Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) (33401 Views)

Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

Then you better go back and read hisory of the time because Biafra was all about freeing the people of Eastern Nigeria from "Northern controlled Nigeria'.
Was this before or after you people in the military staged a coup that TARGETED ONLY non-Igbo officers and politicians? Keep fooling yourselves.

kingzizzy:

The second world war cost 50 million to fight Nazi/German domination. That was the price of freedom
Hitler and Germany LOST the second World War. Ojukwu and Igbos lost the Nigerian civil war - you are in good company.

kingzizzy:

The Biafran war was about fighting Northern domination, millions of lives lost was the attempt to be fee, one which Im proud of my people.
Again: Was this before or after you people in the military staged a coup that TARGETED ONLY non-Igbo officers and politicians?.

kingzizzy:

Surrendering without a fight is a cowards way out of problems
Who surrendered? Yes. Biafra surrendered to Obasanjo. Who started the war? Yes. Ojukwu did by his dumb secession proclamation. Have I reset your brain yet?

kingzizzy:

But fighting like man despite all odds, thats for warriors.

You keep thinking like a toddler - clap for yourself. War is not gragra - 99% of war is strategy. The MOST important strategy of all is knowing WHEN to go to war. Your stupid leader, the coward, Ojukwu failed that basic test.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Who is the slave? Who is leaving their region en masse to look for daily bread in other regions? Not a single day pass without tens thousands of JJC Igbos trooping into the SW to come and survive. We Yorubas are already free. A free man makes use of his brain. And plans and moves towards his goals. As long as you Igbo see yourselves as slaves - you will forever be at the mercy of narcissistic/egotistic charlatans like Ojukwu (the coward) and the onikuje of kuje (his fraudulent highness Cownu).

Oh! You dont know you are a slave? You are answering the colonial name the white man gave you, claming the country Lugard created as your own but you dont know you are a slave. But when someone like Ojukwu created his own name and country, yoy will think he is a fool.

Nigeria is country that the Notherners control 64% of the National Assembly, they control the Military, the Politics and the economy. So how are you not a slave?
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

Oh! You dont know you are a slave? You are answering the colonial name the white man gave you, claming the country Lugard created as your own but you dont know you are a slave. But when someone like Ojukwu created his own name and country, yoy will think he is a fool.
Nigeria is country that the Notherners control 64% of the National Assembly, they control the Military, the Politics and the economy. So how are you not a slave?

You are confusing corruption with slavery. Now, I see through your ramblings. Orji Uzor Kalu (a proud 'Northerner' grin) robbed Abia State - thereby enslaving thousands of Abians in the process. For Abians, OUK, is worse than a thousand Hausa-Fulani slave masters. The name Biafra was coined by the Portuguese - so even Biafra is a colonial name. Ojukwu did not create the name Biafra. Yes. Ojukwu was not only a fool and a coward, he was a socio-pathetic mediocre officer. Who led 3 millions souls to hades. WE YORUBAS ARE FREEBORN SOULS. YOU IBOS HOWEVER MIGHT BE OSUS. GET SENSE. IF NOT SHATAP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Who is the slave? Who is leaving their region en masse to look for daily bread in other regions? Not a single day pass without tens thousands of JJC Igbos trooping into the SW to come and survive. .

Your people are found in larrge numbers in Western countries like America and Britain. What are they doing there when they have Nigeria. You should encourage them to return
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

Your people are found in larrge numbers in Western countries like America and Britain. What are they doing there when they have Nigeria. You should encourage them to return

FACT: rate of Igbo migration to Lagos ALONE >>>>>> TOTAL rate of Yoruba migration out of SW. So who is the slave?

4 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Melonny(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
RIP... Thank you for what you have done so far for the good people of Iyin-Ekiti.. I saw him last month.. Baba, sun re o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kellykoncept(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
one of Fayose Godfather in Ekiti is gone.

Rest in peace baba.

He nearly sent his son (adeniyi adebayo) out of his house because of FAYOSE.

Funny enough, he's a PDP man till death, despites his son being one of the APC stakeholders in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
scholes23:
This is my prayer for you

And this is my own prayer for you...may God not allow me to become a toxic person like you.

