Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,424 members, 7,830,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) (1285 Views)

Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Which Course Is More Superior To The Other? / Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by Inanx(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
I am sooo confused between these two courses(microbiology & biology) ... i applied for microbiology but unfortunately jamb nd de institution i applied for happen to change my course to biology... nd i wanted changing de course back to microbiology which i applied fr at first. but som f ma frnds nd relatives discourages me that MCB is mre difficult nd stressful dan Biology nd job opportunities is usually lower fr MCB graduates dan a Biologist graduate while sum says dy r no big differences... I'm just sooooo confused.... embarassed Please help me out with ideas...
Thanks... smiley smiley
Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by property123: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
After studying either of those courses you may end up more confused and frustrated after graduation.
First ask yourself where do you picture yourself 5 years from now. Do you intend going back to academics or you want to build a career?
How many companies or industries in Nigeria are in need of biologist or microbiologist when we import everything from china?
Please look at national or global trend.
My personal advise is to look for a vocational course, if the school offer something like carpentry, medical lab etc accept it. You will thank me later

3 Likes

Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by Inanx(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
property123:
After studying either of those courses you may end up more confused and frustrated after graduation.
First ask yourself where do you picture yourself 5 years from now. Do you intend going back to academics or you want to build a career?
How many companies or industries in Nigeria are in need of biologist or microbiologist when we import everything from china?
Please look at national or global trend.
My personal advise is to look for a vocational course, if the school offer something like carpentry, medical lab etc accept it. You will thank me later
Thanks for ur suggestion... I appreciate.
Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by moris01(m): 8:03am On Mar 10, 2017
None!!!
Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by josh123(m): 8:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Try to Be an entrepreneur
Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 10, 2017
Inanx:
I am sooo confused between these two courses(microbiology & biology) ... i applied for microbiology but unfortunately jamb nd de institution i applied for happen to change my course to biology... nd i wanted changing de course back to microbiology which i applied fr at first. but som f ma frnds nd relatives discourages me that MCB is mre difficult nd stressful dan Biology nd job opportunities is usually lower fr MCB graduates dan a Biologist graduate while sum says dy r no big differences... I'm just sooooo confused.... embarassed Please help me out with ideas...
Thanks... smiley smiley

By the way, why are you limiting your options to only these 2?

You'll need a balance between what you enjoy doing and what you will get paid for as a career.

If you're like most people, you are born with a flair for some certain skills, things which to you may seem like play but are of high value in the marketplace.

Work out a career that builds on these natural gifts.

GOD bless you
Re: B.sc Biology & B.sc Microbiology- Which Is Better? (help Needed) by Inanx(m): 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
alignacademy:

You'll need a balance between what you enjoy doing and what you will get paid for as a career.

If you're like most people, you are born with a flair for some certain skills, things which to you may seem like play but are of high value in the marketplace.

GOD bless you

thanks bro.... smiley
alignacademy:

GOD bless you

thanks bro....

(1) (Reply)

You Will Never Stop Hating Igbos Until You Read This : / Low Tuition Universities In South Africa: Cost Of Living, List Of Universities A / Uniuyo Screening Exercise Postponed See New Screening Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.