Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Need A Network Monitoring Software - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need A Network Monitoring Software (1443 Views)

Please I Need A Good Network Monitoring Device Or Software / How Can I Block Certain Websites Like Facebook On A Network / Help With Network Monitoring Tool Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Network Monitoring Software by showreals(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2017
Please help me out, I need a software i can install on all laptops in my office with the server version on my system to monitor majorly data usage.

I need to catch those downloading excessively or at-least scare them to stop.
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by showreals(m): 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
Help
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by yunglary(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2017
Just get a captive portal and cap their data
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by rushman003: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
showreals:

Please help me out, I need a software i can install on all laptops in my office with the server version on my system to monitor majorly data usage.

I need to catch those downloading excessively or at-least scare them to stop.

Hi.
Are you a tech guy?
If you are, you can get mikrotik software to monitor, reduce data cap, restrict some site that consumes data, stop download of some certain file. And you don't need to have it on all system just a central system connected too the gateway does that.

If you can't solve it contact me and I will provide necessary support
You can send PM
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by showreals(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
yunglary:
Just get a captive portal and cap their data

Please explain a little bit more
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by showreals(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
rushman003:

Hi.
Are you a tech guy?
If you are, you can get mikrotik software to monitor, reduce data cap, restrict some site that consumes data, stop download of some certain file. And you don't need to have it on all system just a central system connected too the gateway does that.

If you can't solve it contact me and I will provide necessary support
You can send PM

Ok i will contact you soon. thanks a lot
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by yunglary(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
showreals:

Please explain a little bit more
check out cyberoam.com they sell devices that you can use with your Wi-Fi.
with this device you can give each user a username, password and assigned data to each one of them.
So when someone finishes his data, he cannot use the Wi-FI again
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by showreals(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2017
Thanks all!

I have decided to go with a Hotspot Sales Software, I am trying to choose one. I will run the office like a cyber cafe, give everyone accounts to login into and allocate data to each account. That will drop usage immediately
Re: I Need A Network Monitoring Software by okonja(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
showreals:
Thanks all!

I have decided to go with a Hotspot Sales Software, I am trying to choose one. I will run the office like a cyber cafe, give everyone accounts to login into and allocate data to each account. That will drop usage immediately

I would suggest you go for Mikrotik routerboard. It's very robust with alot of features...if your isp give you a public ip, I can help with the configurations from A-Z remotely, the userman features is a top notch when it comes to controlling data access of every user connected to your network. I base in Abuja incase you are here as well. cool

(1) (Reply)

Toshiba Laptop C655d In Good Condition / website where you as a nigerian can buy brand new mini laptop for as low as 14k / How I Use My Laptop More Than 8 Hours Without Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.