Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Qur'an Was Revealed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Qur'an Was Revealed (657 Views)

Prophetic Revelation On What Is Coming. That Was Revealed To Me By God / Pastor Adeboye: Osinbajo's Helicopter Crash Was Revealed To Me By God / Why Qur'an Is A Big Problem For The Atheists, Jews And The Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Qur'an Was Revealed by Abdulgaffar22: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Qur'an was revealed to amend so many things in the lives of human being. If not for the Qur’an, humanity would have been left with having negative and bad picture about God. Despite the fact that condemnation of a righteous and innocent soul is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew12:7, Proverbs17:15, Exodus23:7, Psalm34:22), the same believers in the Bible still believe that an Omnipotent and Merciful God MUST CURSE (Deuteronomy 21:23,Galatians 3:13) and condemn His only beloved and innocent son on the cross of Calvary in order to achieve a particular greater purpose like solving the problem of sin with humanity or rescuing the humanity from the bondage of Satan or redeeming the souls of humanity from eternal damnation. The doctrine of an only beloved and innocent son who was under the curse and condemnation of His own merciful and omnipotent Father is self contradictory and repugnant to human mind. Before the advent of Christianity, nobody would believe that such a doctrine can even exist. It is totally foreign and contradictory to our logical reasoning for God of love, mercy and justice to curse an innocent and righteous soul for any reason whatsoever. This is the reason why the message of atonement through Jesus crucifixion was a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the gentiles during the lifetime of Jesus’ apostles ( 1st Corinthians 1:23). But Paul managed to write some verses to solve this problem of logical contradiction inherent in this very doctrine. Such verses are as follows: The natural man does not receive the things of the spirit, for they are foolishness to him; he cannot understand them because they are spiritually discerned (1st Corinthians 2:14). For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing (1st Corinthians 1:18). Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men ( 1st Corinthians 1:25). This is the reason why many Christians see no logical problem again with the idea of “an innocent, beloved and righteous son who was under the curse and condemnation of his own merciful and omnipotent Father”. Therefore, base on the verses quoted above, Paul has succeeded in making the Christians to think that a spiritual religious doctrine which is completely foolish to our logical reasoning could actually be a great wisdom in the sight of God. But if Paul's assertion is really true, why would God of reason and rationality (Isaiah 1:18) ask a natural man to believe and accept a true spiritual doctrine that cannot be understood and completely foolish to his logical reasoning especially when that reasoning is the ONLY INSTRUMENT at his disposal to recognize that true spirituality in the midst of many fake spiritualities? If there is only one spirituality in the entire world of human being, then Paul may be right in his claim. But there are many spiritualities like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Confucianism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Baha’ism, Taoism and Sikhism. Since each of these spiritualities is claiming to be on the right path, it is now left for any natural man to use the only instrument (his logical reasoning) given to him by God to recognize the true spirituality in the midst of many fake spiritualities. This is exactly the reason why God must design the true spirituality in such a way that all its basic and fundamental doctrine does not in conflict with the basic logical reasoning He bestowed upon a natural man. A fundamental true spiritual doctrine may support or be neutral to basic logical reasoning bestowed upon natural man, but they will never be in conflict with each other. How could true spirituality designed by God and basic logical reasoning originated from the same God be in conflict with each other? If they can be in conflict with each other, then how can a natural man decide whether to accept or reject a true spiritual faith at first instance? Have you now seen how Paul get it wrong by asserting that “the natural man does not receive the things of the spirit, for they are foolishness to him”? Is true spirituality not meant to be accepted and embraced by natural man? Now that it is foolishness to him; how is he going to accept and embrace it? To see further that Paul is wrong in his claim; suppose you are invited by a friend to accept a religious faith that is very rich in spirituality. But one of its unique and fundamental doctrines you must embrace without question is that you have to believe that God MUST commit an act of lying in order to achieve a particular greater purpose (May God be Exalted and glorified above such behavior). Now answer the following questions; 1. Would you just accept such faith because of its spiritual richness or reject it because of its foolishness to your logical reasoning? 