blindness.

Two years after being allegedly tortured by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad personnel in Saki, Oyo State, an 18-year-old hotel attendant, Samuel Ogundeji, has lost his sight, Punch Metro reports.

All efforts made by his parents for him to regain his sight had proved abortive, adding that three different hospitals in Saki; Ilorin, Kwara State; and a border town in Benin Republic, had confirmed that his eyes had become defective and that he would need to be operated upon abroad in order to regain his sight, Ogundeji, told PUNCH Metro.

The victim while recounting his ordeal, said, “On January 10, 2017, I applied for the job of a bar attendant at the Neagle Club and Resort, Saki, and was offered the job on a salary of N10,000 monthly. I was in the bar till February when a girl, Oyin, who was working in the hotel, resigned; so, I was transferred to the hotel section.

“Another guy, Sola, and I began working in the hotel and we changed duties on a regular basis. But on May 1, 2017, a customer, who works at the Zenith Bank, Saki West branch, lodged at one of the rooms. And the following morning, around 6.45am, the driver came and took him to his office. That day, I was on night duty and closed around 8am and went home without any inkling that I would be dealt with for a crime I knew nothing of.

“Normally, I resumed by 8pm, but on my way home, the manager called me and said that the man (banker), who lodged at the hotel the previous night, reported that he lost his wallet in the room and I said I didn’t know of any missing item or a wallet containing some cash.

“The Chief Executive Officer, Omotoso Abdulahi Niyi, was also around and he came in and said we should look for the wallet at all cost, otherwise, we would be dealt with. And the PA to the CEO and the manager came in with SARS personnel and arrested me and Sola.

“Mr Agbo of the SARS handed us over to their colleagues, Victor and Gbenga, who took us to an uncompleted building and started beating us. While the beating lasted, blood covered my eyes, yet they didn’t stop until later in the day, when Mr Oyesikun Oyerinde Samson (manager) and the PA, Abiodun Ajibade, drove into the station and were told about my condition.

“They bailed us and a doctor was contacted. He confirmed that my condition was critical and said he couldn’t handle it. I was thereafter taken to the hotel. All these while, my parents were not contacted, but a neighbour to the hotel, who saw that there was a problem in the hotel, contacted my parents.

“Around 8pm, my mum came and she was surprised that I had been beaten to the point of losing both eyes. She was calmed and told to take it easy, that I would be fine.

“I must say that the SARS personnel didn’t ask for my statement but merely handed me over to junior officers, who beat me till I lost my two eyes.

“Later, on May 6, 2017, the manager told me that the guest didn’t even bring the said wallet to the hotel and that they acted in error.

“Curiously, however, all of them abandoned me till date; all the hospitals we have visited said only a foreign hospital could handle my case. The three hospitals in Saki, Ilorin and the border area of Benin Republic said blood stains had blocked my eyes and that only a comprehensive operation could restore them.”

The Chief Executive Officer, Neagle Club and Resort, Challenge area, Saki, Mr Niyi Abdulahi, confirmed the development to PUNCH Metro, but said the victim had a history of eye defects.

Abdulahi said, “Just 20 minutes ago, a lawyer, Mr Kareem, whose chamber is at Apinnite, Saki, called me and I just returned from a meeting with him. A human rights group has also intervened in the matter. I don’t know much about the matter but my manager knew all that happened.

“However, his eyes had been defective before the incident. It was only unfortunate that it happened the way it did. I gave his family over N100,000 for the treatment of the eyes last year. And they promised to come back this year, only for me to be told that another lawyer had been contacted, different from the former one they brought to us in 2018. We will resolve it; the matter is still under control.”

The police spokesman for the state, Mr Lawrence Fadeyi, when contacted, tasked for time to enable him find out what transpired and the alleged roles played by the SARS officers mentioned.

See His Photo Below;

See More At; https://www.brainnewsradio.com/young-man-becomes-blind-after-being-tortured-by-sars-in-oyo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by jesus247alive(m): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2019
Wow first to comment after years of trying...
Finally no reward self.
I dedicated it to the the healing of this gentle man
May help locate you amen.