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

You are confusing corruption with slavery. Now, I see through your ramblings. Orji Uzor Kalu (a proud 'Northerner' grin) robbed Abia State - thereby enslaving thousands of Abians in the process. For Abians, OUK, is worse than a thousand Hausa-Fulani slave masters. The name Biafra was coined by the Portuguese - so even Biafra is a colonial name. Ojukwu did not create the name Biafra. Yes. Ojukwu was not only a fool and a coward, he was a socio-pathetic mediocre officer. Who lead 3 millions souls to hades. WE YORUBAS ARE FREEBORN SOULS. YOU IBOS HOWEVER MIGHT BE OSUS. GET SENSE. IF NOT SHATAP.

Go and find your country instead of claiming the one a white man created as your own. Go and learn what the concept of self determination is instead of parading your self as a mere British colonial product called 'Nigerian'.

Go and get your sovereignty and develop your land instead of running around looking for who you will do 'one Nigeria' with

Finally, develop the backbone to confront the Northerners when they mess up. Not that they will come to your Region, kill your Governor (Fajuyi ), chase away your most senior officer (Ogundipe) and later slaughter your brightest political star (MKO Abiola) and all you people could do is clap your hands.
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Intrepid01:
Some people are just eternally dump. So seceding and sending soldiers to capture Lagos by Ojukwu isn't a signal to the beginning of War. In the past I used to wander why you people have refused to think and call a spade a spade but lately I have come to understand that deeply rooted in an Ibo man's DNA ( even Igbokwe confirmed it) is a "blame them all but me syndrome" , "even when I'm wrong, they caused it" syndrome. Only few Igbos have come out publicly to blame Ojukwu for plunging them in to a war they never had the capacity for.

Imagine, a chest beater that is self centered, you even said Adebayo missed the chance to become the first Military President, what a useless thinking, your thinking is similar to that of Ojukwu and that stupid thinking led to the death of millions of people. Not until when you people start thinking properly, your miserable situation won't change. gerrarahia

I no fit laugh again, abeg.... cheesy shocked grin

4 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
Sorry bro but secession is not prelude to war. That a people seceded does not mean that only war can be employed to resolve the issue. Gowon could have gone for a second Aburi meeting, discussions, referendum. Of all the peaceful ways Gowon could have gone about Biafra, he chose war as his first and last resort

Adebayo was a signatory to the Aburi agreement, he signed on behalf of the the Western Nigeria. Yet he could never call Gowo out for breaking the agreement they all signed in Ghana.

Personally, I think Adebayo was a good man and a fine officer, but his docility is shocking.

Adebayo should have been the first Military President of an independent Oduduwa Republic.

Instead, he was reduced to saluting Gowon who was far his junior in the Army.

What a pity that only Ojukwu had the guts to stand up to Northern domination

I will forgive you for rambling, because I know you are ill-informed. sad Ojukwu as a military officer was duty bound to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Instead of seeking a peaceful approach to the problem confronting his people, he chose to secede, seize federal govt assets in the Eastern region, ask for oil royalties to be paid into his purse and argued that the case of Biafra would be settled on the battlefield instead of listening to the voice of reason from Zik, Adebayo and other African leaders. If that is not a prelude to war, then I do not know what it is. Maybe you can enlighten us.

I really don't have time for you so please make use of the internet. Everything I have told you is in public domain. sad As for Adebayo, he had the foresight to reject a poisoned chalice. He was not a megalomaniac, or a power-hungry officer, who wanted to push himself to the forefront. Adebayo did not (and still does not) need your endorsement. His people respected his views, and what he stood for. Your opinion about him, therefore remains inconsequential. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Eledan: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

We are not ready to follow the path of the igbos, We are happy as a Nation simple..

Speak for yourself please, if you are happy with the way things are, not true everyone is.

