Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,359 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ (1964 Views)

BEFORE YOU JUDGE check out these photos With Gej And Pmb / South-south And South-East Governors Meet In Rivers (Photos) / Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
It pains me to make such sweeping statement, however to drive my points please permit it to stand.

How could it be that we very very recently had a Six-year presidency from this region and they have nothing to show for it.

How could GEJ have choosen Kaduna as the first state to benefit from the modern trainline, when there is a Lagos, a Portharcourt, Onitsha, Calabar.
As a south-south man whose people have complained of marginalization, complained of their "oyel money" being used to develop Lagos and Abuja, yet their son, couldnt think of the region to site the first train route. Even directing it to lagos would have favoured his kins men more than the kaduna.

East -West road: this is one of the most important road in the South-south region, as it cuts across many of the state in the region, a main artery in River state, yet the contract was awarded to a local contractor, when Julius berger builds LGA roads in the North, will heaven fall if this same julius berger build the most important Federal road in south-south ?

Greater Portharcourt: Not sure the full intention of Amechi, but on paper this was a laudable plan; to expand and create a new financial and business district in portharcourt, a waterfront business district. PEJ thwarted the plan with her " YOU MUST NOT USE THE WORD MUST" (despite she just use the word .MUST). And that became the end of Greater PH city.

EGINA FPSO base,: this was awarded to a Tinubu backed company with guaranty that the full construction will be done in Bayelsa, like a fisherman, a drunk fisherman, they were busy stealing and looting or shear stupidity, the Tinubus, transfered teh $500 million contract to lagos.
20 days to end of GEJ tenure, it then appeared his team woke up and realise that they have been hoodwinked.

Calaba SEAPORT, there is a seaport in calabar, all that is required is to dredge the canal it to a mere 15m. that was not remembered.

Obudu cattle ranch... nothing was done on that

Ibaka Seaport ??

Relocating Oil companies HQ to main Operational Base. i feel so ashamed when i learnt they were asking Dullard of Daura to mandate the companies to move. GEJ was president, Alison from Bayelsa was Petroleum minister and they didnt remember to agitate for it then ?

Power stations, OBJ built two gas powered station in geragu and one in Ogun/ondo, where there is no gas, gas pipeline to transport the gas to these stations, experts have indicated its best to move or build new stations close to the location of gas, yet GEJ didnt care to build one in the south south, despite the $2B power section special funding from Foreign reserve.

Airport ? Federal Airport.... How can the oil region, the goose that lay the golden egg, have no fuctional Federal Airport ? this is incomprehensible.
why would GEJ insist on building an waste of an "airport" in bayelsa, when he could have insisted portharcourt airport would be the airport he would use, that single action could have mandated all the government agencies to repair, rebuild and make the portharcourt airport functional.

Rural Electrification ?

Creek transportation ?

Compensation of victim of oil exploration and spills; many people in these regions, previous farmers and fisherman have been driven to wretchedness as they cant farm nor fish anymore.

How about Warri wharf ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by bymigokeph: 2:33am On Mar 10, 2017
They very very daft

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by Standing5(m): 3:05am On Mar 10, 2017
Truth is the SS themselves have a stronger leadership problem within. The east-west rd was handled by local inexperienced contractors not because Julius Berger wasn't there but because of greed with SS(NDDC).
The fact that Jona couldn't influence projects to favour the SS/SE shows that the president is limited in power when it comes to sharing the cake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by KanwuliaExtra: 3:35am On Mar 10, 2017
DAFT is an understatement!
Please, find a more befitting adjective.
Still searching. . . . .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by EricBloodAxe: 3:54am On Mar 10, 2017
Dude were u in a coma all diz yrs? Or ur prison sentence just expired? Cuz i don't see wat u tend 2 derive frm diz stale old news. Jonathan is no more d president. He lost elections in 2015. So stop crying over spilt milk n move on .

3 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by Pavarottii(m): 4:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Na wa! Wat is ur stress over Jonathan? Or Wat is the essence of this topic. To put the people of SS against GEJ?

