Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? (827 Views)

Who Rain Down These Brimstone On Sodom And Gomorrah? / MFM Under Fire Over Its ‘cure’ For Homosexuality / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Mowoe(m): 8:03am On Mar 09, 2017
From the story if Sodom and Gomorrah recorded in Genesis 18-19, many theistic folks(like me) have argued that the two cities were destroyed for Homosexuality; hence, sodomy is used to refer to homosexuality, but how true is this claim?

If we begin from Genesis 18:20-21 20. Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

After this we see where God revealed to Abraham his intention to destroy the lands of Sodom and Gomorrah for their wickedness, however, he agreed in verse 32 not to destroy the cities on Account that he finds 10 righteous persons at the request of Abraham.

The above shows that God already intended to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if he confirmed the outcries against the cities. Hence, the proceeding verses only confirmed that the cities were as corrupt as they were thought to be, and ten righteous men could not be found in them, which led to their destruction. However, lot and his house was spared for Lot's hospitality.
Ezekiel 15:49-50 says "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me.
As seen in the above scripture, the people of Sodom and Gomorrah had all these characteristics which was not found in Lot, hence they spared him.

As we've now seen, contrary to popular belief, the People of Sodom and Gomorrah would have been destroyed even if they didn't hesitate on "raping" Lot's guests and had his virgin daughters instead, as this also would have confirmed that they really did evil.

From the above, I can infer that Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed for homosexuality precisely, but for their evils generally.
However, I am open to new thoughts. So let's share our positions.
Thanks

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc mynd44

1 Like

Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by orisa37: 8:35am On Mar 09, 2017
They broke all laws of civilized living. It can happen to Nigeria if corruption persists and there's no concerted effort to wipe out Biafra, Bokoharam, Fulani Herdsmen, Magu, the 16 APC Governors just found by Trump to have looted us to U.S. etcetera.
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 09, 2017
An objective unbiased look at the historical/archaeological facts shows that Genesis was composed by Moses around 1430 BCE during the exodus under the direction and dictation of Yahweh, and the Yahweh entity (i.e., “God”) is none other than the reptilian (lizard) race that seeks the total extinction of humanity.

You can read a lot of the facts in Zecharia Sitchin’s books. Unfortunately Sitchin himself is not exactly objective and unbiased here, as he is a Yahwist, but if you look past Sitchin’s sympathy to Yahweh and consider the raw facts he starts from, it all becomes clear.

Let us start with the nuclear holocaust of 2024 BCE. It is an undisputable historical fact. You don’t have to take my word: look at the satellite photographs of the huge black scar in the face of the Earth, go to the Sinai peninsula and look at the heat-blackened stones, go to the Dead Sea with a radiometer and take the radioactivity readings for yourself, read the ancient Sumerian lamentation texts describing death in the air from the radioactive cloud, or take a look at the completely independent weather study showing an abrupt climate change consistent with a nuclear fallout precisely in 2024 BCE.

What does this have to do with Yahweh? Well, a lot, because this whole affair is well-documented in Genesis and credited to him. It is the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, the precursors to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Sumerian texts leave no doubt that the ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) that dropped nuclear warheads on Sodom and Gomorrah were launched from Africa and belonged to the Anunnaki. But just because the missiles were made by the Anunnaki does not by itself mean anything, the question remains of who pushed the button.

The Bible says that it was Yahweh who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, so if you are going to accept the Bible as literal truth you have to accept this bit too:

As it turns out, two factions of the Anunnaki were disputing the control of the spaceport, and allegedly one faction had to nuke it in order for it not to fall into the hands of the other. But what about the 5 cities, none of which were located in the spaceport restricted zone itself? The Sumerian sources indicate that the residents of the 5 destroyed cities, including Sodom and Gomorrah, were completely innocent and not guilty of any of the crimes the latter two are charged with in the Bible.

According to the Sumerian sources their only guilt was that they were harboring someone named Nabu, son of Anunnaki leader Marduk whom the other faction wanted to assassinate so badly that they didn’t care how many innocent civilians they would kill as “acceptable collateral damage”. And so all 5 cities were nuked.

1 Like

Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by petrov10: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2017
Zoharariel:
An objective unbiased look at the historical/archaeological facts shows that Genesis was composed by Moses around 1430 BCE during the exodus under the direction and dictation of Yahweh, and the Yahweh entity (i.e., “God”) is none other than the reptilian (lizard) race that seeks the total extinction of humanity.

You can read a lot of the facts in Zecharia Sitchin’s books. Unfortunately Sitchin himself is not exactly objective and unbiased here, as he is a Yahwist, but if you look past Sitchin’s sympathy to Yahweh and consider the raw facts he starts from, it all becomes clear.

Let us start with the nuclear holocaust of 2024 BCE. It is an undisputable historical fact. You don’t have to take my word: look at the satellite photographs of the huge black scar in the face of the Earth, go to the Sinai peninsula and look at the heat-blackened stones, go to the Dead Sea with a radiometer and take the radioactivity readings for yourself, read the ancient Sumerian lamentation texts describing death in the air from the radioactive cloud, or take a look at the completely independent weather study showing an abrupt climate change consistent with a nuclear fallout precisely in 2024 BCE.

What does this have to do with Yahweh? Well, a lot, because this whole affair is well-documented in Genesis and credited to him. It is the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, the precursors to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Sumerian texts leave no doubt that the ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) that dropped nuclear warheads on Sodom and Gomorrah were launched from Africa and belonged to the Anunnaki. But just because the missiles were made by the Anunnaki does not by itself mean anything, the question remains of who pushed the button.

The Bible says that it was Yahweh who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, so if you are going to accept the Bible as literal truth you have to accept this bit too:

As it turns out, two factions of the Anunnaki were disputing the control of the spaceport, and allegedly one faction had to nuke it in order for it not to fall into the hands of the other. But what about the 5 cities, none of which were located in the spaceport restricted zone itself? The Sumerian sources indicate that the residents of the 5 destroyed cities, including Sodom and Gomorrah, were completely innocent and not guilty of any of the crimes the latter two are charged with in the Bible.

According to the Sumerian sources their only guilt was that they were harboring someone named Nabu, son of Anunnaki leader Marduk whom the other faction wanted to assassinate so badly that they didn’t care how many innocent civilians they would kill as “acceptable collateral damage”. And so all 5 cities were nuked.
zohariel re you a Christian?
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Mowoe(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2017
petrov10:

I tire o
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Sodom and Gomorrah obviously had a sexual deviancy issue...(Gen. 19: 1-11), however that was NOT the only reason it was destroyed.

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

"And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."

Ezekiel 16: 49-50
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
petrov10:

No my friend. My religion is common sense and the irunmoles are my guardians. grin

Any other question?
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by petrov10: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
Zoharariel:

No my friend. My religion is common sense and the irunmoles are my guardians. grin

Any other question?
re u on any social media would like to chat with you well
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
petrov10:
re u on any social media would like to chat with you well

No, I'm not. Aside smoking my newfound Chesterfield Mint, trolling & kicking asses on Nairaland is my 2nd hobby. grin
Re: Was Sodom And Gomorrah Destroyed For Homosexuality? by petrov10: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2017
Zoharariel:

No, I'm not. Aside smoking my newfound Chesterfield Mint, trolling & kicking asses on Nairaland is my 2nd hobby. grin
that tin causes cancer you know right?

(1) (Reply)

Correlation Between Islam And Human Rights Abuses. / Why do youths die these days? / Let's Talk NEPHILLIMS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.