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by zaradina(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
Shit... He's my cousin's dad. Confirmed.
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by lx3as(m): 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
My only criticism of him was that as a signatory to the Aburi agreement, he should have spoken up for the western Region when Gowon broke the Agreement by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states. General Adebayo was senior to Gowon. It is unfortunate that he, along with the Yoruba nation, just could never stand up to Northerners. Adebayo, as Military Governor of the Western Region did not sleep in Government House because he was scared that he might be killed like Fajuyi. A Yoruba man who could not sleep in his official residence in his own land out of fright of the Northerners!

Tufiakwa!

Boy, when did Adebayo run away from Government house? Do you know what it take to loose dear brother? Fajuyi, his brother from Ado-Ekiti (Iyin-Ekiti and Ado are brothers) just died because of an Igbo man, Ironsi. So you expected another Ekiti man to lay down his life for Ojukwu? When it was not a curse.
I would not like to say Igbos are ingrates but you. This man was the first Nigerian Chief of Army Staff. He loved Ojukwu so much that he encouraged him to join the Army. He was abroad on course when the coups of 1966 took place.
He refused to join the war initially because of his love for Ojukwu and Igbos; he withdrew all Western soldiers to 2nd Div, Ibadan until Ojukwu invaded Western region. What did you want him to do? Even Banjo and several Yoruba soldiers that were friends to Ojukwu and Nzeogu fought and died for Biafra; you made their death and that of Adekunle Fajuyi seemed in vain.
Some of you will come online and start crying, 'Yorubas hate Biafra dream' but not at all, majority of Yorubas support self-determination and you going your own way; however they will never take the path of Fajuyi, Banjo, etc again no matter your anger and pains!

Sunre o Baba Adeyinka Adebayo!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
laudate:

I will forgive you for rambling, because I know you are ill-informed. sad Ojukwu as a military officer was duty bound to defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Instead of seeking a peaceful approach to the problem confronting his people, he chose to secede, seize federal govt assets in the Eastern region, ask for oil royalties to be paid into his purse and argued that the case of Biafra would be settled on the battlefield instead of listening to the voice of reason from Zik, Adebayo and other African leaders. If that is not a prelude to war, then I do not know what it is. Maybe you can enlighten us.

I really don't have time for you so please make use of the internet. Everything I have told you is in public domain. sad As for Adebayo, he had the foresight to reject a poisoned chalice. He was not a megalomaniac, or a power-hungry officer, who wanted to push himself to the forefront. Adebayo did not (and still does not) need your endorsement. His people respected his views, and what he stood for. Your opinion about him, therefore remains inconsequential. undecided

Ojukwu was a man of peace. Despite being senior to Gowon and great risk to his life, he went to Aburi to get peace. Gowon made peace impossible by breaking the agreement he signed in Ghana. By announcing the dissolution of the 4 Regions, Gowon destroyed the structural arrangement of Nigeria, forcing Ojukwu to secede. Ojukwu did all he could do for peace. The reality is that there were only two choices, 'accept domination or war'. Everybody except Ojukwu chose northern domination. As an Igbo man, Im proud of Ojukwu for not going down without a fight .
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by ceejay4real(m): 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=gazilion post=54389254]

That is why he lived to be 89 years! It is wisdom to let go at a time when what happened was inevitable.
I never knew he was a signatory to the Aburi Accord but since he already wrote in his book his disdain for the war and in support of the secession of Biafra, Please, let him be!! May his soul rest in peace.

Gazilion[/quote

I love you bro, I must confess u are so on point! It's just a pity Adebayo was not as courageous as Fajuyi. I think that was why the Northern savages made sure they killed Fajuyi in the heat of the July 29th coup so that the Western region wouldn't have a fiery and firm leader who could challenge their atrocities and excesses! If Fajuyi survived the coup there was no other way they could have eliminated him again and this would have definitely put Gowon and his Northern Vampires in check. And just maybe the civil war would not have happened. Anyways, all that took place then is now history. I believe General Adebayo was a good man from all his utterances even so many years after the genocidal war just that he lacked strength of character to stand up to the North which I feel Fajuyi would have done.
RIP to the dead and may his soul rest in the bosom of the Lord!
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by supereagle(m): 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
He helped in the training of the 3 of Ironsi's children after the Civil War. the man left 8 children behind.

