Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. (671 Views)

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Aminu Oguche - Nyanya Bombing Suspect - Freed By Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by kuramo: 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja today ruled against Charles Soludo who is the PDP's nominated gubernatorial candidate for the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra state.

The decision comes as a further blow to Soludo's ambition to become Anambra state governor at all cost, the only other hope that remains for him is the awaited ruling from the Supreme Court on the same matter.

It is difficult to predict which way the apex court's decision will swing. However neutral observers will hope that goes against him as well in the interest of justice since his nomination did not follow any democratic principles.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by mrperfect(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
Well, let see what happens.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
kuramo:

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja today ruled against Charles Soludo who is the PDP's nominated gubernatorial candidate for the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra state.

The decision comes as a further blow to Soludo's ambition to become Anambra state governor at all cost, the only other hope that remains for him is the awaited ruling from the Supreme Court on the same matter.

It is difficult to predict which way the apex court's decision will swing. However neutral observers will hope that goes against him as well in the interest of justice since his nomination did not follow any democratic principles.

In the light of the bolded part above, the entire election process should be put on hold since none of the flag bearers' nomination followed any democratic principle. Obi bullied the opposition led by Emeka Etiaba out of APGA, Ngige had been annointed as AC's candidate even before the commencement of the process Andy Uba was substituted in place of the rightful winner of the primaries in LP.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by kokoA(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
I can for see the fall of PDP.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by bilymuse: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
Woe on all those who want to stop Soludo from looting Anambra the way he did CBN
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by naijatoday: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

In the light of the bolded part above, the entire election process should be put on hold since none of the flag bearers' nomination followed any democratic principle. Obi bullied the opposition led by Emeka Etiaba out of APGA, Ngige had been annointed as AC's candidate even before the commencement of the process Andy Uba was substituted in place of the rightful winner of the primaries in LP.

The difference is that PDP members took PDP and Soludo to court. As for the other parties, I have not heard anything about them going to court to challenge the candidate.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
bilymuse:

Woe on all those who want to stop Soludo from looting Anambra the way he stopped them at CBN

[size=16pt]AMEN[/size]
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by chigo4u: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
Win or Lose, Andy Uba is nxt Anambra Governor. Hit me
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
Source please!
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Eziachi: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
What happen to Agbaoso and Ohakim today at the Nigerian appeal court?
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
I see the hand of UBASANJO in this!
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
I thought the supreme court will give the final judgement today ?
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
Justice Mary Odili got it all wrong. Her judgement runs contrary to a subsisting court judgement on a similar issue.

However her verdict will only last for 24hrs as the Supreme Court will surely over rule this crap judgement tomorrow.

After tomorrow's Judgement, if Soludo knows what he is doing he should challenge anybody willing to a live televised debate on how Ngige, Obi or Andy Ubah's nomination was any better than his own nomination?
He needs to take the bull by the horn and challenge these other candidates to come forward and demonstrate in a live debate how their nomination was anybetter than his or keep quiet forever.

Do we now have one set of high standards for Soludo and a totally different set of low standards for the rest?

This sillyness is now taking root beause its been unchallenged. Its time to get to the root of this madness.

This is pure selective appreciation of democracy and its simply the shame of a Nation.

What makes it more shameful is because the Chris Uba loyalist who continue to try to hold Soludo hostage are doing so because so far Soludo has refused to play ball. When we celebrate this madness know that we simply endorse Godfatherism and Political terrorism
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by kuramo: 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
The difference between Soludo's PDP nomination and that of the other parties rests in the fact that members of the other parties are in not in dispute with their respective party leadership over their nomination processes.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
GBAM!!!!!!! grin
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2009
kuramo:

The difference between Soludo's PDP nomination and that of the other parties rests in the fact that members of the other parties are in not in dispute with their respective party leadership over their nomination processes.

lack of dissidents does not amount to being democratic. This is where folks get this wrong
I think having critics and those who question the protest is healthy for democracy. So that there are dissidents in PDP only reflects the size of the party and how important the platform is. It does not tell anything whatsoever how democratic the PDP process was relative to AC, APGA or LP
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
Besides if Soludo guarantees a standing order to Chris Uba's account every month if he wins. I doubt we will be in court today.

Is that what folks want to call democracy?
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by chigo4u: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2009
Mikeansy or whateva your name is, don't u think its better to keep shut than talking about what you don't fully know. Well sine you are better than the judge, give your own judgement. Just wait and see the supreme court uphold that judgement. Now get this, am not a supporter but the nxt Governor of Anambra state is Dr Andy Uba. Forget that soludo this or that. The way he was elected is undemocratic and it can neva stand. So if you are from Anambra, just get out and vote Andy (yes I said IT) because that is where the direction is going. Forget soludo for now. Its andy. No beef oh
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2009
Some Agents of the Ubas are gradually infiltrating Nairaland.

GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF THEM ONE AFTER THE OTHER!

Chigo say AMEN! grin grin
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by chigo4u: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2009
Come Sonny Bobo, u wan find my trouble. Ok. Some agents of so-lu-bye-bye are all over the site. May God scatter their head and their bribed ambition. God please have mercy on them. May they live to never become Governor at all cost(lol). Andy Uba nxt to rule. Hate it or luv it. Aignt no supporter. But just advocating for good governance.
Bye
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2009
chigo4u:

Mikeansy or whateva your name is, don't u think its better to keep shut than talking about what you don't fully know. Well sine you are better than the judge, give your own judgement. Just wait and see the supreme court uphold that judgement. Now get this, am not a supporter but the nxt Governor of Anambra state is Dr Andy Uba. Forget that soludo this or that. The way he was elected is undemocratic and it can neva stand. So if you are from Anambra, just get out and vote Andy (yes I said IT) because that is where the direction is going. Forget soludo for now. Its andy. No beef oh

I am not even going to waste my time on you because I don't know anybody who supports the Ubas out of ignorance. Most times they have vested interest. You sit here and tell us how Soludo's nomination is undemocratic and yet approve of a situation where Labour Party which already elected a candidate shelves the candidate to one corner and hands it to Uba. There is no need coming to Nairaland to predict elections after one court ruling. Lets wait and see.
Re: Soludo Stopped By Court Of Appeal Again. by nastydamus(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
And Peter Obi isn't even making a fuss about his 2nd coming. He's trying to execute what he promised the electorates b4 february next year. Truth be told, empty barrels tend to generate noise, even without excitation. WORD!

(1) (Reply)

Urban Legend: Did Someone Place A Curse In Aso Rock? / Is Yar'adua's Situation Exposing Nigeria To Chances Of A Military Coup? / We Don’t Know When Yar’adua Will Return – Pdp Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.