Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,601 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

5k For Anyone That Do This - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5k For Anyone That Do This (6002 Views)

Mtn 5k For 45gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Samyj247: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
I am having same problem with my lenovo. op pls in case u sort it out let me kno
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Osasnidas(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
Stable 3G signal is based on network and location. mine is airtel.. its always on H+ anytime any day anywhere.. download mtk engineering mode to know if your phone is mediatek(same chipset used by tecno n infinix) if it is. good your phones problem is 1/2 solved. follow the screenshot. 1st screenshot click on network selecting 2nd select your preferred network mode.. wcdma only to be precise this should fix the problem

Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
Osasnidas:
Stable 3G signal is based on network and location. mine is airtel.. its always on H+ anytime any day anywhere.. download mtk engineering mode to know if your phone is mediatek(same chipset used by tecno n infinix) if it is. good your phones problem is 1/2 solved. follow the screenshot. 1st screenshot click on network selecting 2nd select your preferred network mode.. wcdma only to be precise this should fix the problem
okay i'll try downloading it
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by zuby4real10(m): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
buy better phone u no agree. wch phone come be lenovo again?
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Clinton594(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
I have series of questions

Is the phone a dual SIM phone?

If it is?

Does either of the Sims have 3g signal at all.

What is actually the problem, is it that one Sim is permanently on 3g while the other is on 2g and it can't switch.

This will help me direct you, it's just a matter of tricky switch. Some MTK OEMS don't know the art of simple software design
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by maspero22(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2017
just do a system upgrade on the phone and have ur challenge sorted out. if u r in lag, visit computer village and run it. regards
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by oluwadubem: 12:24am On Mar 10, 2017
OP just like the image you show below that you don't have any option to switch either in 2g or 3g,I think the fault comes from lenovo company,is either they build the phone on permanent 2G or permanent 3G or make it automatic change,automatic change is whenever the network is good enuf the sim will migrate to 3G and bad network it migrate back to 2G,I don't think there is amount of flash or upgrade you will make to enable the phone have 3G/2G/3G&2G option even doh it you upgrade the os to another os and it worked it would be working perfectly owk unless you are bless with a fortune then it will work but I have not saw issue like this worked 100%.....so my advice is search for a niggah with low tech knowledge of mobile phone sell off the phone,if you wanna buy a phone that you don't know much about there flagship open your eye enter de fone wella b4 you pay,if is a phone with removable battery check about the warranty/network/camera most especially network even some smart phone will still come with 3G and 2G option when you try to switch it to another it will still refuse,all those fault is company fault and is hard to reversed it back,I have not saw this kind of fault in teckno/infinix b4,but know that blackberry/samsung/iphone have this kind of fault when you buy the refurbished ones.......

#peace#
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Dam5reey(m): 7:04am On Mar 10, 2017
Abeg what is the 3G band MTN uses

On 3G only my network no show anything

Somebody with MTK device should help with his own band mode page using MTK engineering mode

Seems band wcdma 1800 and 900 must be ticked

Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Dam5reey(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Osasnidas:

Abeg on show your bandmode page, its under same Telephony page
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Matrycx(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
...Hey Every Gurus here...
I have a lenovo A3800-d
i'm having a problem with it and i promise to reward anyone that helps me sort it out,

The phone doesn't show an option to change from 2g to 3g...
.as in the phone only shows E instead of H+ while browing, please it just fade the option to change from Edge to UMTS...as below....
bro u get luck, my frnd also has a lenovo, it has 3g and h+ bt data connection no dey on
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 10, 2017
Matrycx:

bro u get luck, my frnd also has a lenovo, it has 3g and h+ bt data connection no dey on
that one can be sorted out
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Osasnidas(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Dam5reey:

Abeg on show your bandmode page, its under same Telephony page
band mode Ist screenshot is sim 1 with 3G connection second is sim 2 with just 2G/EDGE

Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Dam5reey(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Osasnidas:
band mode Ist screenshot is sim 1 with 3G connection second is sim 2 with just 2G/EDGE

My phone even supports more band for 3G.. This has to do with software, it was working before
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Matrycx(m): 10:29am On Mar 10, 2017
ugohemma:
that one can be sorted out
wow bro abeg hw can i go about it
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by abayomi93(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello my own lenovo a3800 shows double E. Abig E and a small e when I am browsing. what does that mean?
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Dam5reey(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
abayomi93:
Hello my own lenovo a3800 shows double E. Abig E and a small e when I am browsing. what does that mean?

Is that an issue grin
Small e means you are using data..

Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Osasnidas(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
abayomi93:
Big E means Edge.. that is the standby mode. the smaller E means u are connected and using data
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 27, 2017
I think i know why lenovo A3800 d shows only edge in naija, it because the phone was meant to be sold in China Alone, Chine banned google and the rest. so the phone is useless outside china
Re: 5k For Anyone That Do This by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 27, 2017
add money to the 5k and get a better phone. Goodluck!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... / Airtel Plans To Block Android Users From Using Bis / Glo Network Is Finally Back (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.