Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. (3673 Views)

Which Is The Best Country To Travel To For Greener Pastures In 2020 / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2017
Switzerland has been named as the best country in the world to live in according to a new report that has seen Germany fall from top spot to fourth.

The list 2017 Best Countries is now in its second year and rankings evaluate nations' cultural influence, heritage, power and quality of life among other things to come up with a score.

The scores are then pitted against each other to come up with a definitive list of the best countries in the world.

Germany was downgraded due to a range of events, including the growing public fear over the influx of migrants and the string of deadly terror attacks in 2016.

The US also fell down the pecking order from fourth to seventh.

Although the report considered the US the world's most powerful nation, 75 percent of the survey's respondents said they lost respect for the leadership in the White House after Donald Trump was elected.

According to the 2017 Best Countries Report, the top ten overall best countries to live in are:

1. Switzerland

2. Canada

3. United Kingdom

4. Germany

5. Japan

6. Sweden

7. United States

8. Australia

9. France

10. Norway

11. Netherlands

12. Denmark

13. Finland

14. New Zealand

15. Singapore

16. Italy

17. Luxembourg

18. Austria

19. Spain

20. China

Best countries for retirement

1. New Zealand

2. Australia

3. Switzerland

4. Canada

5. Portugal

Best countries to raise children

1. Sweden

2. Denmark

3. Norway

4. Finland

5. Canada

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4290384/Switzerland-replaces-Germany-best-country-world.html#ixzz4ajYtiTr8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2017
Swiss Ranking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2017
Toronto's skyline in Canada, which was ranked as the second best place to live in the world.

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2017
The Houses of Parliament on the River Thames in the UK which is third on the definitive list.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Funjosh(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2017
Looking for Nigeria cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2017
A panoramic view over Berlin in Germany, which has fallen from the top spot to fourth in a year.

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
Sunset over Tokyo, Japan, which gained an almost perfect score (9.9/10) for entrepreneurship.

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2017
Funjosh:
Looking for Nigeria angry

Lol....Not yet bro.

But by 2019, our Nigeria will be among Top 5.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Arsenalholic(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2017
CANADA: my dream country. Very partisan country.

Hahah! So Japan is among the top 5? Interesting! I think I need to move in to start helping their ministry in the kpanshing department, since them no dey gree born well a grin
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2017
Bohuslan, Sweden, where citizenship is ranked at a huge 9.8 from 10.

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by tk4rd: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2017
Am gonna be in all these places..
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2017
Empire State Building, Manhattan, New York, as the sun sets in the United States, which plummeted three spaces to seventh.

2 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2017
The Sydney Opera House is lit up in Australia where quality of life is graded as 9.4 out of 10.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
A view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris where cultural influence is considered 9.6 out of 10 in the list.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Citizenship in Norway, scores a perfect 10 in the list by US New.

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
MANHATTAN, I can give up my scrotum for that place grin .

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Cowmilk(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
Sometimes I ask myself why was I born in naija

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
I was having doing an interview with an American company and a question like this came up, though it was food export based. The interviewer was obviously upset by my honest reply...."USA is now no.3 after China and Germany when it comes to food export", announced during the Davos conference. Obviously this changes every now and then but the point is, USA is little by little losing the spot light...........debatable.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by peterphd(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
Explorers:
Switzerland has been named as the best country in the world to live in according to a new report that has seen Germany fall from top spot to fourth.

The list 2017 Best Countries is now in its second year and rankings evaluate nations' cultural influence, heritage, power and quality of life among other things to come up with a score.

The scores are then pitted against each other to come up with a definitive list of the best countries in the world.

Germany was downgraded due to a range of events, including the growing public fear over the influx of migrants and the string of deadly terror attacks in 2016.

The US also fell down the pecking order from fourth to seventh.

Although the report considered the US the world's most powerful nation, 75 percent of the survey's respondents said they lost respect for the leadership in the White House after Donald Trump was elected.

According to the 2017 Best Countries Report, the top ten overall best countries to live in are:

1. Switzerland

2. Canada

3. United Kingdom

4. Germany

5. Japan

6. Sweden

7. United States

8. Australia

9. France

10. Norway

11. Netherlands

12. Denmark

13. Finland

14. New Zealand

15. Singapore

16. Italy

17. Luxembourg

18. Austria

19. Spain

20. China

Best countries for retirement

1. New Zealand

2. Australia

3. Switzerland

4. Canada

5. Portugal

Best countries to raise children

1. Sweden

2. Denmark

3. Norway

4. Finland

5. Canada

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4290384/Switzerland-replaces-Germany-best-country-world.html#ixzz4ajYtiTr8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Raise kids in Sweden so social justice warriors and feminists can have them neutered huh?

