Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,315 members, 7,839,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria (26981 Views)

Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says / FG Worried As ICC Steps Up Investigations Against Nigeria / 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Lordsocrates: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2017
Close down our borders, lock down evrywhere, what kind of a sabotage is this..
China had to go solo, to get to whr it is now, to get to being economically independent, we've got to take after them
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Amoto94(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2017
EasternActivist:
I thought Nigeria can stand on their own and they don't need any external factor...

See as the perceived small neighbor countries are using fare transparent policies to embarrass Nigeria.

Is Nigeria turning to a zoo?
Ask Onikuje of Kuje Prison.
Hate filled dweeb
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2017
I blame it squarely on Nigerian government. At a time when neighboring countries are taking advantage of our porous boarders and huge market, the first thing this new custom boss did was to skyrocket the import duty to about 70% of cost of importing vehicles that's like the most expensive import duty all over the world. Then followed by closing import through land boarders.
If you want to encourage import through official means give incentives for those willing in to patronize Nigerian ports like reduced tarrifs, discounts and promos not by doing the opposite.
Then we need to show mushroom ECOWAS countries who is the boss. We need to find a way to call them to order. This is Nigeria for God's sake, the USA of Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2017
This' as a result of the policies of the dumb leaders we have in this country.You want to be a leader without a clue of governance and good policies that will have a positive impact in the lives of people you lead.

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Lilyomi2: 9:50am On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
I live and work in Ghana as an importer of goods in to the country. all this write up is a lie. import duty in Ghana is very high, i import goods 2 or 3 times a week. the only good thing about the business is that things are very cost here and the currency is favouring Nigerians 1cedis 107naira. if not the import business in Ghana can send one to hell.
I know what u said is very true. must I say the op is lying in Ghana's case, people will insult me without knowing the truth. What is up there is a lie! last time I checked, Togo rather has the free port stuff.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by adecz: 9:54am On Mar 09, 2017
Under Buhari, every thing is always by force, no reasoning or negotiations. This is a democracy not military rule. Is comptroller of customs above the law?

Under Buhari, retroactive laws are always applied, eg
the current car Import Duty deadline, whether you got you car ten years ago, it still affects you.

Under Buhari, suffering is always the lot of citizens..

3 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by effty(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2017
sarrki:
Observing
You have to observe because you don't understand anything up there except to shout "Sai Baba" or spite Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 09, 2017
Lilyomi2:
I know what u said is very true. must I say the op is lying in Ghana's case, people will insult me without knowing the truth. What is up there is a lie! last time I checked, Togo rather has the free port stuff.
on point bro. i forgot to write about TOGO. ever wonder why Dangote dont bring his cement to ghana by road direct from lagos? so simple. Lagos to togo free port policy. Togo operate free port Policy after ship the cement from lagos to Togo then he will use his more than 400 trucks to convey them to Ghana from Togo. OP why na? grin

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by IleIfeMassacre: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2017
ABOKI9ja:
your mother, your father, and rest of your family members are animal this is why your thought is like that of animal. How can you dare to call Nigeria a Zoo? Ohhh yeah I guess you come from. You are from that cri*****l tribe

Shut up there, naijiriya is a zoo, little tiny countries are dealing with us economically,,,,

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by olaboy1: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2017
Same Naija govt that inflate cost of projects by almost 300% compared to same projects here in Europe, and Naija own is even Chinese standard...how on earth will I take them serious.
Let them automate custom and introduce 3D biometric verifications for importers and exporters after all the ECOWAS passport was created for simplicity within the WA region.
Install object oriented surveillance equipment in the so called Owode and Idi-Iroko, with a team effort of the Nigerian custom and a special border force Navy equipped with at least one armored helicopter, we can secure our borders not just against contraband goods but against importation of dangerous weapons.
If those thieves don't inflate the cost of these projects, then in the long run We should see a big jump in our NCS revenue.

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Pavarottii(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2017
koladebrainiac:
this is a bad development for our economy.

all i am seeing is Ipob rejoicing that this bad news is coming

no wahala shebu these guys are flaunting cimmon ecowas treaty rules- same way Nigeria will continue to disregard Ecowas rule on Nnamdi Kanu.
lol
its settled now. abi
So Nnamdi Kanu is more of a problem to u than the country's economy?

