Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing (504 Views)

China Warns Britain That Beijing Will 'Strike Back If UK Steps Out Of Line' / Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) / Washington Under Lockdown Ahead Of Trump's Presidential Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by Sipcyp(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2017
The United States rejected Wednesday a compromise proposed by China to resume international discussions with North Korea, accusing Pyongyang who has just made new missile shots to behave irrationally.

Beijing, the main ally, and protector of the North Korean regime have proposed that the North suspend its nuclear program in exchange for the cessation of military maneuvers launched by the United States in South Korea in order to avoid a "collision" between The two Koreas.

But North Korea and its leader Kim Jong-Un have irrational behavior, incompatible with diplomacy, argued the American ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley and the State Department. For Ms. Haley, Kim Jong-Un is a "person who does not act rationally, who does not think clearly": "If it were any other country, we would discuss it and it would not be a problem."

"North Korea's behavior is not rational," US diplomatic spokesman Mark Toner said.

Click on the link below to read the whole story

http://www.sipcypriannewsalive.com/2017/03/north-korea-washington-rejects.html

Re: North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2017
Looking forward to a showdown between trump and Kim Jung un grin
Re: North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by nicolosam(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2017
Any show down in form of combat isn't an option because of the destructive capabilities of North Korea. However, pressure and other soft power can be use to compel North Korea to act rationally to some extent.
Re: North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by cstr55: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
lofty900:
Looking forward to a showdown between trump and Kim Jung un grin
There would be only one winner.
Re: North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
cstr55:

There would be only one winner.

In a nuclear war, my terrorist priend, the cockroaches & the soldier ants will be the only winner. grin

1 Like

Re: North Korea: Washington Rejects Compromise Proposed By Beijing by cstr55: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
Zoharariel:

In a nuclear war, my terrorist priend, the cockroaches & the soldier ants will be the only winner. grin
If you believe a US nuclear war with North korea has no clear winner, then you are truly more deluded than I gave you credit for.
And don't ever call me a terrorist, you Russophilic scum.

(1) (Reply)

I Believed I Was A Liberal Until About 3 Days Ago / Breaking!!! Syrian Army And Hezbollah Have Reached Border With Iraq / [VIDEO] Poland President’s Wife Snubs Trump, Shakes Hands With Melania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.