Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria (3863 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Apc Still Leading Pdp As Election Collation Goes For Break / Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2013
Many who know me on NL know that am fiercely anti-tribalist, so please understand that what I am about to say, is not in anyway intended raise tribal sentiments, but more of a recognition of the possible tribal reality on the ground.

I have been considering starting a thread advising Igbos to learn from events leading up to the declaration of Biafra in 1967, and to be prepared if such tribal violence /genocide may re-occur.

The reason is because I am concerned that there is a looming crisis in Nigeria and it is to do with imminent collapse of crude oil prices and the likelyhood that oil may become worthless forever. Since oil is the reason that is preventing Nigeria's break up, when oil becomes worthless, there would no reason for Nigeria to stay intact.

In the event that oil prices should crash tomorrow, Nigeria has no alternative source of income and no contingency plan, people may start to starve, riots may start and wholesale tribal violence may ensue.

Igbos should start planning for this eventuality and plan for safe evacuation of their lives , businesses and property from possible hostile regions of Nigeria in the event that massacres of Igbos break out.

The US predicted Nigeria would break-up by 2015, you may ask how can they be so sure?
Well I was shocked to learn that US are now self sufficient in oil and together with Saudi Arabia, they now have the capacity to control when the oil price crash occurs.

The US and Saudis are artificially keeping oil prices high whilst US oil companies quietly sell off all their oil blocks and repatriate their profits out of Nigeria.

I hope it does not ever come to such a crisis but it would be advisable for Igbos to start planning for safe evacuation should a crisis turn genocidal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQTKrEjYy4

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2013
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by masu: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2013
Idomas and other benue will stand with the ibos bcus we know better now.
We cant repeat the former mistake.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by PointB: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Interesting perspective.

In anycase, our desire to leave Nigeria has nothing to do with oil (abundance or scarcity). There are quite a number of countries in the world without oil and several of them are developed. So oil or no oil, many Igbos will still prefer the Igboland to Nigeria, any day.

Nonetheless, your suggestion is well taken; Igbos are ready to leave Nigeria, even NOW!

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by saintneo(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
masu: Idomas and other benue will stand with the ibos bcus we know better now.
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by nduchucks: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
In a way, the effect of this zero demand for Nigeria's oil by the USA, is over exaggerated by the OP and others. The Chinese are more than ready to replace the US as the primary importer of Nigeria's oil.

If people are planning to breakup Nigeria anytime soon, they should be prepared to fight against the great Nigerian Armed forces and sophisticated Chinese weapons of war.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
We must as a matter fact start planning on how to run our affairs.
We don't need oil.
Our vision in Biafra is to restore the Research and Production policy of the Ojukwu administration during the conquest of Nigeria. Although Nigeria continues to occupy the Biafran territories today, they will disappear as soon as oil drops.

The Biafran nation can survive without oil. We are going to combine the sales depot of Dubai and the production instinct of the Chinese.

This is our destiny!

masu: Idomas and other benue will stand with the ibos bcus we know better now.

Listen to radio Biafra (www.radiobiafra.co) live broadcast is 7pm London time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by nobilie: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
I believe this is not hate for the nation but conciousness of a posibiliity. Truely, with the level of curruption perpetuated by our leaders(from all tribes), one can say only oil holds this country. Without oil, there is no Nigeria.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by geeez: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
What is Biafra please?

Is there oil in Igbo land outside the trickles in Imo?

Just asking
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
There is no cause for alarm. When the Military balkanized different regions and created states as they choose, there was no loss, no lack and no limitation as a result of their actions.

So the separation of Nigeria into Old Regional Blocks will still maintain the former Economic and Political cooperations in ECOWAS.

The Nigeria State will disintegrate to regroup in a bigger block and with much understanding.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by omongbatim: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
geeez: What is Biafra please?

Just asking

They are telling you that your oil will not matter soon, and you are still asking who is producing or not producing oil.

But to assuage your ignorance, there is oil in Imo and Abia and they both belong to the nine oil-producing states. Anambra is joining them soon and in fact the only private refinery that is about to commence ops is in the oil-bearing region of Anambra

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by omongbatim: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Many who know me on NL know that am fiercely anti-tribalist, so please understand that what I am about to say, is not in anyway intended raise tribal sentiments, but more of a recognition of the possible tribal reality on the ground.

I have been considering starting a thread advising Igbos to learn from events leading up to the declaration of Biafra in 1967, and to be prepared if such tribal violence /genocide may re-occur.

The reason is because I am concerned that there is a looming crisis in Nigeria and it is to do with imminent collapse of crude oil prices and the likelyhood that oil may become worthless forever. Since oil is the reason that is preventing Nigeria's break up, when oil becomes worthless, there would no reason for Nigeria to stay intact.

