Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,154 members, 7,838,943 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria (26980 Views)

Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says / FG Worried As ICC Steps Up Investigations Against Nigeria / 300% Hike In Aedc Tariffs Prepaid Meter. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
ehie:
you want neigbouring countries to buy the goods you produce dont u, dont epect to close borders, disregard court orders and expect others toi buy your oods and services.use ur head for once
I think u may be quoted the wrong guy. But if ve not, pls don't quote me unless u ready to answer the question i asked.
Don't Ve time for lame criticism.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by koladebrainiac(m): 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pavarottii:
So Nnamdi Kanu is more of a problem to u than the country's economy?
yes Nnamdi kanu is constituting nuisance to our society. a distraction
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by koladebrainiac(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pavarottii:
So Nnamdi Kanu is more of a problem to u than the country's economy?

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
I think u may be quoted the wrong guy. But if ve not, pls don't quote me unless u ready to answer the question i asked.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
I think u may be quoted the wrong guy. But if ve not, pls don't quote me unless u ready to answer the quest.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by AreaFada2: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
ShitHead:
I thought we're the giant of Africa? Ordinary Benin and Ghana? I see...

If a giant is crippled, even a mouse can climb over it and play with its balls, eyes or any body part.
Due to poor leadership & focus on ethnicity/religion, we are led by the blind frequently.

Nigeria is rudderless & doesn't know what it is doing.

So more intelligent nearby govts are exploiting our stupidity.

With our population, all want a share of our market, even if they have to go through the back door.

Same way our subsidised imported petrol has been ending up in neighbouring countries for years.

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
Sigh you guys never fail to disappoint me. Free trade has it benefits but African countries seem to be protectionis in nature. A quick run down on benefits of free trade, lower cost goods for consumers, increased exports, more employment in certain sector, wage growth in export dependant jobs, international good will, increasing competition raising standards of goods, more foreign investment.

ECOWAS bearly trades wit eachother because tariffs and infastrure. We should be trying to increase our presence instead of running away. If economic hegemony is final goal. The biggest exporters in block are currently Nigeria Ghana and Ivory Coast.

2 Likes

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by heysquare(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
may be nigeria should exits ecowas too just like Britain exits europian union. #NIGExit
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by bonna4u(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
Nigerian's greatest undoing is corruption and extortion of importers at the ports by custom officials. The comptroller general and his boys know that if they creat a transparent, anticorruption and anti-extortion atmosphere at the ports, most of these goods would stop being diverted to neighboring countries and later smuggled into Nigeria.
They should do the needful but I doubt their greed will let them start conducting their transaction in respecful manner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Daewang: 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
EasternActivist:
I thought Nigeria can stand on their own and they don't need any external factor...

See as the perceived small neighbor countries are using fare transparent policies to embarrass Nigeria.

Is Nigeria turning to a zoo?
U dey wicked o grin

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by solesy: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
I live and work in Ghana as an importer of goods in to the country. all this write up is a lie. import duty in Ghana is very high, i import goods 2 or 3 times a week. the only good thing about the business is that things are very cost here and the currency is favouring Nigerians 1cedis 107naira. if not the import business in Ghana can send one to hell.
am in also pls wat do u import
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by 360command: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
I live and work in Ghana as an importer of goods in to the country. all this write up is a lie. import duty in Ghana is very high, i import goods 2 or 3 times a week. the only good thing about the business is that things are very cost here and the currency is favouring Nigerians 1cedis 107naira. if not the import business in Ghana can send one to hell.
you are right. it makes me wonder why consumable goods are expensive in Ghana. sometimes, I respect those Ghanaians as they are able to meet up with such cost. buying cars in GH is very high even fueling that car is high. I wonder how some meet up with the cost with their low salary structure.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by ki02020(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
clickwtB:
He is a betrayer of his nation,May GOD also do the same to him!!!

yes ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Just30: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
360command:
you are right. it makes me wonder why consumable goods are expensive in Ghana. sometimes, I respect those Ghanaians as they are able to meet up with such cost. buying cars in GH is very high even fueling that car is high. I wonder how some meet up with the cost with their low salary structure.
Most Ghanaians hardly depend on their salary for a living because they make a lot more money from other sources like the banks and their own private businesses.
By the time you realize, they are already building a mansion.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by robotix: 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
you import from Nigeria into Ghana?
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
360command:
we dont have choice lol than to buy it. lagos to accra by bus. 13,500naira. accra to lagos 240ghs. 24k naira. same bus same time same station even same day lol. 3.65ghs per litre of fuel. 360naira per litre. wetin we wan do life is much easier here sha,
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
robotix:
you import from Nigeria into Ghana?
sometimes but my main import countries are USA AND CHINA. china suspended for now tho. but focused on USA NOW.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
solesy:
am in also pls wat do u import
WEARS AND ELECTRONICS.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
agongajoseph:
Nigeria is a ffucked up country
den u are the offspring of a bleeped up country
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by 360command: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Just30:
Most Ghanaians hardly depend on their salary for a living because they make a lot more money from other sources like the banks and their own private businesses.
By the time you realize, they are already building a mansion.
I disagree with you. a few create a business and make profit from it..
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by 360command: 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
sometimes but my main import countries are USA AND CHINA. china suspended for now tho. but focused on USA NOW.
you must have invested heavy in the business. thanks for the info provided.

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Just30: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
360command:
I disagree with you. a few create a business and make profit from it..
barbers turn to make more money in a montg than my high school teacher used to make in a month
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by grandstar(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
Nigeria is a disgrace.

The CET external tariffs are too high in the first place. Our industries are so uncompetitive hence wingeing and whining at every import coming through

For Nigerian companies to become competitive, lending rates have to crash to single digits. With cheap credits, Nigerian companies can borrow .massively to import world class machines that will make them competitive.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
360command:
you must have invested heavy in the business. thanks for the info provided.
well wer trying bro. this is one of the few businesses u can do here.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by solesy: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
smartmey61:
WEARS AND ELECTRONICS.
owk. My mum export drink, but she has stop for now wat she does now is to buy from exporter. That was why i wanted to no wat u're in to.. But i deal on wears.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
solesy:
owk. My mum export drink, but she has stop for now wat she does now is to buy from exporter. That was why i wanted to no wat u're in to.. But i deal on wears.
oh thats very good. so u base here or in naija? wears was my first biz striaght outta naija, buy now getting them from yankee and other stuff.
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Haddock(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
bettercreature:
Shut up jare! Let him talk
Are you sane?
Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by solesy: 12:19am On Mar 10, 2017
smartmey61:
oh thats very good. so u base here or in naija? wears was my first biz striaght outta naija, buy now getting them from yankee and other stuff.
wow. Yes am base in ghana

1 Like

Re: Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2017
solesy:
wow. Yes am base in ghana
Thats good bro. im in TAKORADI Western Region the River state of Ghana. u need to see and feel my region lol. so true they say best things are from the west lol. Cocoa, , Gold, TIN AND CO, MAGNSM, TIMBER, OCEAN, SEAPORT, AIPORT, WELL ORGANISED CITY AND TOWNS, HARBOUR, AND LOTS MORE. WELCOME TO THE WEST, BY THE WAY Ivory coast is a few miles away. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abubakar Magaji Takes Responsibility For Maina’s Reinstatement / Reno Omokri Fires Back At Oshiomhole: 'You Can’t Put Jonathan In A Hole!'(pic) / Nse Ntuen Attends Akpabio’s 56th Birthday With Plaster On His Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.