Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge (28860 Views)

PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Kelvin1971(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
Govt should do something fast about the bridge not until it collapse and life lost before they pay attention to it. Ambode you are trying please attend to this sir
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by tens4real(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
Am so.use to this in Lagos that I don't even see the traffic,the only thing in my mind is to cross over get a bus and go home I see it as a normal thing in Lagos but seriously ambode needs to do.something it's really dangerous and pathetic!!!
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by LorDBolton(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
thrillionaire:
A Facebook user named Prince has drawn attention to this impending danger. The pedestrian bridge at ketu seems to be failing due to the heavy traffic it carries.

By mere looking at it you can see the strain. We call on the Lagos state government to act fast so as to avoid sad stories and any loss of life.

Omo b4 dummies start displaying their ignorance, pls stroll to ojota and see the new state-of-the-art pedex bridge in the last stages of construction.

Similar ish will happen at ketu...

See the foolish 'anarchist' I just quoted below
babatgtr:
This what happen when we can't use the power of unity, if all this people can cross at the same time who will arrest them... The government should know that this bridge is too small for that area.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by ifycent2: 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
LAGOS STATE IS INCREASING DAY BY DAY

BY

HUMAN BEINGS....

CHAI!!!!
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by PDJT: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
That Lagos is a dangerous place for any normal human being, security and health wise. You couldn't pay me to live in such place.
I'm sure, by the end of this year, there will be atleast another half a million increase in Lagos population.

1 Like

Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Sogold: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Babatgr, You can not despite in unity cross the bridge, carricades have been installed to debar crossing.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by musicwriter(m): 9:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
The Lagos state government have no idea the population of Lagos.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by klax(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Oh heaven this is time bomb loading. Urgent attention is needed before disaster happen.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Eastwalk(m): 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
cry
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by AkinPhysicist: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
shocked
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Eastwalk(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
tintingz:
What a big lie.

The OP picture was shot when govt did barriers across the road preventing people from crossing, people were not able to cross, they had to make use of the pedestrian bridge, this picture is NOT a recent picture of the bridge.

There are roof pillars by the side handle of the bridge, the govt wants to roof the bridge, from the OP pic there are no roof pillars, this is an old news/pic.
Eastwalk:
Old pictures, we already deliberate on this in wazobia forum last year, that's not how the bridge looks presently. This picture is old.

Check out on wazobia

www.wazobiaforum.com/post/27452/danger-ketu-pedestrian-bridge-shakes-as-more-commuters-besiege-the-platform
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Abduletudaye(m): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
tintingz:
What a big lie.

The OP picture was shot when govt did barriers across the road preventing people from crossing, people were not able to cross, they had to make use of the pedestrian bridge, this picture is NOT a recent picture of the bridge.

There are roof pillars by the side handle of the bridge, the govt wants to roof the bridge, from the OP pic there are no roof pillars, this is an old news/pic.

I concur!

This pix is very very metusella in nature.

A roof is about to be constructed on the pedestrian bridge as we speak.

Regards.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by africanusvu(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
thrillionaire:
A Facebook user named Prince has drawn attention to this impending danger. The pedestrian bridge at ketu seems to be failing due to the heavy traffic it carries.

By mere looking at it you can see the strain. We call on the Lagos state government to act fast so as to avoid sad stories and any loss of life.

.What maters is the LOAD BEARING CAPACITY LBC of d bridge nt the population crosing it.ask for d max tons d bridge is designed to cary.and note dat 1000kg=1ton and the avarage wt of individuals crosng d bridge may nt exced 70kg.[0.07tons] and no ped bridge is less than 75tons capacity
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2017
Old recycled news. This exact picture was posted November last year.

Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
thrillionaire:

ABEGI 80% OF LAGOSIANS NA SUFFER HEAD. EVERYBODY WAN STAY LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Mexyz(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
This picture is as old as anything, moreover that bridge is undergoing maintenance/facelift as we speak.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Originalsly: 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
This is a national disgrace.... in 2017 overhead bridge to cross the streets in densely populated urban area. Why not traffic signals and zebra crossings?.... what am I missing?
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by sweetheart202(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
THOSE IN AUTHORITY WILL NOT ACT FAST NOW...WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS THATS WHEN THEY WILL LOOK FOR WHOM TO BLAME....TRADING HUMAN LIFE FOR CONTRACTS AND CONSTRUCTION
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by jibbish(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
tintingz:
What a big lie.

i really dont know what some pple gain in peddling a bad image of a situation, that aw some pple uploaded an old pic of Abuja airport only to be debunked by someone who travelled recently.
Craze for information will soon be our undoing
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by pheesayor(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
This is an old picture and it is misleading. What is nairaland turning into sef?
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by OkuFaba(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
slurryeye:
What is this eyesore for God sake?

You don't need to be a civil engineer to know that the tensile strength of the concrete used for the construction of the bridge was not meant to carry so many people.

If the bridge eventually collapse and hundreds of people die, you will start blaming devil and ask for God's mercy

Instead of waiting for the time to blame the devil, why can't we suggest find a way to solve this problem.

My suggestion is for the government to build a traffic light with predestrian crossing one kilometer apart on the road. The traffic light should turn to stop every five minutes during rush hour, and 60 seconds giving for pedestrian light for people to cross. This traffic light should be regularly monitored, and any motorist seen violating the light should be charge with manslaughter. We should learn how to value lifes more in Nigeria
Our govt always wait for crisis to happen before acting. Lagos state has the resources to build like 3 pedestrian bridges here. This human trafic no be here o
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by yinkarh187(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
slurryeye:
What is this eyesore for God sake?

You don't need to be a civil engineer to know that the tensile strength of the concrete used for the construction of the bridge was not meant to carry so many people.

If the bridge eventually collapse and hundreds of people die, you will start blaming devil and ask for God's mercy

Instead of waiting for the time to blame the devil, why can't we suggest find a way to solve this problem.

My suggestion is for the government to build a traffic light with predestrian crossing one kilometer apart on the road. The traffic light should turn to stop every five minutes during rush hour, and 60 seconds giving for pedestrian light for people to cross. This traffic light should be regularly monitored, and any motorist seen violating the light should be charge with manslaughter. We should learn how to value lifes more in Nigeria
sorry are you a civil engineer? or a civil engineering student?
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by tunde300us(m): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
How did this rubbish make front page,a picture that is almost one year old and the OP posted it as a danger and unfortunately it made front page. I think someone is playing politics with nairaland already
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by muffyt05: 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
I'm guessing the OP's desperation for attention is the reason he/she brought back this stale pix/news. When was the last time the OP visited or made use if the bridge in question? As of the moment,the bridge is undergoing massive facelift, with a visible appearance of roof and other renovation. Also,the human movement on the bridge is even down to the bearest minimum as a section of the barricade has been opened to ease pressure on the bridge. For the attention seeking OP, you sha wan blow or trend by force,an advise to you, go and slap a military man if you won't blow or get the attention you seek
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by InvertedHammer: 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
Every day will be Christmas for pickpockets.

Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by malware: 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
Not trynna be a prophet of doom, but that bridge would soon collapse cos the designers never imagined a situation where the complete meter square of it would be occupied by human load.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by slurryeye: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
yinkarh187:
sorry are you a civil engineer? or a civil engineering student?
I'm not a civil engineer neither am I a civil engineering student. I'm just a student of common sense cool
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by akigbemaru: 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ketu for show!
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by Exponental(m): 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Danger Alert!
Bridge to collapse very soon!!
Solution: traffic control using one-way method..... 5 minutes interval pending the time a second bridge be built.
Alternatively, partitioning should be done using light material
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by BOKO52(m): 12:56am On Mar 09, 2017
This happens Only in Lagos, abeg lagos state cizitens Una done join Kenya for werid News Abi ?... I just dey pass sha.
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by EnkayDezign4: 1:15am On Mar 09, 2017
Why don't they start building tunnel walkways too in addition to foot bridges?
Re: Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge by abdulsemiu02(m): 3:59am On Mar 09, 2017
In fact , I stay somewhere ard ketu, people now make use of the bridge bcs KAI officials hardly vacate the vicinity with there vehicles. grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Reconstructing Osisioma Road Aba (Photos) / South South Governors Meet Gambari, Table Demands (Photos) / APC And Their Laughable Deceptions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.