In the event that oil prices should crash tomorrow, Nigeria has no alternative source of income and no contingency plan, people may start to starve, riots may start and wholesale tribal violence may ensue.

Igbos should start planning for this eventuality and plan for safe evacuation of their lives , businesses and property from possible hostile regions of Nigeria in the event that massacres of Igbos break out.

The US predicted Nigeria would break-up by 2015, you may ask how can they be so sure?
Well I was shocked to learn that US are now self sufficient in oil and together with Saudi Arabia, they now have the capacity to control when the oil price crash occurs.

The US and Saudis are artificially keeping oil prices high whilst US oil companies quietly sell off all their oil blocks and repatriate their profits out of Nigeria.

I hope it does not ever come to such a crisis but it would be advisable for Igbos to start planning for safe evacuation should a crisis turn genocidal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQTKrEjYy4

This is what some of us Igbos have been saying from Adam. Any Igbo who does not have at least half of his investments in Igboland may be doomed. God forbid but that is a trending fact. Thanks for joining us Igbos to point this out again. You did it in a mature fashion; not the malice-filled ''advise'' from others.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
I am not advocating Igbos leave Nigeria ooh!
It is more about learning the lessons of 1966-67 massacres that could happen when law and order breakdown.

What would happen if the US and Saudis allow oil prices to crash tomorrow?

What are the chances that anti-govt riots outside Igboland may transform into anti-Igbo riots especially if GEJ is percieved to be Igbo or close to Igbos in areas of Nigeria that may feel disenfranchised.

Not saying that we should panic, just that we should be ready for this eventuality and start making plans and learn from history.
PointB:
Interesting perspective.

In anycase, our desire to leave Nigeria has nothing to do with oil (abundance or scarcity). There are quite a number of countries in the world without oil and several of them are developed. So oil or no oil, many Igbos will still prefer the Igboland to Nigeria, any day.

Nonetheless, your suggestion is well taken; Igbos are ready to leave Nigeria, even NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Sibrah: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Then oil will be available for cheap and it will turn out to be the most influential factor of industrialization. As for the Southern Nigeria based Igbos preparing to go back to SE, i see no threat to their lives / property.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by omongbatim: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sibrah: Then oil will be available for cheap and it will turn out to be the most influential factor of industrialization. As for the Southern Nigeria based Igbos preparing to go back to SE, i see no threat to their lives / property.

How will there not be threat to Igbo property outside Igboland if Nigeria were to break up? Have you heard of the abandoned-property saga in River State?
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Sibrah: 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

How will there not be threat to Igbo property outside Igboland if Nigeria were to break up? Have you heard of the abandoned-property saga in River State?
in the southern part of Nigeria . . . Just like in '67-70.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by omongbatim: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sibrah: in the southern part of Nigeria . . . Just like in '67-70.

Rivers State where Igbos lost their property is in the south. Moreover there is so much animosity against Igbos in SW that they might be made to lose their property this time.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
I sincerely believe it is not too late to make plans, indeed the violence will increase soon, the whole ingredients needed for a breakup are coming together.
Large number of unemployed, frustrated youths,
Irreparable economy.
Extremist violence which heightens the masses awareness of their tribal affiliations and decreases their loyalty to the national entity.
Mass inflow of arms and weaponry into the civilian mix.
Extremely low quality in education which aims to create individuals that lacks the proper perspective,easily to be deceived, has no confidence in their capabilities therefore forming a large pool of puppet leaders to chose from.

when the few remaining parts adds up to it, the keg will explode, it always does, and we are all sure it will not fail this time.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
It is not about zero demand for Nigerian oil, it is about low oil prices meaning that Nigeria would be unable to feed itself. US troops are already positioned on our doorstep ready to occupy Nigeria or to evacuate it citizens or protect their business interests.

If Nigeria is unable to feed itself where would it get the funds to fight another civil war against any region that decides to break away?

If oil prices are low and are unlikely to ever be the money-maker it used to be, Nigeria would be denied loans and credit.

The crisis could be averted if there is a military coup by an anti-corruption and patriotic military General who could take the necessary actions needed to rescue the economy and avoid breakdown of law and order.
I can not see the current civilian government ever being able to take the tough actions needed to tackle corruption and rescue the economy even in the face of a looming crisis.

ndu_chucks: In a way, the effect of this zero demand for Nigeria's oil by the USA, is over exaggerated by the OP and others. The Chinese are more than ready to replace the US as the primary importer of Nigeria's oil.

If people are planning to breakup Nigeria anytime soon, they should be prepared to fight against the great Nigerian Armed forces and sophisticated Chinese weapons of war.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2013

Just asking

Biafra is the a nation forcefully occupied by Nigeria.

As for oil, is there any need telling you we don't need oil to survive?
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hahaha! Igbo massacres threat from Buhari camp. Why am i not surprised.

