Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife (2275 Views)

Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal / BEFORE YOU JUDGE check out these photos With Gej And Pmb / Alleged $40m Scam: Efcc Witnesses Deny Dealing With Jonathan’s Cousin, wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Abuja – As the trial of the cousin of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Azibaola Robert, and his wife, Stella, over alleged laundering of $40 million cash began in earnest, all the witnesses called by the Economic and Financial Commission, yesterday, denied knowledge of the couple.
Azibaola’s
Rather, they admitted transacting business with his firm, Oneplus, which was reportedly awarded the contract for the supply of Strategic Communications kits by the Office of the national Security Adviser in 2014.
The witnesses, mostly commercial bank officials, summoned by the EFCC as prosecution witnesses, told Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court Abuja, that they did not know or do any business with the defendants.
The witnesses who testified on Friday were Mohammed Abdurazak Bello, Confidence Onabu Iwade and Remiginus Ugwu, who all confessed not knowing the couple.
Prosecution witness 5 (PW5) Folashade Ibrahim, a branch manager with Wema Bank, said that she did not know or do any business with Robert or his wife, Stella, and that they were not beneficiaries of the money she disbursed from the accounts of Tunji Adeniyi & Co, a property firm owned and managed by Tunji Adeniyi.
Under cross-examination by the defence counsel, Gordy Uche of what she knew Robert and his wife, Stella, Ibrahim replied: “No. I don’t even know them. And they are not part of the beneficiaries of the transfers from the account of Tunji & Co,”
In his testimony, PW6, MOHAMMED ABDULRAZAK BELLO, who is the Managing Director of BDC SAFEWAY CLEAN EXCHANGE, said, “I don’t know the man, I don’t know the lady”, referring to Aziboala and Stella Robert, but I have dealt with Oneplus Holdings.”
“The transaction between me and the Zenith Bank officials is legal; there is nothing illegal about it.
“The Zenith Bank officials told me that the bank did not have enough dollar cash and asked me to source dollar from the black market for them. In all we transacted $6.6m. At times I paid Naira into an account provided by Amobi (Zenith Bank official) KAMARUDEEN DAHIRU.
“All these transactions were handled between, Amobi Odum, Obinna AMAECHI and Nnadozie. In my statement I did say I have never met One plus Holdings Nigeria Limited.”
Also testifying, CONFIDENCE IWADE, a marketer with CAPITALFIELD ENERGY & ALLIED SERVICE, admitted: “I don’t know them (referring to Robert and Stella) but my office had had dealing with Oneplus Holdings sometimes in 2014. ”
“We had transaction of $2m which Oneplus paid into my company’s account and the Naira equivalent paid into Kamarudeen Dahiru’s account. And this is a normal, legal business and which my company has also done with other companies.”
In the same vein, REMEGIUS UGWU, a compliance officer with Zenith Bank, submitted, “Personally I don’t know them (referring to Azibaola and Stella Robert), but I know Oneplus Holdings.”
The statements of the witnesses were however admiited by the judge. The Prosecution led by SYLVANUS TAHIR, submitted that they agency intended to call no fewer than 13 witnesses to prove its case against the defendants, adding that eight had so far been called to testify.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/alleged-40m-scam-drama-efcc-witnesses-deny-dealing-gejs-cousin-wife/

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by Nne5: 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
wow
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
This man was incarcerated by the EFCC and DSS for several months in the cell just because he served in GEJ administration and happened to be his cousin. The witnesses have vindicated the man. To me close relatives of GEJ are hounded for nothing. It is sad!

12 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
ourema:
This man was incarcerated by the EFCC and DSS for several months in the cell just because he served in GEJ administration and happened to be his cousin. The witnesses have vindicated the man. To me close relatives of GEJ are hounded for nothing. It is sad!
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by GavelSlam: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
ourema:

Businesses are run by human beings.

1 Like

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Businesses are run by human beings.
Please can you explain

1 Like

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lalasticala come and see if this is right. How can the EFCC and DSS deal with someone because he is GEJ cousin. If we say it is witch-hunt you people will say GEJ was corrupt. But his family members should not be harassed because they felt that the family members looted.
Lalasticlala it is not correct at all.
How you see am?

6 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nne5:
wow
Why wow?
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by drss2(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
wen GEJ said dat bauri dullard's govt is harrasing his family, d directionless govt denied as usual. well see d result of d media sham they call corruption fight. does lucking someone up just becos he's d cousin of GEJ look like fighting corruption dis is clear case witch hunting
wait n see. at d end of buari's tenure dis year, corruption will quadrible. wen dat happens, nijeriyans will begin to wonder whether d dullard fought kworoption.

