Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Save Oyo Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Oyo Workers (807 Views)

Strike Continues Until You Pay Our 16 Months Salary-oyo Workers / PDP: Why Tinubu, Others Can’t Save Oyo APC From Defeat In 2019 / Paris Club Fund: Oyo Workers To Receive 2 Months Salaries Utilizes 72% Of Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Oyo Workers by huey99(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
Over a month after the oyo state government (2nd Feb. 2017) confirmed the receipt of 7.2 billion Naira as its share of the Paris club excess deductions, the same government promised by a declaration made by the governor on Jan 4, that 50% of the amount would be used to pay outstanding salaries (http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/222338-oyo-receives-n7-2-billion-paris-club-excess-deduction-commissioner.html).

The government owes workers since August 2016 and has still not paid workers.

The lack of care and high-handedness coupled with callousness of the governor is unbecoming, leaving almost all workers in a state of wanton poverty.

The constituted authority of oyo state is gradually killing the state, we make a plea to the federal government, EFCC, and those powerful than the constituted authority to come to the workers aid.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by igwebuike01: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
a
Re: Save Oyo Workers by DrPlato: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ajimobi is a disaster. Very soon he will start claiming constituted authority.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by dadebayo1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Truth be told he used the paris refund to pay part of outstanding salary.. If you check through the payslip or alert message for september you will notice the money was disbursed from heritage bank with an account titled refund..... Let us not misinform the public sir.. All will be well soon..

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo Workers by tociano009(m): 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
dadebayo1:
Truth be told he used the paris refund to pay part of outstanding salary.. If you check through the payslip or alert message for september you will notice the money was disbursed from heritage bank with an account titled refund..... Let us not misinform the public sir.. All will be well soon..
BMC

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo Workers by dadebayo1(m): 2:09am On Mar 09, 2017
tociano009:
BMC

How i wish i was part of them.... grin but on a more serious note, i work for OYSG and one should say the truth at all times. I stand on the fact that the money was used to pay August salary, while September salary was paid through skye bank govt account, though the government is still owing about five months of salary but that does not mean we should mis inform the public.. Will look for my scrrenshot and post it here

1 Like

Re: Save Oyo Workers by babdap: 6:22am On Mar 09, 2017
He even paid September before August, if anyone wants the definition of Poverty is an average Oyo State Civil Servants.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by Specs87: 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Truth is the government is owing salaries but saying the Paris Funds was used for something else is evil and utter lies. And in a few days, 2 months salaries will be paid again to reduce the number of months owed.

I like the people on this group, they are informed. All liars will end up in hell unless they repent.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by Specs87: 8:14am On Mar 09, 2017
DrPlato:
Ajimobi is a disaster. Very soon he will start claiming constituted authority.
how is he a disaster?
By increasing workers salaries 3 times in 6 years?
Re: Save Oyo Workers by Specs87: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
huey99:
Over a month after the oyo state government (2nd Feb. 2017) confirmed the receipt of 7.2 billion Naira as its share of the Paris club excess deductions, the same government promised by a declaration made by the governor on Jan 4, that 50% of the amount would be used to pay outstanding salaries (http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/222338-oyo-receives-n7-2-billion-paris-club-excess-deduction-commissioner.html).

The government owes workers since August 2016 and has still not paid workers.

The lack of care and high-handedness coupled with callousness of the governor is unbecoming, leaving almost all workers in a state of wanton poverty.

The constituted authority of oyo state is gradually killing the state, we make a plea to the federal government, EFCC, and those powerful than the constituted authority to come to the workers aid.
. You can inform the public without lying. Look at how you've been called out by the neutrals. Stop lyzing. And for your information (though might be sad to
You) About 2/3 months salaries are about to be paid, all at once. That must be saddening to you.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by dadebayo1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
We should not be biased ... Yes he paid sept before aug because september came from the paris refund from another bank account while aug was paid from skye bank.. Guess probably it was due to bank delay in transaction... I am not holding brief for the governor but the truth is he has been paying two months of outstanding arrears from april and may 2016 paid together june july 2016 paid together and aug sept 2016 paid together... I can show you screenshots of that too.. I heard he will pay oct nov 2016 by next week.... Though we are all passing through the tough times now i believe it will all end soon.….. And to the person claiming oyo civil servants are experiencing poverty... Its a free world and you are entitled to your opinion.. All is well
Re: Save Oyo Workers by roolnaado(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2017
dadebayo1:
We should not be biased ... Yes he paid sept before aug because september came from the paris refund from another bank account while aug was paid from skye bank.. Guess probably it was due to bank delay in transaction... I am not holding brief for the governor but the truth is he has been paying two months of outstanding arrears from april and may 2016 paid together june july 2016 paid together and aug sept 2016 paid together... I can show you screenshots of that too.. I heard he will pay oct nov 2016 by next week.... Though we are all passing through the tough times now i believe it will all end soon.….. And to the person claiming oyo civil servants are experiencing poverty... Its a free world and you are entitled to your opinion.. All is well

Local government staffs only received percentages of a month salary, at most one month salary. I'm not holding brief for the op but the local government is the worst hit.
Re: Save Oyo Workers by dadebayo1(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2017
roolnaado:

Local government staffs only received percentages of a month salary, at most one month salary. I'm not holding brief for the op but the local government is the worst hit.

I feel pity for the local government workers they just got june salary which like you said was a percentage of june salary..i must confess local government workers are really having it tough ... The problem is the state government can not access local government funds because the state is yet to conduct local government elections so fg is witholding access to local government allocation because of that.... They will not get the funds until the state conducts local government election. Guess the percentage paid to local government workers for june was paid with igr from local government..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Niger State Honourable Commissioner Of Water Resource / Protesters Want Amnesty International To Leave Nigeria - PREMIUM TIMES / Benue Governor Ortom's Convoy Involve In Accident Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.