Goodluck with dat. F.uck.ing Taliban monkey.

[size=38pt]GEJ 2015, PDP 2015[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by omongbatim: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Hahaha! Igbo massacres threat from Buhari camp. Why am i not surprised.

Goodluck with dat. F.uck.ing Taliban monkey.

[size=38pt]GEJ 2015, PDP 2015[/size]

You need to stop this politicking and ponder on the OP's topic. Threat to Igbo investment outside Igboland is real.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Emperor007: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thinking ahead, though some of us are aware that one Nigeria doesn't exist outside oil and gas.

There would always be a price tag.

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
GenBuhari: It is not about zero demand for Nigerian oil, it is about low oil prices meaning that Nigeria would be unable to feed itself. US troops are already positioned on our doorstep ready to occupy Nigeria or to evacuate it citizens or protect their business interests.

Frankly, I do not think that a crash in oil prices would mean that Nigeria would be unable to feed herself. I do agree with you that US troops are ready to take whatever security measures they deem necessary to protect their interests.

If Nigeria is unable to feed itself where would it get the funds to fight another civil war against any region that decides to break away?

Those funds and other weaponry will come from the US, China, Middle East e.t.c.

The crisis could be averted if there is a military coup by an anti-corruption and patriotic military General who could take the necessary actions needed to rescue the economy and avoid breakdown of law and order.
I can not see the current civilian government ever being able to take the tough actions needed to tackle corruption and rescue the economy even in the face of a looming crisis.

I agree. With all indications that the civilian government is incapable of checkmating corruption, and with our useless youths who are incapable of Egyptian type revolution, I'm afraid that we may very well see a military coup before its all said and done.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by juman(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
nigeria that depends on a commodity would crash whenever the oil price crashes.

That's good mennnhhhh. grin

No to one nigeria.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
I hope you are right, but we would not be able to import rice and other foods.
Certainly govt would not be able to pay wages, without wages you cannot buy food, worker would be laid off, without their spending private business would also suffer and many people would definitely be at risk of increased hunger.
ndu_chucks:

Frankly, I do not think that a crash in oil prices would mean that Nigeria would be unable to feed herself. I do agree with you that US troops are ready to take whatever security measures they deem necessary to protect their interests.

Those funds and other weaponry will come from the US, China, Middle East e.t.c.

I agree. With all indications that the civilian government is incapable of checkmating corruption, and with our useless youths who are incapable of Egyptian type revolution, I'm afraid that we may very well see a military coup before its all said and done.

Without the prospect of Nigeria earning big from oil, you may find that the /west and China would see no interest in assisting Nigeria fight a civil war. Besides I believe US would prefer Nigeria to disintegrate. It may be that the SW may also seek to break away9*
ndu_chucks:

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Alexbond(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
Guy,why dont u tink of sumtin to do wit ur pple,cos nigeria vows to remain as one and any part of it dat plans to secede will b turn 2 ashes either yoruba,hausa or igbo.Nigeria tends to remain as one because it advantages e.g large marker.actually rite frm time some intelligent nigerians knew dat U.S hate dem and wat dem to break up so he can easily control dem,dey ve been doin dis in d time past deleting Gen abach n MKO is part of d mission not only in nigeria like u know libya is a good example dis also leads to distablizatn of africa(e.g boko haram dis is saga anyway).also try n note dis dey only embezzle oil money its has no significate effect on nig economy,come 2015 nig will b more beta cos telecom,solid minerials,manufacturing,aivation,entertainment,agric wil ve done alot and if possible igbos can secede successfully u wil miss alot n wat wil u feed on since u said oil will b useless! lol i know u cant cos u'r toothless now in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by lacasa: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
Why wait!!

Make all the igbos evacuate to sudan for all i care.

Bloody insecure noisemakers angry

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by chekwubegab: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2013

Just asking

What is Nigeria?
Just asking
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
GenBuhari,

U can't advise a whole ethnic group this way!!!

Average IgboDude knows how much HOME is Hostile and Highly Competitive beyond voodoo !!!

Nigeria has many other alternatives/Resources that would fetch more foreign income than OIl incase of any eventualities but Oil has readily Market and Fast Money !!!

Ndigbo are better-off Outside and Yes,They know it !!!
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nomski0(f): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
lacasa: Why wait!!

Make all the igbos evacuate to sudan for all i care.

Bloody insecure noisemakers angry
I thought i was the only one who felt the same way.......everytime they threaten to break away giving all Nigerian haters something to smile about. We had enough of the threats, they're not the only tribe in Nigeria. They should go, the lesser we are the better.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu,christy Essien Igbokwe And Sunny Okosun Back In Those Days(see PICS) / Realiable And Very Sad News On Chibok Girls By Mediator Stephen Davis / #panamapapers Wins Top Honour At Data Journalism Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.