Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,421 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network (2632 Views)

How Do I Block Website / I Need A Network Monitoring Software / Please Help Me Set Up A Network For My Cyber Cafe' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by tgmservice: 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
Dear programmers of nairaland please can you help me with a technique or software that can be used to block certain websites on a network router.
The router we make use of does not offer such features.
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by tgmservice: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2017
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by dragnet: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2017
tgmservice:
well i guess all they do here is bragging
with this statement, you don't deserve the help you seek.
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by tgmservice: 9:17am On Mar 10, 2017
dragnet:

with this statement, you don't deserve the help you seek.
OK am sorry help me i really need it pls remove the quoted message
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by dragnet: 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
tgmservice:
OK am sorry help me i really need it pls remove the quoted message
Your best bet is to get it done on either your LAN interface router or your internet router, otherwise you should use the option given to you in the programming section.
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by tgmservice: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
dragnet:

Your best bet is to get it done on either your LAN interface router or your internet router, otherwise you should use the option given to you in the programming section.
We make use of the spectranet router but it doesnt seem to be working
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by dragnet: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
tgmservice:
can you show a screenshot of what you've tried?
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by persius555(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
tgmservice:
Dear programmers of nairaland please can you help me with a technique or software that can be used to block certain websites on a network router.
The router we make use of does not offer such features.
Most low end and ISP Soho routers don't offer web filtering features. If you are looking at softwares for this purpose, I doubt if there are software or firmware filters for webpages especially for Facebook as most ISPs rely on facebook dns to route traffic to customers. Most solutions we use are hardware based and they work very well.
Call 08166894416 for assistance.
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by persius555(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
@tgmservice. WhatsApp me if u want a trial. Block access to youtube and other bandwidth consuming sites on your network.
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by tgmservice: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2017
persius555:
@tgmservice. WhatsApp me if u want a trial. Block access to youtube and other bandwidth consuming sites on your network.
ok am interested but not on wats-up wats ur number
Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by persius555(m): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
tgmservice:
ok am interested but not on wats-up wats ur number

Re: How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network by mice(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2017
tgmservice:

there is a space on spectranet settings that allows u to blacklist pages

(1) (Reply)

love-vendor YOUR XP ..to Mac OSX / Do You Know Of A Virus Called Kata Mutiara / The Best External Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.