Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" (28013 Views)

Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. / What Is The Origin Of Black Friday Sales? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 09, 2017
slurryeye:

Op na lie grin, see the man Bluetooth was named after grin
lol!
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by adecz: 7:42am On Mar 09, 2017
......And 'Blue Blokkos' wink

It brings females 2geda. grin

Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Japari1234(f): 7:45am On Mar 09, 2017
Good.....
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Mar 09, 2017
slurryeye:

Op na lie grin, see the man Bluetooth was named after grin
Chisos grin grin.. Let me come and be going grin
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:47am On Mar 09, 2017
adecz:
......And 'Blue Blokkos' wink
It brings females 2geda. grin
ehh.. Blue blokkos.. From where??
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by praisekeyzz(m): 7:51am On Mar 09, 2017
Tell me any exam in Nigeria that could ask this question?

Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 09, 2017
Alright
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by AreaFada2: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2017
Enlightening but a similar thread has made FP many times over the years.

Do we have a new mod on NL? shocked
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2017
Un behalf of the FEC and the national assembly I hereby appoint naijatech the minister of science tech
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2017
nice one
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 09, 2017
Nice
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 09, 2017
I see!
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2017
smithsydny:
Un behalf of the FEC and the national assembly I hereby appoint naijatech the minister of science tech
lol
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Macaulish(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2017
herdekunley9ja:
is that all we need wen Buhari is going to come back, u are telling me why Bluetooth is called Bluetooth..... expecting why Nairaland is called Nairaland ooooo

This got me cracking
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by shiftback: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2017
Good to know
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by VeeGeeCee(f): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
If you've ever wondered how the name Bluetooth came about, I've got the answer.

Surprisingly it doesn't have anything to do with they color of the logo being blue or the symbol looking like a set of tooth. Bluetooth is named after the legendary Danish Viking King Harald Blåtand. Blåtand was an expert at bringing people together for non-violent negotiations. The way he used words went so far as uniting Denmark and Norway as a single territory. The English translation of Blåtand is blue-tooth.

According to one of the developers Jim Kardach, "the legend suited the name for the program. Harald had united Denmark and turned the Danes to Christians". Kardach also created a PowerPoint foil with a version of the Runic stone where King Harald held a cellphone in one hand and a notebook in the other hand with the translation of the Runes:

"Harald united Denmark and Norway”
“Harald thinks that mobile PC’s and cellular phones should seamlessly communicate”

The name was perfect and the logo for Bluetooth depicts Blåtand’s initials inscribed in Runic symbols.
good to know
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by amazon14: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2017
Op thanks now I know
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by donkalas(m): 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
I am in search of solar energy job help me pple I reside in Abuja [color=#770077][/color]
Re: See The Origin Of The Name "Bluetooth" by Nwibii: 4:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
how about infra-red?

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Know Before Buying A Mobile Phone / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight / Samsung Develops Algorithm That Creates Fake Videos With One Image (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.