Wat is actually ur aim of this. Cos GEJ left power in peace for u and ur master is president; so why u crying more than d bereaved?

Well if ur aim is to pitch the people of SS against GEJ. Then u av failed woefully.

We love GEJ to a fault; not cause of tribal sentiment. Cos he performed well as a president of Nigeria. And he is the best President Nigeria has ever had. I know his achievements eats u deep and causes sleepless nyte 4 u. Well take heart. Just go to street and hear words on the streets any region in Nigeria. They will tell u Buhari has taken us 2 decades backward. All the achievements of GEJ av been thwarted from agric, entertainment, power, petroleum, environment, land etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:54am On Mar 10, 2017
The problem is no people of "south-south" which by the way doesn't exist because the nations there are not a primary school expression.

Anyway, people like Amaechi are actually "primary school" minded, with their silly uniforms that they hope to hide their true identity.

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by adegeye38(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2017
Pavarottii:
Na wa! Wat is ur stress over Jonathan? Or Wat is the essence of this topic. To put the people of SS against GEJ?

Wat is actually ur aim of this. Cos GEJ left power in peace for u and ur master is president; so why u crying more than d bereaved?

Well if ur aim is to pitch the people of SS against GEJ. Then u av failed woefully.

We love GEJ to a fault; not cause of tribal sentiment. Cos he performed well as a president of Nigeria. And he is the best President Nigeria has ever had. I know his achievements eats u deep and causes sleepless nyte 4 u. Well take heart. Just go to street and hear words on the streets any region in Nigeria. They will tell u Buhari has taken us 2 decades backward. All the achievements of GEJ av been thwarted from agric, entertainment, power, petroleum, environment, land etc.
with what u typed above i can bodly say that you are an ignorant fool

6 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2017
EricBloodAxe:
Dude were u in a coma all diz yrs? Or ur prison sentence just expired? Cuz i don't see wat u tend 2 derive frm diz stale old news. Jonathan is no more d president. He lost elections in 2015. So stop crying over spilt milk n move on .

The beauty of the human mind is its ability to sit back and reflect.

just thinking the missed opportunities the SS missed with a president of its extraction.

seriously, there is not one , i mean one single meaningful thing that goodluck did for his people. However , i dont blame him solely, in fact very little actually, he was a simply man, i blame more the likes of Edwin clark and his irks who have been very vocal on issues of SS and ND but when their son got in they all forget the essense of their struggle all these years and solely focused on personal looting and enrichment.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by EricBloodAxe: 10:51am On Mar 10, 2017
macjive01:

The beauty of the human mind is its ability to sit back and reflect.

just thinking the missed opportunities the SS missed with a president of its extraction.

seriously, there is not one , i mean one single meaningful thing that goodluck did for his people. However , i dont blame him solely, in fact very little actually, he was a simply man, i blame more the likes of Edwin clark and his irks who have been very vocal on issues of SS and ND but when their son got in they all forget the essense of their struggle all these years and solely focused on personal looting and enrichment.

Jonathan messed up bigly...but wen in d position of power wit strategic interests and surrounded by hegemonic cabals...ur thought process and intuition 90℅ of d time is controlled by d pple who put u in power. Why do u think most nigerian politicians don't keep up to 70℅ of dia campaign promises? Even Buhari a retired general and a known dictator still finds it hard to steer d country witout permission frm his inner circle. Its a different ball game in dt power seat.

Yet still Jonathan is to be blamed for not investing in d south even though he did empower many southerners to financial sustainability. Still he is to be blamed for throwing away d only opportunity for us to leap forward developmentally...but for how long will we keep blaming him?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
EricBloodAxe:

Jonathan messed up bigly...but wen in d position of power wit strategic interests and surrounded by hegemonic cabals...ur thought process and intuition 90℅ of d time is controlled by d pple who put u in power. Why do u think most nigerian politicians don't keep up to 70℅ of dia campaign promises? Even Buhari a retired general and a known dictator still finds it hard to steer d country witout permission frm his inner circle. Its a different ball game in dt power seat.

