Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,760 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... (5991 Views)

In Need Of An Android Phone...any One / TECNO W3: Was Unable To Root The Phone, Any Help / USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good day people, i saw someone connecting otg cable to his phone and then to a ps3 pad, i was suprise cos he was play a game on his phone with the ps3 pad, he even told me it also work with a mouse, keyboard, flashdrive, usb diskdrive and anytin related to USB,

this made me rush to d market to get mine, i tried using it on my phone wen i got home, but it didn't work on my phone (motorola droid razor), i don't know why, i even tried using dat guy's own, bt still didn't work,

pls do i need any settings on my phone before it works.

Thanks in advance.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by obisite: 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
tonyflash43:
Good day people, i saw someone connecting otg cable to his phone and then to a ps3 pad, i was suprise cos he was play a game on his phone with the ps3 pad, he even told me it also work with a mouse, keyboard, flashdrive, usb diskdrive and anytin related to USB,

this made me rush to d market to get mine, i tried using it on my phone wen i got home, but it didn't work on my phone (motorola droid razor), i don't know why, i even tried using dat guy's own, bt still didn't work,

pls do i need any settings on my phone before it works.

Thanks in advance.

Not all Android is otg cable applicable to... Please, where did you get the otg drive... Thanks
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by emeraldknytt(m): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Op, just as obisite has stressed out; your phone has to support the feature before phone can recognise an OTG connection. If you don't mind the time it's gonna cost you, you can easily Google your phone specs from notable websites like gsmarena, phonearena and anyother related websites on your screen. It may be written as USB host or USB charging it does the same as feature. I have OTG cables for sale however I am only opening this offer to Ibadan residents only.

Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by klinro(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oga OP, not all Android phones are OTG compatible. Hence i am happy my itel 1556 big battery phone is one of the few that has OTG ability and i use it to charge my other devices
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
klinro:
Oga OP, not all Android phones are OTG compatible. Hence i am happy my itel 1556 big battery phone is one of the few that has OTG ability and i use it to charge my other devices

ok tanks bt it must work by fire by force
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by gentlegenius(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
My phone supports OTG but anytime I use it, all I got is charging. It doesn't do any other thing than charging the device I connect to it. Before, I can use it to transfer stuffs from my phone to another device and lots more but now, all it can do is charging.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Whizpeter(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
gentlegenius:
My phone supports OTG but anytime I use it, all I got is charging. It doesn't do any other thing than charging the device I connect to it. Before, I can use it to transfer stuffs from my phone to another device and lots more but now, all it can do is charging.

Change your charging port.. That's the culprit..

This suggestion is based purely on the assumption that you must have tried a different OTG cable!
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
gentlegenius:

u are even lucky self, atleast its working on ur fone
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
I tink i know y its not working on my fone, i just browsed through motorola site and i found out dat otg works only wen u've updated ur moto system, i tink mine is not updated, will update it now. grin
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
obisite:

Not all Android is otg cable applicable to... Please, where did you get the otg drive... Thanks

ok, got it from a local store in my street.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by gentlegenius(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
Whizpeter:

Change your charging port.. That's the culprit..

This suggestion is based purely on the assumption that you must have tried a different OTG cable!
Yes of course, I've tried a different OTG cable but it doesn’t recognise other devices. All it does is charging them. But the charging port is working perfectly so why should I change it?
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by obisite: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
tonyflash43:

ok, got it from a local store in my street.

Alright

.. Tey getting in Ikeja,, can't find...
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Whizpeter(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
gentlegenius:

Yes of course, I've tried a different OTG cable but it doesn’t recognise other devices. All it does is charging them. But the charging port is working perfectly so why should I change it?

The charging port can't transfer data any longer, its only charging and that's where it ends... Try connecting your phone to a PC and see if you can access the phone via the PC... If no, then you have to ultimately change the charging port!!!

I still maintain that its a charging port issue, I've been there before!!
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 12:08am On Sep 15, 2016
Whizpeter:

The charging port can't transfer data any longer, its only charging and that's where it ends... Try connecting your phone to a PC and see if you can access the phone via the PC... If no, then you have to ultimately change the charging port!!!

yeah i agree with u, he should try connecting it to a pc
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by gentlegenius(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2016
Whizpeter:

I can see that you are speaking from experience. But I've already tried connecting the phone to PC. It charged and still transfer & receive files from the PC.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2016
I just found out dat my fone support otg, bt its still nt working
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by obisite: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
tonyflash43:

Try the otg cable with another phone that supports otg
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Dandsome: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oga, get a Tecno L8 or the L8+. Its even comes with ts own OTG

However, you need to understand that not all phones can read the OTG cable
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by investigator007: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
tonyflash43:

How did you verify that your phone supports it?
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tafat: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

Very easy. make sure the phone you are using is OTG compatible
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by jerrysense: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2016
obisite:

Try the otg cable with another phone that supports otg
First and foremost.. ..before other treatments grin
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
investigator007:

How did you verify that your phone supports it?

i downloaded otg checker app
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Paramount01(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
From play store
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Paramount01(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
tonyflash43:

From play store?
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Paramount01:

From play store?

yeah from playstop
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Toyorsih(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
gentlegenius:

I can see that you are speaking from experience. But I've already tried connecting the phone to PC. It charged and still transfer & receive files from the PC.

I guess you are using gionee m2....... if am right, then don't bother touching your charging port cos the otg feature is only for charging other phones not to read external drive
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 8:03am On Sep 18, 2016
Toyorsih:

I guess you are using gionee m2....... if am right, then don't bother touching your charging port cos the otg feature is only for charging other phones not to read external drive

i tink its readable if u download stickmount and es explorer,

i tink, no be say i know ooo.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by gentlegenius(m): 11:55am On Sep 18, 2016
Toyorsih:

I'm using Tecno L5. The OTG has been performing all its functions until when I root the phone and installed a custom ROM. Now the Otg only perform charging alone.
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by klinro(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
tonyflash43:

ok tanks bt it must work by fire by force

LOOL.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by investigator007: 1:30am On Sep 21, 2016
tonyflash43:

Hmmmm. Nice to know. Still observing though
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by tonyflash43(m): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2016
investigator007:

Hmmmm. Nice to know. Still observing though

investigator keep on observing cheesy
Re: OTG Cable Is Not Working On My Phone, Any Help Pls.... by Emmankem(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
pls where can I get OTG cable for my Gionee m5 plus. It does not use normal Android Usb port, it uses Usb type C. pls help

(1) (2) (Reply)

ETISALAT's 2 For 1 Promo On Their New Blackberry Plans / See The Biggest Prank Of The Year In Nigeria So Far And Who Did It... / How Do I Screen-shot On My Android Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.