Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria (34559 Views)

Somadina Adinma Flaunts Girlfriend, Muna, Shows Off His New Queen / Sir Victor Uwaifo: "Simi Is In Trouble For Stealing From Me" / BBNaija: Simi Is Trending Over Her Outfit To The Eviction Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by magazineguy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
The Nigerian RnB music scene is activised by a healthy competition amongst artistes. This competition has seen several of these artistes take the spotlight of RnB music in Nigeria, albeit momentarily and at different times. The most protean aspect of the RnB community is the category of female artistes. The spot of hottest RnB artist in the female category has always been switching occupants and among those that have held the spot are Tiwa Savage, Seyi Shay, Chidinma, Waje and co.

The rich crop of female RnB artistes in Nigeria has made it possible for the industry not to lack in quality RnB sound, so much so that it has become an important musical export for us. This shows just about the size of listenership Nigerian RnB music commands.

In the midst of the competition for the spot of hottest female artiste, one among the many has managed to ascend to the spot. It is safe to say, she holds the spot with beaming confidence, showing no sign of wearing off in near time. Simi is the artiste that shines brightest amongst those in candidacy.

Simi who started with gospel music, has since evolved into a fine RnB artiste. In her growing portfolio, she has powerful hits such as Jamb Question, Tiff, Love Don’t Care and her most recent hit song, Smile for me. All these in addition to numerous songs she has featured on. Her reputation as a song writer and sound technicality has also help shoot her to high spot.

Interestingly, her music is not her only charm. She is further endeared to her fans by her lively and sportive character. She seem to be only fixed side of the popular love triangle in the music industry, the other two sides being Falz and Adekunle Gold.

The dominance of the X3M Music signee was on show at the 2016 HipHop Awards, as she swept most of the awards in her category. At the event, she got the award for Best RnB single, Best Vocal Performance (female) with her song, Love Dont Care. While her duet with Falz, Soldier won Best Collaboration and Best music video.

Simi already started 2017 on high note with Smile 4 me making the rounds already. Her achievements continued with her bagging a juicy endorsement deal with Etisalat. Considering the present look of the scene, Simi is the new Queen of RnB music in Nigeria. She looks set to dominate the category for as long as she maintains her mojo, and this is forecasted to be a longtime.

http://tushmagazine.com.ng/simi-new-queen-pop-music-nigeria/

cc

seun, lalasticala, mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by aristocrazzy: 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
There will never another simi, but there are so many tiwas coming up... For sure.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by mexxmoney: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mmmm, I don't agree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by ekems2017(f): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Who cares?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mtcheww

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by dont8(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Simi is bae, I fell in love with her JAMB Question the first time I listened to it and I was not disappointed with her sequel tracks like 'Tiff' and 'Love Don't Care'

But all the same, I'm happy we have so many talented female singers now, a deviation from the past where you can count the number of female artistes at your finger tips.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
dont8:
she has a long way to go.... Tiwa and seyi are far ahead

4 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by toseen7: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Queen of pop ke? I don't agree.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by sathel(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
This weather is killing me down dere
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
She is good, I give that to her.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Smarty345: 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Wetn fit cus am make cursor dey hang every minute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Who she EPP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Babysho(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
With her voice she ought to be doing more Alternative RnB
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by b3llo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Simi is Bae... I like her style of music easy to listen.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by lilkhaleefa1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
toh we don.hear

1 Like

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
What is pop?

1 Like

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by harffie(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Who be Simi?
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by trendymarseey(f): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
She's gat a lovely voice

1 Like

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by collitexnaira(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Op that is ur opinion nd urz alone, we here don't give a fvck
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Antoeni(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
She try ,but she no reach

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by landinfo: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
This is the work of a PR....Simi is still learning the ropes abeeeeg

4 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shimi!

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by pirees: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Simi is bae......me likey

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by olaolulazio(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hiss

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Smarty345:
Wetn fit cus am make cursor dey hang every minute

Recession

2 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Azeezat is the queen
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by ileogbenfidel(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Who write this rubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by clerkent(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
love her die
Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
In your house undecided

3 Likes

Re: See Why Simi Is The New Queen Of Pop Music In Nigeria by chelsea1116(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
She s a pure talent...her voice is heavenly...she s my best tho (my opinion o b4 ppl scata me nw)

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#TheExperience13: Akpororo Attacks Daddy Freeze During Performance / Burna Boy's Parents, Samuel & Bose Ogulu Mark 33rd Wedding Anniversary / Meet The Vice Presidential Candidates Of Pdp And Apc (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.