Yet still Jonathan is to be blamed for not investing in d south even though he did empower many southerners to financial sustainability. Still he is to be blamed for throwing away d only opportunity for us to leap forward developmentally...but for how long will we keep blaming him?

as i said not really blaming Him GEJ but the elders from that region esp those who have been agitating for these.

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by SlayerSupreme: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
DAFT is an understatement... they make STUPID look STUPID. I think it might have to do with the crude oil getting into their system or not?

PS- This is directed mostly to the "We SS" people who are the forerunners and ambassadors of DAFTNESS in that region.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by hassey(m): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
EricBloodAxe:

the points raise by op touch u to the Bones. there is room for reflection which am sure is what d op is trying to do

2 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by baralatie(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
macjive01:
It pains me to make such sweeping statement, however to drive my points please permit it to stand.

How could it be that we very very recently had a Six-year presidency from this region and they have nothing to show for it.

How could GEJ have choosen Kaduna as the first state to benefit from the modern trainline, when there is a Lagos, a Portharcourt, Onitsha, Calabar.
As a south-south man whose people have complained of marginalization, complained of their "oyel money" being used to develop Lagos and Abuja, yet their son, couldnt think of the region to site the first train route. Even directing it to lagos would have favoured his kins men more than the kaduna.

East -West road: this is one of the most important road in the South-south region, as it cuts across many of the state in the region, a main artery in River state, yet the contract was awarded to a local contractor, when Julius berger builds LGA roads in the North, will heaven fall if this same julius berger build the most important Federal road in south-south ?

Greater Portharcourt: Not sure the full intention of Amechi, but on paper this was a laudable plan; to expand and create a new financial and business district in portharcourt, a waterfront business district. PEJ thwarted the plan with her " YOU MUST NOT USE THE WORD MUST" (despite she just use the word .MUST). And that became the end of Greater PH city.

EGINA FPSO base,: this was awarded to a Tinubu backed company with guaranty that the full construction will be done in Bayelsa, like a fisherman, a drunk fisherman, they were busy stealing and looting or shear stupidity, the Tinubus, transfered teh $500 million contract to lagos.
20 days to end of GEJ tenure, it then appeared his team woke up and realise that they have been hoodwinked.

Calaba SEAPORT, there is a seaport in calabar, all that is required is to dredge the canal it to a mere 15m. that was not remembered.

Obudu cattle ranch... nothing was done on that

Ibaka Seaport ??

Relocating Oil companies HQ to main Operational Base. i feel so ashamed when i learnt they were asking Dullard of Daura to mandate the companies to move. GEJ was president, Alison from Bayelsa was Petroleum minister and they didnt remember to agitate for it then ?

Power stations, OBJ built two gas powered station in geragu and one in Ogun/ondo, where there is no gas, gas pipeline to transport the gas to these stations, experts have indicated its best to move or build new stations close to the location of gas, yet GEJ didnt care to build one in the south south, despite the $2B power section special funding from Foreign reserve.

Airport ? Federal Airport.... How can the oil region, the goose that lay the golden egg, have no fuctional Federal Airport ? this is incomprehensible.
why would GEJ insist on building an waste of an "airport" in bayelsa, when he could have insisted portharcourt airport would be the airport he would use, that single action could have mandated all the government agencies to repair, rebuild and make the portharcourt airport functional.

Rural Electrification ?

Creek transportation ?

Compensation of victim of oil exploration and spills; many people in these regions, previous farmers and fisherman have been driven to wretchedness as they cant farm nor fish anymore.

How about Warri wharf ?

if you modify your topic and you are Willing to trash the issues you raised.I might help.

first thing first.
1.trains network:what train line network do you have on ground and what new line has Nigeria signed to have

2.seaports :this is the most bitterly fought issue at the center and what killed is the insecurity on the waterways in the area.warri wharf is soo badly evilised that you just can't imagine.

east west give it for gej naa!that road no be for here from IMO,ever,delta,bayelsa down to parts of akwa ibom.if you son ply that whole stretch you won't understand!
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
SlayerSupreme:
DAFT is an understatement... they make STUPID look STUPID. I think it might have to do with the crude oil getting into their system or not?

