Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,951 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

“I Banged On The Hospital Door At 1 A.m. With My Daughter Screaming In Pain” - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “I Banged On The Hospital Door At 1 A.m. With My Daughter Screaming In Pain” (1000 Views)

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People / Lady Gives Birth To Baby Boy While Visiting Her Husband In The Hospital. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Banged On The Hospital Door At 1 A.m. With My Daughter Screaming In Pain” by NigHealthWatch: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
"Between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m., while most people were sleeping, I was driving around town, looking for medical care for my daughter who was in the middle of a painful crisis. I’m used to this. I’ve done it for years and it has become reflex. I don’t think twice about rushing out in the middle of night. For some reason, that’s when her crises usually begins or escalates beyond what I can handle.”

Nneoma is the mother of two beautiful girls, and works as a legal officer in Enugu. Her younger daughter has sickle cell anaemia, and over the years, Nneoma has learnt to manage this health challenge and put in place checks that will facilitate access to care for her daughter whenever a crisis arises. This time around, she thought her checks were in place as usual and so when her daughter started experiencing a crisis in the middle of the night, she sprang into action. But this time around events turned out differently.

"We use a hospital owned by a family friend. The staff have instructions to let us in and administer treatment no matter the time, but they recently changed staff. So this time, no one would open the door. I had her hematologist on the phone. He isn’t a staff of that hospital. However, I couldn’t reach the M.D. of the hospital to ask them to let us in. There I was, standing at the entrance at 1 a.m., alternately honking my horn and banging on the door with my daughter screaming in pain."

Click on link below to read full story
http://nigeriahealthwatch.com/i-banged-on-the-hospital-door-at-1-a-m-with-my-daughter-screaming-in-pain-the-difficulty-of-healthcare-access-in-nigeria/

Re: “I Banged On The Hospital Door At 1 A.m. With My Daughter Screaming In Pain” by Cutehector(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
When you have been warned about AA AS SS genotype and their compatibilities

1 Like

Re: “I Banged On The Hospital Door At 1 A.m. With My Daughter Screaming In Pain” by eyinjuege: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2017
Poor child..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Problem Being Naked In Front Of My Son - Uwanma / Elderly Couple Kill Themselves Because Dying Together Was Their Deepest Wish / How Do I Convince My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.