Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Soludo Has Lost Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Has Lost Again (3858 Views)

Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Agbaje Lost Again At His Polling Unit / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

I don't know why all these non Anambrarians are drinking Panadol for our own headache

So it is only the people of Anambra that ought to worry about something that will affect the state?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
I think there is a lot of misinformation in the air.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by chosen04(f): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

I don't know why all these non Anambrarians are drinking Panadol for our own headache

@Sunny_bobo
Pls dont allow me to insult you ooooooooo!
Who is a non Anambrarian?

nna biko respect yourself nxt time.

For your info. I support ONWA Anambra= Ngige
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
chosen04:

@Sunny_bobo

So don't you think it will be nicer for everyone to contest so that those of you who support Onwa can boast that he took on everybody and won?

Do you think it is in the best interest of Anambra to win elections by eliminating others?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
chosen04:

@Sunny_bobo

Sorry about that if u r truly a nwa ada.

Pray, tell me HOW DEMOCRATIC WAS THE PROCESS THAT PRODUCED ONWA AS AC'S FLAGBEARER?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
Since we cant contribute, cos i am not an Anambra dude, i will be watching
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Pray, tell me HOW DEMOCRATIC WAS THE PROCESS THAT PRODUCED ONWA AS AC'S FLAGBEARER?

I have been asking the same question for one month now and no reply yet.

Please don't hold your breadth while waiting for an answer.

They have a different set of rules for Soludo
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by chosen04(f): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

So don't you think it will be nicer for everyone to contest so that those of you who support Onwa can boast that he took on everybody and won?

Do you think it is in the best interest of Anambra to win elections by eliminating others?

Let him 1st win in this party primary. I hate imposing people on others. However its his co- contestants that wants him out not me. A man who couldnt even win his party primary shouldnt contest in the big league.
Its a pity he decided to join Papa decieve pikin (PDP) party.

Sunny_bobo:

Onwa was the Favority right from the outset.
Contested and won====Unchallanged
Its very democratic at least no one is complaining or going to court.
Onwa belongs to a progressive party noted for good works
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
chosen04:

Any election in Nigeria that happened unopposed ought to be investigated, there surely must have been some hidden stuff that we dont know about, it is not possible in Nigeria that everyone will agree that only one person shd run.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by MrCrackles(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
Is Soludo not tired of losing grin
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2009

The bit in bold sums up most people's confusion. That no one is going to court does not mean the process was democratic.

Others were not given the chance to even contest. Ngige had already been chosen and then a congress conducted in retrospect to give validity to their previous undemocratic choice.
Democracy is when you have a set of laid down rules, anounce that the process will start according to those laid down rules, invite people to come and obtain forms and contest, conduct a debate amongst contestants so that they present their manifesto to the people, and then allow the people to vote.

You don't go on the bus tour of Onitsha, choose your candidate in a picnic, turn around to organise a charade to make it look like he was voted for and turn around to tell us you were duly elected in democratic process.

If that is the democracy AC promises then there is a problem.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Any election in Nigeria that happened unopposed ought to be investigated, there surely must have been some hidden stuff that we dont know about, it is not possible in Nigeria that everyone will agree that only one person shd run.

Ngige got 100% vote in the charade they conducted in retrospect after he has already been chosen.

That tells you the democratic records of Ngige.

We will find out the truth about the deal he reached to get the AC nomination and silence everyone else when they fail out. He has done it before, he will do it again.

If AC in Anambra wanted to 'select' a candidate why did they not say so? Why are they making things up? Is it that they dont even know what their constitution says? or do they just understand have gullible Nigerians are more than the rest
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

The bit in bold sums up most people's confusion. That no one is going to court does not mean the process was democratic.

Others were not given the chance to even contest. Ngige had already been chosen and then a congress conducted in retrospect to give validity to their previous undemocratic choice.
Democracy is when you have a set of laid down rules, anounce that the process will start according to those laid down rules, invite people to come and obtain forms and contest, conduct a debate amongst contestants so that they present their manifesto to the people, and then allow the people to vote.

You don't go on the bus tour of Onitsha, choose your candidate in a picnic, turn around to organise a charade to make it look like he was voted for and turn around to tell us you were duly elected in democratic process.

If that is the democracy AC promises then there is a problem.

Wonderfully said
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
mikeansy:

Ngige got 100% vote in the charade they conducted after he has already been chosen.

That tells you the democratic records of Ngige.

We will find out the truth about the deal he reached to get the AC nomination and silence everyone else when they fail out. He has done it before, he will do it again.

True Dat
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by biggjoe(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

So it is only the people of Anambra that ought to worry about something that will affect the state?

If we are sure that your worries is out of pure concern for the welfare of Anambra people and not for hatred of Soludo, you can go ahead and worry your butt off. grin
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by CrudeOil2(m): 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
Hate it or love it, soludo would be the governor next yr.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by paddylo1(m): 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
ha. .what kind of kangaroo judgement is this. . .
have these learned foolish justices not heard of PRECEDENT?
again i re-iterate that the supreme court will clear soludo tomorrow. . .
a party has the right to nominate whomever they want. . .the supreme court has clearly ruled on that b4
jeesus. . am not even a lawyer and i know that
lets see 2morrow
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by 1luvkipsus: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
Allowing Soludo 2 contest the next year election will introduce more rascality,disregard 4 rule of law & candidate imposition in our polity.Soludo is a good candidate but he allowed a wrong process 2 produce him,& dat's unacceptable.He must be stopped!!
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
And who is going to stop him, in a nation where there are 2 sets of rules, once for the rich and the other for nobody
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by nduchucks: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
Prediction: Soludo will be on the PDP ticket 2010.