The way people air their opinion on public space is very painful. To be sincere, your statement just abuse the entirety of the south south region which is really the hallmark of ethnicity and incitement.

I do not know if you derive satisfaction from abuse, but your statement us uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by bishopkay: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bigoted fools like the op are the problem with Nigeria. Jonathan was the president of Nigeria not president of the South-south.

Buhari been there now, what capital project has be done for the North in the two years he's been there? One thing you should understand is this; presidents face the area that gives them more oppostition so they can have a smooth ride during their tenures. Example; the Onitsha-Enugu road been fixed by Buhari is it in the North?
The Ogoni clean up even Though it was more of media hype was one of the first major projects carried out by the Buhari government. Was it in the North? Many other examples abound.

I gave up on you Op when you said Jonathan didn't build power stations in the south. Do you know there are about 3 NIPPs in the South-south alone with one at Bayelsa all built by GEJ?

What you should know is this.. .presidents are normally under pressure to act opposite of regions but I guess you wouldn't know that because all you think of is how to cause a tribal war on NL or you are a kid with access to the internet and just come in here to spew trash without due deligence and research.

Next time before you come at a people, conduct your due research with deligence. Also as a bonus, you are extremely daft for referring to a whole region of people as daft. Stupid boy.

2 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by Ikechu10: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
I can NEVER understand this A PC rats insulting people thinking that'll get them to support them.

OP continue masturbating and insulting ppl. That'll get you support. Nonsense
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
bishopkay:
Bigoted fools like the op are the problem with Nigeria. Jonathan was the president of Nigeria not president of the South-south.

Buhari been there now, what capital project has be done for the North in the two years he's been there? One thing you should understand is this; presidents face the area that gives them more oppostition so they can have a smooth ride during their tenures. Example; the Onitsha-Enugu road been fixed by Buhari is it in the North?
The Ogoni clean up even Though it was more of media hype was one of the first major projects carried out by the Buhari government. Was it in the North? Many other examples abound.

I gave up on you Op when you said Jonathan didn't build power stations in the south. Do you know there are about 3 NIPPs in the South-south alone with one at Bayelsa all built by GEJ?

What you should know is this.. .presidents are normally under pressure to act opposite of regions but I guess you wouldn't know that because all you think of is how to cause a tribal war on NL or you are a kid with access to the internet and just come in here to spew trash without due deligence and research.

Next time before you come at a people, conduct your due research with deligence. Also as a bonus, you are extremely daft for referring to a whole region of people as daft. Stupid boy.

please state the fubctional power station GEJ built in the south.

The only function power station is the Ibom P station which was built by Akwa ibom.

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
Apologies on my earlier statement.
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by chudionu58(f): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
macjive01:
Why and who are you apologizing to?
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by chudionu58(f): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
macjive01:

The only function power station is the Ibom P station which was built by Akwa ibom.
Jonathan's govt funded...
1. Alaoji phase 1 500mw
2. Calabar NIPP 500mw
3. Sapele NIPP 450mw
4. Ihovbor(Edo) 500mw
5. Omotosho(Ondo) 500mw
6. Geregu NIPP (Kogi) 500mw and the
7. Olorunsogo NIPP (ogun) 500mw
...all to full completion.

True or false.

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by chudionu58(f): 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
I see it as criminal when folks talk about East West road as if Jonathan did nothing on it. As a matter of fact, it was the much derided Godsday Orubebe that drove that project to an advanced stage before they left. The road in question stretches from Warri in Delta state to Eket/Oron in calabar about 350km dual carriageway. The four sections in that highway got some appreciable funding from the SURE-P. The PH to Uyo axis(96km) was over 85% complete(or more) as at may 2015.

Let's be guided.

