Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode (26543 Views)

UN Vote: No Decision To Sanction Nigeria Yet - US Says / Budget: N16bn Padded In Fashola’s Ministry – Senators / Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by Palchiji: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2017
we have heard his Excellency Gov Ambo, Hon Fasho over to you....
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by airminem(f): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2017
10 Lane Road. Wow!
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by ahizih(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:
Fashola is a clear case of 'my mouth put me for wahala'. Six months after taking over Power and Transport he has been talking lesser and lesser by the day. Let's hope he doesn't become dumb before leaving the office.
Power and Transport?
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2017
call your guy to order na, arent you men members of the same party?
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mrpotter(m): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2017
There are procedures that needs to be followed in fixing that...you cant blame fashola.....because nor be him papa get the money to fix the road.....
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by HonabFaj(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2017
The senate hasn't approve the 2017 Budget yet
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mapet: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2017
TeamSimple:

TexasR: :

What is the sensational in this story
Are you the only person that is yet to know that Fashola hates Ambode's guts and would do anything to stop his shine With Ambode's fantastic work rate so far,he has shown that Fashola was nothing more than a glorified horticulturist governor,he was only busy planting flowers here and there and taking the work of traffic police by jumping into the road to arrest military officers driving on BRT lane.What an asswipe
However,Fashola is already a LOSER cos Ambode is doing well and Lagosians are seeing his work and love him.That coming from me should tell you the guy is good
Stop whose shine? Ambode and Apc in general rode on Fashola's performance in governance to win over people's heart.

Ambode was having a rough and not well attended campaign uptil the moment Fashola came in during his campaign at Agege..The crowd that came to see Fashola and support APC was overwhelming..

So please stop typing rubbish about fashola's government or Fashola himself..Without his performance Apc wouldn't b recognised.

Let these village kids be talking nonsense........The masterstroke for Ambode's election that made him win overwhelmingly was Fashola's well articulated letter to Lagosians a week to the election, especially after the controversial "Lagoon" statement of the Oba of Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mapet: 10:26am On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:
Have you ever read or heard that Fashola won this or that landmark case as a lawyer, yet he is a SAN. That guy na only mouth e get.(shaking my head).

1. Name the cases he lost?
2. ....and they told you that the criteria to be a SAN is the number of "won cases"?

.......I tot we stopped breeding Nincompoops....

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mapet: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2017
Before you lot start hyper-ventilating on sensational headlines (I watched the press briefing), these are some of the things you should know

1. The Airport-Oshodi road had actually started in 2005 or there about by the Tinubu administration. Julius Berger had moved in on site and started claiming the set-backs. That was the period Senator Seye Ogunlewe was the Minister of works and a sworn enemy of Tinubu. Ogunlewe's boys led by DAKOVA (David Adekunle Vaughn, the popular fashion label of the 800s-90s, was a personal assistant to Ogunlewe) led a team of thugs to stop JB. JB was summoned to Abuja and told in clear terms that they should hands off that project else they loose the "myriads" of projects in Abuja

2. When Fashola was governor, he restated LSG's intent to do that project and tied it to the billions owed Lagos by FG. But the PDP led FG were seemingly not interested

3. It will be ironic that the same Fashola will be the one to stop or frustrate this project. This is where I want to believe that Ambode should have been more diplomatic. First off, it is NOT a LSG ROW, and secondly the FG is so indepted to states that singling out Lagos state alone for refund may not be feasible nor wise.

4. Besides, a larger perspective is to rebuild MM1 into a world class airport. This will encompase the Airport, Rail system, underground tunnels and the Road. If this is the case, then embarking on the road project at this time may not be in alignment with the larger plan, cos when the Airport is later rebuild, they will impact on the road

I think we should read The Guardian version, which is more "matured" and gives a better perspective

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:02am On Mar 09, 2017
Jengem:
The rift between fashola and tinubu persists

Now we are seeing a new power shift at the center

You brain e yaf die let me sleep a little

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by Abdulazeez007(m): 11:02am On Mar 09, 2017
rfnextar:
that is a proof of how fashola is so incompetent, maybe he is jealous of the governor's achievement
sure you dont live in lagos, cos if you do, yu will know ambode is just tracing fashola achievement and emphasising on finished jobs!
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2017
How the ministry of works is frustrating the gov the report did not say. What kinda junk journalism do we ve in Nigeria today.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by HonabFaj(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2017
Nigeria Journalists, media houses and bloggers needs to improve the way they dish out information
Ambode after inspecting the on going project in Lagos answered some press questions and he said the FG through the minister of works,power and housing(He used that because the ministry of work is merged with power and housing) is frustrating Lagos the 10 lane Airport-Oshodi road that lead to Lagos International airport ,the road proposal had been summited since 2015 and the FG is frustrating Lagos effort to construct the road and he said the ministries of work ,housing and power still owing Lagos some money on the federal roads Lagos repaired .He is not talking about Fashola as a person,Fashola also witness the same thing as the governor of Lagos , he is talking about FG and there is no way he can use the word THE PAST FG ,government is continuity no matter who is on board .