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good list.

Thank God people are now realizing that the world does not revolve around US.There are countries better than Us in all ramifications;but they are not popular or 'noisy' like the US.

I would choose Germany any day ahead of US.

i live in Berlin and I cant swap this city for anyone in the world.

BERLIN DU BIST SO WUNDERBAR. #ICH BIN EIN BERLINER#

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by MtuMsuper: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
Principe:
Good list.

Thank God people are now realizing that the world does not revolve around US.There are countries better than Us in all ramifications;but they are not popular or 'noisy' like the US.

President Kennedy made a similar mistake in the 60s when he said "ich bin ein Berliner " to the utter amusement of the Germans. If i recall well, a Berliner is a pastry. The correct thing to say would be "ich bin stolz ein Berliner zu sein".
Gotta love Germany, great place to study,... but I insist that Angela Merkel policy on welcoming dangerous migrants will haunt them for generations to come.

2 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Principe:
Good list.

Enjoy your city sir.
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Racist list. Some African countries are better than these top ten places to live in but Europeans will always score their countries high even places with temperatures as low as - 50'C during winter are included in that list.

Living in a frozen habitat and still feeling funky, tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Audrinakane(f): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=Pidgin2 post=54396552]Racist list. Some African countries are better than these top ten places to live in but Europeans will always score their countries high even places with temperatures as low as - 50'C during winter are included in that list.

Living in a frozen habitat and still feeling funky, tufiakwa [/quote
Can you please name one African country better than those in the list. Apart from culture, what else? Let's call a spade a spade ,no African country should be there. I want to visit Switzerland or Luxembourg. My dream countries
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Explorers(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=Audrinakane post=54396974][/quote]

May be South Africa, Morocco or Tunisia.

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=Audrinakane post=54396974][/quote]

Is it just culture? What of better climate, social attitude, religion practiced, etc How can UK be first 5? A country where your next door neighbor isn't interested whether you are dead or alive and if you disturb his peace he will call the cops on you, a place where you can't wear a symbol of your religion in peace and where you can freeze to death in winter or Canada where you are virtually living inside ice?

Even Switzerland where no one cares about you apart from the govt, a soulless country

Thank God for Africa

3 Likes

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Pidgin2:
Racist list. Some African countries are better than these top ten places to live in but Europeans will always score their countries high even places with temperatures as low as - 50'C during winter are included in that list.

Living in a frozen habitat and still feeling funky, tufiakwa
Yesterday morning around 8am... somewhere in Canada. i wont bother to tell you what the temp was.... grin
Took the pic while trying to plug my car to the power supply stand at the car park.

Good things is that winters are not forever, and Summers are awesome wink

1 Like

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by ichommy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Oya come make we go *Singing* wink
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by ichommy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
Funjosh:
Looking for Nigeria cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by GetUmad: 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
shinarambo1:

Took the pic while trying to plug my car to the power supply stand at the car park.

You mean you were trying to plug your car to the "transformer or electric pole"? Pictures or Adonbilivit.

Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by Audrinakane(f): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Is it just culture? What of better climate, social attitude, religion practiced, etc How can UK be first 5? A country where your next door neighbor isn't interested whether you are dead or alive and if you disturb his peace he will call the cops on you, a place where you can't wear a symbol of your religion in peace and where you can freeze to death in winter or Canada where you are virtually living inside ice?

Even Switzerland where no one cares about you apart from the govt, a soulless country

Thank God for Africa

What about security, education, opportunities, employment and salaries. African countries have a lot to work on especially in terms of social facilities and things of comfort. Religious intolerance is actually a bigger problem in Africa than most European countries. Fine, there weather is bad but there are still parts where your neighbours care for you like Canada which is a very welcoming country. Africa had a lot to improve on, we need to eradicate a lot of things and start thinking about other things apart from religion which seems to tear us further apart.
South Africa and Morocco are still nothing compared to these countries.
Re: 2017: Switzerland Tops The Best Country To Live In The World, U.S. Drops. by rafcrown(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
I have been to Luxembourg but no time yet to visit Switzerland.Luxembourg is small,rich and a great place to visit.[quote author=Audrinakane post=54396974][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qatar Visa / Has Anyone Ever Been To Warri? / Various Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Third World Country(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.