NIGERIA is just in a mess I swear, everything about the country just disheartening, how can citizens be treated like animals, in Nigeria a suspect suffers even more than the criminal itself, SARS are not humans I bet you, they will never allow u call anybody, they beat like it's mecury that flowa Tru your body and not blood, I wish my child will never be born in such an environment, do you know life SARS has wasted secretly. Oh Lord have mercy

Armed robbers are no longer hiding the main armed robbers are wearing uniforms.

Zoo of a country

May God have mercy on us while am still in this shithole country.
#saynotoSARS

55 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by lonlytroy(m): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2019
Second2coment, there is still hope
Back2topic, SARS again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Akonimohate12: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2019
Sorry
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by yuanexchanger: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
Has SARS not been dismantled?.

1 Like

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Raydos: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
WTF??

Mehn this people are damn wicked! They just destroyed the guy's life!

No wonder white people call us animals, they're right! !

Anyways abeg who get lighter??
I wanna smoke myself out of this country!!

29 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Jayslicky: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
The most useless security unit ever, SARS should be scrapped off since they have failed to do their supposed job and are harrassing innocent citizens, how can a person be accused to be a criminal because he has an iphone, laptop or car, if armed robbers rob a place, you will never see a trace of just one SARS officer.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by drogo23: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
SARS...
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by theoldpretender(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
Hotel too is at fault.

I stayed in a hotel in this Nigeria, and in our room, there was a safe , with a pin number set by the hotel guest...where we could keep money or valuables in there.

If you are running a hotel and you cannot invest in such stuff...sorry., you have no business running a hotel

16 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by twerkjack: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2019
The Cops need to be educated that they have no right whatsoever to be physical with civilians angry#endsars

2 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Kendumazy(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
This is bad. Such a fine boy. Don't understand the rationale behind torturing a suspect that a court of law hasn't declared the culprit. Seriously, Obama was right about high level of human rights abuse in this country. May help to regain his sight locate him soon.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
Sars still dey ball?

Check my signature
I see USA used laptops in Lagos
Pay on delivery
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by BlackfireX: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
RIP
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Buster22(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
Inside life
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by MyGeneration(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
God this country is acting like its under a curse.

The suffering and injustice is too much.

Everyday u must have a moment of regret, why

5 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Factfinder1(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2019
God will punish the npf
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by basconsneh(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2019
Huhh

1 Like

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2019
The guy don hammer

I pray he regain his eyes to see those huge money coming soon

1 Like

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Nlolodo: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2019
Everything is just not right with this sh.it hole called Nigeria... So what happened to the accuser after he found his wallet.. The hotel management, the accuser, and the sars operatives that ruined his life and future should be arrested and charged to court for defamation of character and attempted murder, they should be made to pay for the innocent boy's treatment abroad as well as settle him with up-to 5 million naira when he regains his sight...

Nonsense, I weep for Naija, a country that has no law or a working law enforcement agency... The whole officers of the Nigerian police force are stark illiterates they are still dwelling in the stone age that's why they still think nothing can be achieved without violence and oppression cry cry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Donlamzy(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2019
K
Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by francis5051: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2019
The manager and the PA need to be arrested

5 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by juvewalex(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Animals in uniform without proper training and detailed investigations. How I wish your case could be followed up to a conclusion to bring the yeye people involved to justice.

3 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Donlamzy(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Lord have mercy embarassed

1 Like

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by stephenonyx(m): 9:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Losing your two eyes just because of ten thousand naira. what kind of country is these
God please help us

7 Likes

Re: Man Becomes Blind After Being Tortured By SARS (Photo) by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Anoda blind afonja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanzanian Drug Lord Killed Taxi Driver In South Africa And They Blamed Nigerians / Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash / NDLEA Arrests Pregnant Drug Dealer, Intercepts US-bound Meth Consignments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.