We shouldnt forget Lagos is moving forward on a fast track because some thing had been done and put in place ,Lagosians are aware that Lagos is on a MEGA CITY dream and they have all adjusted ,if nothing was done before, Ambode work wont be so visible.
Any body who happens to be the Governor of lagos after ambode 8 years and he also share the same LAGOS Mega city vision with his predecessor will also enjoy more praise from the people

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by jimoqua: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
Even on power it frustrating. PHCN are given outrageous bills at Ogudu road, the marketer in charge Avaan Christy who is a common semo seller at Buhari street at ogudu beforeis given hell to consumers with her crazy bills . she will say your meter is not reading or you are using illegal light. so many consumers have been stopped from running there business due to her illegal activities and if you did not pay her reconnection fee directly na wahala. The management of PHCN should look into this.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by LordOfNaira: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
TexasR:

Are you the only person that is yet to know that Fashola hates Ambode's guts and would do anything to stop his shine With Ambode's fantastic work rate so far,he has shown that Fashola was nothing more than a glorified horticulturist governor,he was only busy planting flowers here and there and taking the work of traffic police by jumping into the road to arrest military officers driving on BRT lane.What an asswipe
However,Fashola is already a LOSER cos Ambode is doing well and Lagosians are seeing his work and love him.That coming from me should tell you the guy is good

You are guilty of sensationalism no wonder you didn't get that guy's point.

What makes you think Fashola hates Ambode's guts? And your calling Fashola a loser speaks volume of personal hatred expectedly devoid of rationality. We were all aware of how Fashola started everything that Ambode is building upon now. Fashola worked wonders in Lagos and initiated a lot of projects It is very unfair to call him a loser or to speak of Ambode's workload which hasn't even got to a quarter of Fashola's when he began the whole project of transforming Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by math2001: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
who told ambode that lagos is 50 year.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by Larrykaysail(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
unclezuma:
I don't believe any of it.

Fashola is working....
what has he done? Ambode is working
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by MrMaestro: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
TeamSimple:

Stop whose shine? Ambode and Apc in general rode on Fashola's performance in governance to win over people's heart.

Ambode was having a rough and not well attended campaign uptil the moment Fashola came in during his campaign at Agege..The crowd that came to see Fashola and support APC was overwhelming..

So please stop typing rubbish about fashola's government or Fashola himself..Without his performance Apc wouldn't b recognised.

Don't mind them. Some people here just don't like that our governors are doing so well. All of their governors are uneducated incompetent fools, so they attack our own governors to bring them down when it's crystal clear that our governors are on track in doing what needs to be fine.

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by potent5(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
mapet:

1. Name the cases he lost?
2. ....and they told you that the criteria to be a SAN is the number of "won cases"?

.......I tot we stopped breeding Nincompoops....
You are just like Fashola , your father - calling people names and leaving live issues. You either show your advocacy prowess through cases handled at all levels of superior courts of records or intellectual acuity as an academic. Which did he show as an exceptional lawyer to qualify as a SAN other than cronyism?

After leaving Alausa who still hears his name if he is that good or relevant? But there are several former governors without political office that we still hear about. e.g. Donald Duke, Orji Uzor, Tinubu, etc.

* Criteria as a word is a plural noun; you use plural verb for it.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by teamchocolate: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
That is not correct.. tinubu laid out the blueprint for both of them

Dotng:

Take it easy bro. Whatever Ambode is doing today, Fashola laid the foundation for it. Not only did fashola lay a good foundation he has already started the superstructure for the future of Lagos. What is just happening is the personal beef they have for each other.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by walcuts(m): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
That look on ambode's face be like....Between me and U,quarrel just start o...lwkm
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mapet: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:

You are just like Fashola , your father - calling people names and leaving live issues. You either show your advocacy prowess through cases handled at all levels of superior courts of records or intellectual acuity as an academic. Which did he show as an exceptional lawyer to qualify as a SAN other than cronyism?

1. I would rather be prouder to have a Fashola as a father than to have an intellectual misfit like you as a son. One would have expected a rational step of google search to understand a process than give yourself away as lacking in substance
2. ...and I assume you got this your concocted criteria is from the LEGAL PRACTITIONERS ACT of Cambodia?
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by potent5(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
mapet:

1. I would rather be prouder to have a Fashola as a father than to have an intellectual misfit like you as a son. One would have expected a rational step of google search to understand a process than give yourself away as lacking in substance
2. ...and I assume you got this your concocted criteria is from the LEGAL PRACTITIONERS ACT of Cambodia?
hahaha. You're so funny. Now I know why you have been blind, and almost rabid, in your support of Fash; you want him to adopt you as a son. FYM! My brother, wishes are not horses, okay?

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by mapet: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
potent5:

hahaha. You're so funny. Now I know why you have been blind, and almost rabid, in your support of Fash; you want him to adopt you as a son. FYM! My brother, wishes are not horses, okay?