7 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by samstradam: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
ourema:

Please can you explain

Sigh...........................

Heres an example, Germany unlawfully killed 6 million Jews, that is a fact and that is history.

Germany was run by a certain Adolf Hitler who killed 6 million Jews- it doesn't matter that his face wasn't the last thing the victims saw.... he ordered and championed the policy of extermination, he and the other leaders were/are held responsible till today.

Wether those useless witnesses saw the defendants or not a company cannot engage in corrupt practices without human beings pulling the strings.

But I know you and your likes know this already but choose to pretend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
samstradam:

But I know you and your likes know this already but choose to pretend.

When you say the above mentioned something about what you cannot substantiate about me is really sad

3 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by vengertime: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Buhari is a dead pig
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by lumenkristy: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Samstradsm you made no sense at all. Please reconstruct and repost
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
I know someone will disagree with me but I'm very sure that the president family is hounded but on the other hand I feel they also deserve it

1 Like

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by YoungB1a(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
k
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 3:53am On May 01, 2017
drss2:
wen GEJ said dat bauri dullard's govt is harrasing his family, d directionless govt denied as usual. well see d result of d media sham they call corruption fight. does lucking someone up just becos he's d cousin of GEJ look like fighting corruption dis is clear case witch hunting
wait n see. at d end of buari's tenure dis year, corruption will quadrible. wen dat happens, nijeriyans will begin to wonder whether d dullard fought kworoption.
Very true and direct
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 9:21pm On May 02, 2017
vengertime:
Buhari is a dead pig
I don't really like this
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by achieverme(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2017
W
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 10:49pm On May 02, 2017
achieverme:
W
W for Warri
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by achieverme(m): 4:54am On May 03, 2017
ourema:

W for Warri

Lie. W for Area
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by Blackfire(m): 5:15am On May 03, 2017
The way buharis family members will be hunted after his tenure will not be a child's play.. He has set things in motion.

BMC crew right now...

2 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by ourema(f): 7:00am On May 03, 2017
achieverme:

Lie. W for Area
Which nursery and primary school did you attend?
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by fitzmayowa: 7:26am On May 03, 2017
The loosing streak of EFCC continues, I begin to wonder the kind of corruption the Magu led EFCC claim to be fighting, when they keep messing up corruption cases in court like this.

EFCC will rant and rant on the pages of newspaper, but when it's time to deliver they will be found wanting.

IMHO, Magu should be fired immediately, because it seems he is not competent enough to handle the EFCC, he has practically lost all the corruption cases he is fighting in court...SMH

2 Likes

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by BrutalJab: 7:35am On May 03, 2017
useless efcc

1 Like

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by infohenry(m): 7:51am On May 03, 2017
fitzmayowa:
The loosing streak of EFCC continues, I begin to wonder the kind of corruption the Magu led EFCC claim to be fighting, when they keep messing up corruption cases in court like this.

EFCC will rant and rant on the pages of newspaper, but when it's time to deliver they will be found wanting.

IMHO, Magu should be fired immediately, because it seems he is not competent enough to handle the EFCC, he has practically lost all the corruption cases he is fighting in court...SMH
sometimes one is forced to reply post in this forum. That a witness said he does not know a company director means the case has been lost, do I need to know shell Md in Nigeria before I do business with the company. Education goes beyond certificate please use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by menstrualpad: 8:23am On May 03, 2017
infohenry:
sometimes one is forced to reply post in this forum. That a witness said he does not know a company director means the case has been lost, do I need to know shell Md in Nigeria before I do business with the company. Education goes beyond certificate please use your brain.
Follow your advice and use your brain....
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by fitzmayowa: 8:35am On May 03, 2017
infohenry:

I doubt if your comprehension skill is up to par, however I will advise "before you begin tear cloth ontop your deficiency in comprehension skill" you take your own advise and use your brain...

Good morning sir....
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by infohenry(m): 9:12am On May 03, 2017
fitzmayowa:

I doubt if your comprehension skill is up to par, however I will advise "before you begin tear cloth ontop your deficiency in comprehension skill" you take your own advise and use your brain...

Good morning sir....
keep deceiving yourself. Thank you for your advice.
Re: Alleged $40m Scam: Drama As EFCC Witnesses Deny Dealing With Gej’s Cousin, Wife by achieverme(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2017
ourema:

Which nursery and primary school did you attend?

Ourema Nursuru and Pamary skul tongue

(1) (Reply)

Osinbanjo's Resignation Letter Currently Being Drafted By Cabal / Nnamdi Kanu Reportedly Trounces Ojukwu With Biggest Title In Igboland / BIAFRA : IPOB Issues Stern Warning To Nigerian Army To Stay Clear Of Its Rallies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.