Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? (1078 Views)

My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / Am I Really A Bad Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by kwaso: 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My best friend’s babe who (the lady) is also my paddy was invited for an interview in my organization. She was so excited about it and kept asking my possible interview questions which I was happily mentored her cos we both would love to work in same place.
THE WHAHALA: On the morning of the interview, I got a mail asking me to represent my supervisor who had another pressing need to babysit.(Ordinarily, i wouldn't even want to be part of it) When she worked in to the room and saw me, she lost composure and all the garagara she was putting up sizzled out. Me, I just acted like I never knew her. When it was my turn to ask her question, I simply asked her a question I considered simple (a question she had played with easily during her rehearsal with me) because other panelists had already worn her out with questions. To my greatest shock, she started stammering and couldn’t remember again. The HR wrote her out.
Now, she is really mad with me because I didn’t tell her I was going to be in the panel, I couldn’t influence her engagement and funny more, I seem to be losing her friendship. Please how can I help her get out of her mood?
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Makes a good story for telemundo
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Cutehector(m): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Abegi... Nonsense... Is it ur fault she didn't prepare well? Pls she should go and cry somewhere else.. People always looking for whom to blame for their short comings...
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by smark61: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
cheesy
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
Your friend is not Composed. Yes she was shocked to find you among the panel but she should have just overlooked that, and compose herself better. Give her some time to cool off, Explain to her what really happened but if she remains adamant, let her be. Sometimes we have to let some people make the choices of being with us or not smiley
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
You rehearsed with her, acted like you didn't know her during the interview,
asked her a question you already rehearsed with her.

You've done a lot to help her. She should be thanking you and blaming herself.

If she wants to break your friendship over this, then you had no friendship too begin with.

If she doesn't accept responsibility for her poor performance during the interview and improve,
if she messes up at the next interview she's going to blame the interviewer again, mcheew.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
She will get over it.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Acidosis(m): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
What you considered simple may be difficult from her viewpoint.

Losing composure whether you're there or not is not strange. It happens to everyone.

Forgetting a question you have rehearsed severally when it's most needed is not out of place. It happens to everyone.

You can gain back her friendship. Your organization isn't the only place to get a job. Encourage her and she might get a good job elsewhere.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Acidosis:
What you considered simple may be difficult from her viewpoint.

Losing composure whether you're there or not is not strange. It happens to everyone.

Forgetting a question you have rehearsed severally when it's most needed is not out of place. It happens to everyone.

You can gain back her friendship. Your organization isn't the only place to get a job. Encourage her and she might get a good job elsewhere.

Yes, it's normal to be nervous during interviews, especially when you're not sure which questions they would ask. But OP asked her a question he had already asked her during their rehearsal. Blaming him for her inability to hold herself down during the interview, is nonsense. If I were OP, I would leave her be and let her handle things herself from now on, or let her go to her boyfriend for help. Trying to "encourage" an ingrate who will further turn around to blame you for their own shortcomings is never a good idea.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by thorpido(m): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
NotOfThis:
You rehearsed with her, acted like you didn't know her during the interview,
asked her a question you already rehearsed with her.

You've done a lot to help her. She should be thanking you and blaming herself.

If she wants to break your friendship over this, then you had no friendship too begin with.

If she doesn't accept responsibility for her poor performance during the interview and improve,
if she messes up at the next interview she's going to blame the interviewer again, mcheew.
What else,Op?
If she won't accept responsibility for her own short-coming,just let her be.

Like Uche,face your work.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
She's not your girlfriend is she?

Let her be.

Just send her an SMS So that she knows How you came to be on the panel. That's the only explanation you owe her as a friend.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by sisisioge: 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
Find time to explain things to her just as you did here, possibly in the presence of her bf. If she still doesn't get it after that...Put her on a blast. We can't please everyone, we can only try to stay fair ni.

She should be smarting from her own goof, not picking on you. I remember one interview I went for one time. The first stage was a piece of cake for me. There were four people on the panel.I dazzled and didn't let my contact person hear the end of it.I was so much in his face about how well I did and he confirmed it from my file too. Second stage was just a one man interviewer o. Hian, I just had a bad dry mouth that day. I did lesser than expected. Well, before my contact could come and meet me at lobby to ask how far...I splited! Shame no gree me exchange pleasantries. Babe should park well jor.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
This case reminds me of what my dad always say "Practice n study because you want to know not because you want to pass a test for knowledge is power"

She should take responsibility for her failure n learn from it.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Ebeleiscorupt: 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Let her be and face your life. The job is not meant for her.
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Richy4(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
I don't think you wanted her to work in your organization....I might be wrong though...But I 'm just wondering why it was only your question that threw her off balance sad
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Dera25(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
Richy4:
I don't think you wanted her to work in your organization....I might be wrong though...But I 'm just wondering why it was only your question that threw her off balance sad
Oga did you read the story at all? How did you concluded that it is only his question that threw her off balance? oya now read this
i wouldn't even want to be part of it) When she worked in to the room and saw me, she lost composure and all the garagara she was putting up sizzled out. Me, I just acted like I never knew her. When it was my turn to ask her question, I simply asked her a question I considered simple (a question she had played with easily during her rehearsal with me) BECAUSE OTHER PANELISTS HAD ALREADY WORN HER OUT WITH QUESTIONS. To my greatest shock, she started stammering and couldn’t remember again. The HR wrote her ou
Re: Please Advice: Did I Really Offend Her? by Richy4(m): 6:25am On Mar 09, 2017
Dera25:

Oga did you read the story at all? How did you concluded that it is only his question that threw her off balance?oya now read this
i wouldn't even want to be part of it) When she worked in to the room and saw me, she lost composure and all the garagara she was putting up sizzled out. Me, I just acted like I never knew her. When it was my turn to ask her question, I simply asked her a question I considered simple (a question she had played with easily during her rehearsal with me) BECAUSE OTHER PANELISTS HAD ALREADY WORN HER OUT WITH QUESTIONS. To my greatest shock, she started stammering and couldn’t remember again. The HR wrote her ou

Infact I read the story very well...Maybe you were the one that did not understand my question>>>

I have to remind you that it was normal for someone to feel nervous during interview...Some even threw up sometimes

I would have loved to know why she was not stammering while others where asking but when it comes to his own questions, she began to stammer <<<Do you know if the question he called simply was the one he knew he did not answer correctly during their rehearsal...

If she was able to answer the other panelist and survived without stammering, then she was doing good..Not that I was trying to justify the fact that she was not fully prepared but in a write up like this, You have to test the strength of the opposing arguments...You can't just take whatever you read on social media in especially when it involve two sides and someone tries to butter his or her own side up

(1) (Reply)

Is It Reasonable Request? / 3 Great Easy And Natural Methods To Get Longer And Beautiful Hair / I Am Wil Never Be Good Enough For My Parents :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.