Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons (2072 Views)

Tunde Ednut And Joro Olumofin Are Fighting - Checkout Hilarious Meme Collection / DJ Cuppy Rents Whole Cinema To Watch "Black Panther" With Boyfriend Asa Asika / Timi Dakolo And His Wife, Busola Are Fighting? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by Enyinweofia: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Social Media has been abuzz with news and stories of President Muhammadu Buhari’s return to Nigeria, after 49 days in the UK. We all thought it would remain that way until someone commended superstar Nigerian artiste, Asa, on her ‘GTBank’ song – A Place to Be. The artiste responded with

"I wish that song will just go away already,not sure I will like to be associated with the bank tbh"

After the big shock, we decided to find out why the usually quiet Asa blasted the bank like this. And our findings revealed these 3 reasons.

PS: They are all speculative.

1. Breach of contract

In 2009, our eardrums were blessed with ‘The Place to Be’, an Asa classic, which was used by GTBank as their theme song. Every GTBank you entered then had the beautiful song wafting through their speakers, inspiring everyone to love the orange bank. We cannot confirm or deny that we know the full details of the agreement she had with GTBank, but according to our ‘sauces’ who pled anonymity, the Bank did more with the partnership than the agreement stated.

They used Asa on billboard ads, promotional materials, etc, when the agreement was allegedly for just the song. Asa wrote the bank several times and asked them to stop using her song, but they refused....

Full story here - https://lists.ng/asa-vs-gtbank-5-possible-reasons-beefing/

Re: Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by Drinokrane: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
K
Re: Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by Chikelue2000(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
Asa I love ur songs dear
U can remix GTbank as d title of ur new album, I will love it
Re: Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by Chikelue2000(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
Asa I love ur songs dear
Asa I love ur songs dear
Re: Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by NegeduGrace(f): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Asa I love ur songs dear

only you the occupy 3 plots of land..kilo shele?

1 Like

Re: Asa And Gtbank Are 'fighting', And These Are The Possible Reasons by Izzy002(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
NegeduGrace:
only you the occupy 3 plots of land..kilo shele?

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tanzanian Musician, Diamond Platnumz Gushes Over Female Fan Bum On Stage / instagram Auto Big Boy shades Hushpuppy / Diamond Platinum Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.