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by ashatoda: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2017
it is absolutely nonsense to be complaining. when you sign agreement with someone and he breaches it you have the right to pull out off the agreement. Nigeria should simply do so you will see these nation's cowering in fear

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Teel012(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2017
Question: Is it that they don't make enough money at d border or the money is always mismanaged, cos I have examples of border junior custom officers who spend without a care in d world and some senior ones who have choice mansions in other countries with their kids schooling abroad. Family trips abroad every holiday. Can their salaries alone as a civil servant afford such luxuries? don't forget that we have cases of gifts for tacit approval for importation of some things as well. So, don't let us blame the neighbouring countries alone. We need to change some policies, and monitor borders better, preferably with hidden cameras at notorious smuggling areas, this will check d excesses of the border customs officials and illegal importation.

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 09, 2017
EazyMoh:
I blame it squarely on Nigerian government. At a time when neighboring countries are taking advantage of our porous boarders and huge market, the first thing this new custom boss did was to skyrocket the import duty to about 70% of cost of importing vehicles that's like the most expensive import duty all over the world. Then followed by closing import through land boarders.
If you want to encourage import through official means give incentives for those willing in to patronize Nigerian ports like reduced tarrifs, discounts and promos not by doing the opposite.
Then we need to show mushroom ECOWAS countries who is the boss. We need to find a way to call them to order. This is Nigeria for God's sake, the USA of Africa.
Terrible bussiness sense, the man is as dumb as a pile of bricks
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2017
Let's be frank pls, what re we benefiting from West Africa or ECOWAS?

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Caseless: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2017
EasternActivist:
I thought Nigeria can stand on their own and they don't need any external factor...

See as the perceived small neighbor countries are using fare transparent policies to embarrass Nigeria.

Is Nigeria turning to a zoo?
shut da fvck up.

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Let's be frank pls, what re we benefiting from West Africa or ECOWAS?
you want neigbouring countries to buy the goods you produce dont u, dont epect to close borders, disregard court orders and expect others toi buy your oods and services.use ur head for once
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by clickwtB(m): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2017
ki02020:

you call that action from the neighbouring countries fair?
...I must admit you're a disgrace to the nation
He is a betrayer of his nation,May GOD also do the same to him!!!
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by subsurface: 11:23am On Mar 09, 2017
Ntipia:
Na uncle Bubu cause am

bros i dont agree with u thats its bubu fault... its the fault of us trying to form the father of west Africa & big brother other Africans..

same thing with the USA; and part of the reasons why Trump won was because he campaigned greatly against it.

from my studies we dont need other west African countries to survive economically...

if we can enforce good & strong border checks all around the country then u will see more companies opening factories in Nigeria instead of going to other western africa countries & smuggle the finished goods into Nigeria because of one funny Ecowas treaty..

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2017
agongajoseph:
Nigeria is a ffucked up country
ffucked up by your ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by InvestinOwerri(m): 11:41am On Mar 09, 2017
Everything in this failed and Godforsaken country is in total disarray, disrepair, ruins and confusion! How can we continue managing a failed contraption? Are we born to suffer? Why do we have to beg and grovel for what is taking for granted in sane climes? Must we continue like this till infinity? I NEED ANSWERS PLS!!!
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
ffucked up by your ineffectual buffoon
you voted APC in, so bear it
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2017
Lordsocrates:
Close down our borders, lock down evrywhere, what kind of a sabotage is this..
China had to go solo, to get to whr it is now, to get to being economically independent, we've got to take after them
and you think ipods wil be happy for your closing and locking down of border, and this is the main reason they all hate buhari till tomoro, even to the extent of wishing him dead.
As i always said,
Ipods are the major problem of nigeia

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Originalsly: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2017
Makes no sense to blame the neighbouring countries. Is rebranding origin of goods a policy by these governments? The problem is our porous borders and lack of enforcement at the POE. As they know the goods are rebranded.... or cars should be in transit.... what are they doing about that? That's what they should be addressing... not trying to shift blame for their incompetence.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2017
agongajoseph:
you voted APC in, so bear it
we are already on it.
The abnormalities will be treated.
You ipods can see that ineffectual buffoon really mess up this country

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
ehie:
Terrible bussiness sense, the man is as dumb as a pile of bricks
Lol, well, whats most disturbing is that all those around him can't come up with the proper solution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nse Ntuen Attends Akpabio’s 56th Birthday With Plaster On His Head / Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu: Uproar In Senate Over Murder In South Africa / Photos: President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.