3 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by tripoli007(m): 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
RIP great man .. As far as I am concerned Biafra war was all about oil ..who will control the all producing states ,forget all this aburi and ojukwu blah blah. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
lx3as:

Boy, when did Adebayo run away from Government house? Do you know what it take to loose dear brother? Fajuyi, his brother from Ado-Ekiti (Iyin-Ekiti and Ado are brothers) just died because of an Igbo man, Ironsi. So you expected another Ekiti man to lay down his life for Ojukwu? When it was not a curse.
I would not like to say Igbos are ingrates but you. This man was the first Nigerian Chief of Army Staff. He loved Ojukwu so much that he encouraged him to join the Army. He was abroad on course when the coups of 1966 took place.
He refused to join the war initially because of his love for Ojukwu and Igbos; he withdrew all Western soldiers to 2nd Div, Ibadan until Ojukwu invaded Western region. What did you want him to do? Even Banjo and several Yoruba soldiers that were friends to Ojukwu and Nzeogu fought and died for Biafra; you made their death and that of Adekunle Fajuyi seemed in vain.
Some of you will come online and start crying, 'Yorubas hate Biafra dream' but not at all, majority of Yorubas support self-determination and you going your own way; however they will never take the path of Fajuyi, Banjo, etc again no matter your anger and pains!

Sunre o Baba Adeyinka Adebayo!

I didnt say Adebayo ran From Govt House, I said he didnt sleep there because he thought the Northerners might kill him like they did Fajuyi.

As for Fajuyi, wether he was killed because of Ironsi or not, the point is that he should have never been killed. I want see more Yorubas condemn the Northerners for killing their Governor rather than make excuses for them that it was because of Ironsi.

As I said before, Adebayo was a good man and officer, I just wish he had stood up to the north on behalf of his Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
Eledan:

Speak for yourself please, if you are happy with the way things are, not true everyone is.

Well 80% Yoruba's are and majority carry the votes..
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
My only criticism of him was that as a signatory to the Aburi agreement, he should have spoken up for the western Region when Gowon broke the Agreement by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states. General Adebayo was senior to Gowon. It is unfortunate that he, along with the Yoruba nation, just could never stand up to Northerners. Adebayo, as Military Governor of the Western Region did not sleep in Government House because he was scared that he might be killed like Fajuyi. A Yoruba man who could not sleep in his official residence in his own land out of fright of the Northerners!

Tufiakwa!

U call it cowardice, those who know military call it tactics. No wonder he reached 89. RIP General.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Adebayo, the man that said igbo must obtain a visa before visiting Lagos after the war?
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Suurulere:
He was 88. He would have been 89 tomorrow. He was entirely against the Nigeria Civil War.

"I need not tell you what horror, what devastation and what extreme human suffering will attend the use of force.
When it is all over and the smoke and dust have lifted, and the dead are buried, we shall find, as other people have found, that it has all been futile, entirely futile, in solving the problems we set out to solve." - General Adeyinka Adebayo, 1967.

He also implored Gowon to let Ojukwu break away with Biafra.
His first son, Otunba Niyi Adebayo was the first executive governor of Ekiti State between 1999-2003.

Rest on Sir.

Great man. Wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
RIP General Adebayo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by omoladeazeez: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
post=54388593:
Rest in peace Sir.
Condolence message to entire whom know the value pride of nation.
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Eledan: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Well 80% Yoruba's are and majority carry the votes..

Lmaoooo

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by juman(m): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hmmm

Death of a great man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by ontolegit(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
So happy I made front page for the first time
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kenoz(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
RIP to him
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
`

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by PDJT: 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
[s]
AkinPhysicist:

Rubbish. Now, let me grant you that this rubbish you posted is true. Now, why would Ojukwu be so stupid to go into a war that would result in the death of 3 million of his own people? If the war ONLY benefited the colonial masters wishes, why would he be so willing to sacrifice 3 million souls?
[/s]

You really expect me to read that gibberish you type?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi As New CBN Deputy Governor / Between Released Chibok Girl And Her Mother: An Emotional Reunion / Wike: Aircraft Abandoned By Amaechi In Germany, Retrieved, Repaired And Returned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.