Let's assume that the supreme court rules that Prof. Soludo was not validly nominated by the party and therefore quashes his nomination. What that would simply mean is that the PDP will go through another nominating process, a process that will once again produce Soludo as the winner.

I'm afraid we may have to wait until 2010 to find out how much improvement has taken place in our democratic process.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Prediction: Soludo will be on the PDP ticket 2010.

Let's assume that the supreme court rules that Prof. Soludo was not validly nominated by the party and therefore quashes his nomination. What that would simply mean is that the PDP will go through another nominating process, a process that will once again produce Soludo as the winner.

I'm afraid we may have to wait until 2010 to find out how much improvement has taken place in our democratic process.

You are so funny
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by nduchucks: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are so funny

But its true. 2010 is when the people of anambra will vote for the governor. The candidate selection process within particular parties has never been democratic. For example, Yar'Adua did not emerge as the PDP candidate through a democratic selection process. They will settle unhappy candidates and Soludo will ultimately be the flagbearer of PDP's.

It is in 2010 when we'll find out weather or not our democratic process has improved. ko kwa.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2009
Selection process has been polluted, so how can a good governor be elected from the pot of polluted candidates?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by nduchucks: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Selection process has been polluted, so how can a good governor be elected from the pot of polluted candidates?

You were praising fashola the other day, weren't you/ Did he not emerge out of a "polluted" process? Did he not have a godfather?
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
ndu_chucks:

You were praising fashola the other day, weren't you/ Did he not emerge out of a "polluted" process? Did he not have a godfather?

Go and read most of my post on Fashola, i have not been in Nija since he became a governor.
I do criticize him when i have to, like when he was talking about electrical car, isaid, it was dumb and stupid.
BTW, i have no idea how he came into being, cos i already gave up on Democracy in Nigeria at that time.
Also, Fashola wasn't that known, Ngige has been making noise for how many years, and do we know enuf about soludo and his policy or not?
SO, big difference
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by nduchucks: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Go and read most of my post on Fashola, i have not been in Nija since he became a governor.
I do criticize him when i have to, like when he was talking about electrical car, isaid, it was dumb and silly.
BTW, i have no idea how he came into being, cos i already gave up on Democracy in Nigeria at that time.
Also, Fashola wasn't that known, Ngige has been making noise for how many years, and do we know enuf about soludo and his policy or not?
SO, big difference

pardon me, but I forgot what our disagreement (if any) was all about. stop confusing me abeg.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
ndu_chucks:

pardon me, but I forgot what our disagreement (if any) was all about. stop confusing me abeg.

Lol tongue
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by mekusxxx: 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
At this point Soludo, whom I had supported, should go and rest and not constitute himself into another Andy Ubah, moving from one court house to another. Obi should be voted in again to complete his good job. I rest my case.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by Fhemmmy: 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2009
mekusxxx:

At this point Soludo, whom I had supported, should go and rest and not constitute himself into another Andy Ubah, moving from one court house to another. Obi should be voted in again to complete his good job. I rest my case.

Only if they will listen
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by texazzpete(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2009
These people amuse me! after suffering for so long under PDP in anambra state, they are willing to stick their necks under the guillotine for PDP again. People cannot see that Soludo is merely a well gilded mousetrap.

Someone who failed at his task of being a watchdog over the banking industry is the one being entrusted to run a troubled state. All he had to do was flash a Harvard degree and make grand speeches about 'turning Anambra into Dubai'.

The Americans threw out the Republicans even though John McCain was a pretty good guy, simply because of the excesses of the Republican Party in the previous years. In anambra i see people going apeshit about a flawed candidate, flanked by a notorious crook (Anenih), running under the platform of the same party that has brought great ruin to Anambra state!

Incredible.
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by biggjoe(m): 7:49am On Dec 17, 2009
texazzpete:

These people amuse me! after suffering for so long under PDP in anambra state, they are willing to stick their necks under the guillotine for PDP again. People cannot see that Soludo is merely a well gilded mousetrap.

Someone who failed at his task of being a watchdog over the banking industry is the one being entrusted to run a troubled state. All he had to do was flash a Harvard degree and make grand speeches about 'turning Anambra into Dubai'.

The Americans threw out the Republicans even though John McCain was a pretty good guy, simply because of the excesses of the Republican Party in the previous years. In anambra i see people going apeshit about a flawed candidate, flanked by a notorious crook (Anenih), running under the platform of the same party that has brought great ruin to Anambra state!

Incredible.

Your dislike of Soludo stays there with you at Texas. Here in Anambra, he is liked and you cant change it.

Again, let me remind you that Anambra did not suffer under PDP. Infact, PDP is the best thing that has happened to anambra in the name of Chris Ngige. Remember he was PDP governor.

Party is never the problem in Nigeria. It is about individuals not party.

mekusxxx:

Emeka, I have to disagree with you there. The Peter Obi you want has been to court more than any other governor in Nigeria.
And again, Obi is working below average here in Anambra. I am in position to tell because I . . .  . .
Re: Soludo Has Lost Again by citizenY(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2009
quote from texazzpete today

Good one grin grin grin grin

My brother , it is the same all round, not only in Anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akingbola Returns, May Report To Efcc Today / I'm Proud Of Being From Imo / Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.