That idiocy is written all over you is not in doubt, unfortunately comprehension deficit magnets you easily, so I will not border..........

But don't try to run away from the issue at hand (I know you will shamelessly pretend you can process). Confirm you assertion again and back it up with relevant reference. Is the [b]"number of cases a lawyer has won or lost" [/b]the condition precedent of being made a SAN?

Answer the question!!!
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by deomelo: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
TexasR:

Are you the only person that is yet to know that Fashola hates Ambode's guts and would do anything to stop his shine With Ambode's fantastic work rate so far,[b]he has shown that Fashola was nothing more than a glorified horticulturist governor,[/b]he was only busy planting flowers here and there and taking the work of traffic police by jumping into the road to arrest military officers driving on BRT lane.What an asswipe

You obviously don't know anything about Fashola.

In Fashola's first 2 years, he was commissioning multiple projects every week from water works, to power plants, schools, roads, bridges, maternity centers, housing estates, skill centers, drivers institutes, water works and so on.

Fashola is still the most accomplished governor in the history of Nigeria and with the way Ambode is going, 8 years of Ambode can not surpass Fashola's first 4 years.

While your lazy and corrupt heroes struggled and still couldn't build common 2nd Niger Bridge after 30 years, Fashola built the best bridge Lekki Ikoyi bridge in less than 3 years.

By Lagos standard, Ambode is actually slow, very behind and failing.

Stop hating

1 Like

Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by greatcrown: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
What is Ambode's problem?

Has he finished resurfacing or tarring all Lagos state roads?

Ambode should come and attend to all the roads in Egan, Lagos state and leave airport road alone.

Let Ambode focus on his state and leave federal alone at least for now
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by deomelo: 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
greatcrown:

Ambode should come and attend to all the roads in Egan, Lagos state and leave airport road alone.

My sentiments.

I just wonder why he's going after Fashola and crying over FG roads and responsibilities when many and more important roads and responsibilities are begging for his attention.

Is Fashola the reason why he's failing and under performing too?

The man gets very irritating sometimes.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by rasputinn(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
greatcrown:

Ambode has within 18 months surpassed Fashola 8 years achievement. In any case, Fashola only tried for 4 years, after that he got distracted and appeared to be only interested in building a political family to fight his godfather Tinubu, his pocket and was consumed with the ambition to foist certain candidates on his party
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by potent5(m): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
mapet:

That idiocy is written all over you is not in doubt, unfortunately comprehension deficit magnets you easily, so I will not border..........

But don't try to run away from the issue at hand (I know you will shamelessly pretend you can process). Confirm you assertion again and back it up with relevant reference. Is the [b]"number of cases a lawyer has won or lost" [/b]the condition precedent of being made a SAN?

Answer the question!!!
There are two categories of lawyers who can be made SANs: law lecturers like Osinbajo SAN or lawyers who do advocacy in court like Akpamgbo SAN. There is no middle to the best of my knowledge. Fashola was not a law lecturer, so he belongs to the latter group (lawyers involved in courtroom advocacy). At the last time I checked, to qualify as a candidate for SAN a lawyer engaged in courtroom advocacy must have about four judgements on cases handled at the supreme Court (lost or won), judgements on several cases at the Court of Appeal and numerous at the High Court.
I have access to thousands of cases decided before Fashola became a SAN but I haven't come across decisions where it's said that Fashola appeared for an Appellant or Respondent.
Pls if you've seen any pls refer me.

Being a SAN is no child's play. That's why someone like Osinbajo stands out wherever he goes; he's known for his intellectual exploits and not necessarily as a VP. But what is Fashola known for other than as an ex-gov? What outstanding things did he do as an ordinary lawyer before he became a SAN.
Now, assuming, without conceding, that there is any other criterion for SANship in which Fashola was outstanding as a lawyer, pls let us know and stop being a child.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by rasputinn(m): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
TexasR:

You are a good student of history and I agree with you intoto. In fact I'm baffled that people still have the audacity to compare the minister of darkness with the high flying and super performing Ambode.
Re: Fashola’s Ministry Frustrating Us, Says Ambode by rasputinn(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
deomelo:

You obviously don't know anything about Fashola.

In Fashola's first 2 years, he was commissioning multiple projects every week from water works, to power plants, schools, roads, bridges, maternity centers, housing estates, skill centers, drivers institutes, water works and so on.

Fashola is still the most accomplished governor in the history of Nigeria and with the way Ambode is going, 8 years of Ambode can not surpass Fashola's first 4 years.

While your lazy and corrupt heroes struggled and still couldn't build common 2nd Niger Bridge after 30 years, Fashola built the best bridge Lekki Ikoyi bridge in less than 3 years.

By Lagos standard, Ambode is actually slow, very behind and failing.

Stop hating

No.You should stop hating on Ambode
Fashola is a failed minister, so he should allow achievers help him do the job he does not know how to do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Soludo Hosts The Ooni Of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi (Pictures) / Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract / Support For Buhari: Aggrieved Reps Revolt Against Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.