2 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by baralatie(m): 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
chudionu58:
I see it as criminal when folks talk about East West road as if Jonathan did nothing on it. As a matter of fact, it was the much derided Godsday Orubebe that drove that project to an advanced stage before they left. The road in question stretches from Warri in Delta state to Eket/Oron in calabar about 350km dual carriageway. The four sections in that highway got some appreciable funding from the SURE-P. The PH to Uyo axis(96km) was over 85% complete(or more) as at may 2015.

Let's be guided.
thank you!people who have never been on that road will not appreciate the immense job that was done.
if they know how many km of road was added on that grid excluding the new link bridges.
that road is life line in that axis

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by dragonking2: 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
SlayerSupreme:
You are just a compound idiot. The northerners and SW that has ruled Nigeria more than any other tribe, what do they have to show for it? OBJ ruled for 12years (8yrs as civilian and 4yrs as military) what did he do for you Afonjas? Why dont you focus on your people first. You guys are nothing but bloody bastard mor0ns angry

Ugly motherfvckers

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by baralatie(m): 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
macjive01:
pick on any particular issue and state in the south south region and let see if the issue is missed opportunities or there is a lot of behind issues deliberately affecting the growth of that state
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by SuperS1Panther: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Point of correction OP:

OBJ built Afam VI Power Station (from ground zero) in Afam, Rivers State.

OBJ started the construction of the East West Road.

2 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by SlayerSupreme: 4:30am On Mar 12, 2017
[s]
dragonking2:
You are just a compound idiot. The northerners and SW that has ruled Nigeria more than any other tribe, what do they have to show for it? OBJ ruled for 12years (8yrs as civilian and 4yrs as military) what did he do for you Afonjas? Why dont you focus on your people first. You guys are nothing but bloody bastard mor0ns angry

Ugly motherfvckers
[/s]

Hhhahahahaahha. We SS people are pained. But you guys are DAFT na. Due to acute illiteracy.

3 Likes

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by HiddenShadow: 4:34am On Mar 12, 2017
If Jonathan had focused on his region, they would have called him a tribalist but he choose to take every tribe in the country along only to end up being called a fooool

Abeg, when will Afonjas get sense angry angry

1 Like

Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by SlayerSupreme: 4:35am On Mar 12, 2017
kelvinreality:

The way people air their opinion on public space is very painful. To be sincere, your statement just abuse the entirety of the south south region which is really the hallmark of ethnicity and incitement.

I do not know if you derive satisfaction from abuse, but your statement us uncalled for.

My brother don't be offended. It is the antecedents of the "We SS" and "our oyel" people that has brought this insult. They have set themselves up for insults with their never changing DAFT perspective to things.
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by dragonking2: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2017
SlayerSupreme:

Hhhahahahaahha. We SS people are pained. But you guys are DAFT na. Due to acute illiteracy.
Omo oduduwa, are you guys not bastards since your fathers sleep with their daughters and your mothers get raped everyday by criminals. Atleast that's a fact about you guys. cool
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by macjive01: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2017
chudionu58:
Jonathan's govt funded...
1. Alaoji phase 1 500mw
2. Calabar NIPP 500mw
3. Sapele NIPP 450mw
4. Ihovbor(Edo) 500mw
5. Omotosho(Ondo) 500mw
6. Geregu NIPP (Kogi) 500mw and the
7. Olorunsogo NIPP (ogun) 500mw
...all to full completion.

True or false.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

None of these are working.. funded on paper. they are all incomplete, partial operation.

point of correction many on your list were started built bu OBJ administration.
Re: South-south and missed opportunities with GEJ by bishopkay: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2017
macjive01:

1. Ihovbor power plant Benin
2. Sapele power plant
3. Gbarian power station yenegoa.

Most of them are completed or 90% completed already because my Dad was part of the Recruiting team last two years and last year. BTW, there's another one at Omoku Rivers state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Reject Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu And Dansuki On Bail. / Video Evidence Of Fulani Herdsmen Moving With Ak47-vanguard / How Politicians Killed Nigerian Economy, Trump Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.