2. Would you not ask about the actual connections that exist between that greater purpose and the act of lying that must be committed by God before the purpose can be achieved? 3. Would you not ask why All- knowing and Omnipotent God decided, at first instance, to give preference for such irrational way of lying to achieve a greater purpose over many rational ways He can design and create from His infinite knowledge and unlimited power to achieve that greater purpose? 4. Would you just accept that the way and the thought of such a lying God is higher than your way and your thought? 5. Would you just accept that the foolishness of such a lying God is wiser than the wisdom of all men (see 1st Corinthians 1:25 quoted above)? 6. Would you just accept such faith relying on the fact that it has already been foretold many years ago in one old book that God would commit such act of lying? 7.Would you just accept such faith even if it is proclaimed that the act of lying commmited by such God only lasted for a very few period of time? Now ponder over these seven questions cited above and then compare this imaginary faith which proclaim that God MUST commit an act of lying in order to achieve a particular greater purpose with the Christian faith which also proclaim that God MUST curse (Galatians 3:13, Deuteronomy 21:23) and condemn an innocent and righteous soul on a cross of Calvary in order to achieve a particular greater purpose(like solving the problem of sin with humanity or rescuing the humanity from bondage of Satan or redeeming the souls of humanity from eternal damnation). Therefore, if you reject this imaginary faith because of its foolishness to your logical reasoning, then you must also reject Christianity since the two faiths are telling us the exact opposite of what we naturally know about God through our logical reasoning. As God is naturally known to ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER TO COMMIT AN ACT OF LYING for any greater purpose; He is also naturally known to ALWAYS BLESS THE INNOCENT AND RIGHTEOUS SOUL AND NEVER TO CURSE THE SAME SOUL for any greater purpose. God may allow an innocent and righteous soul to suffer for one reason or the other. But God would never "curse" an innocent and righteous soul for any reason whatsoever. It is now clear that even if there are some spiritual benefits in the inner rooms of a true faith, there is still need for the logical reasoning to take us to the main door of those inner rooms at first encounter. But as we have pointed above, the doctrine of a merciful, omnipotent and All-knowing God who cursed and condemned his only beloved and innocent son on the cross of Calvary for a particular greater purpose is totally in conflict with what we naturally know about God through our logical reasoning; yet this is one of the fundamental doctrines you must embrace wholeheartedly for you to become a serious and devoted Christian. Therefore, there is need for God to send another prophet to remove this negative and bad picture of God from the minds of the general humanity. This is one of the many reasons why Qur’an was revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). In the Holy Qur’an, God removed this negative and bad impression from the minds of the people by declaring that, in a miraculous way, Jesus escaped death on the cross (Qur’an 4:157-158). In this way, the "curse of God" associated with any one that is crucified and died on a cross according to the Jewish law (Deuteronomy 21:23, Galatians 3:13) was removed from the head of our beloved and innocent prophet called Jesus Christ(peace be upon him). This is exactly in line with the prayer of Jesus to God in the garden of Gethsemane when he asked for this “cup of condemnation” to be taken away from him in THREE consecutive times as stated clearly in Matthew 26:36-44. Therefore, an illogical idea of God cursing an innocent and a righteous soul on a cross in order to achieve a particular greater purpose is far away from the truth. The fact that the Holy Qur’an is the only religious book on earth that remove this negative and bad impression about God from the minds of the general humanity is a very great indicator that the book could never have come from no other person except God Himself.
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by hopefulLandlord: 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
A rug rider crawls into a cave in the 7th Century CE, the Angel Gabriel appears out of nowhere and whispers words of profound wisdom to the rider. Gabriel's whisperings are then somehow documented by the rider for all Eternity as the Words of God for the future benefit of Mankind.

Fast forward to the 20th century CE. Erwin Schrodinger picks up his pencil and proceeds to write out the Wave Equation of the Universe which replaces the role of Newton's laws and conservation of energy in classical mechanics. It is an equation in terms of a wave function which predicts analytically and precisely the probability of events to within an accuracy of 10-decimal places.

Why does anyone in the 21st century CE, astonishingly, still give any credence to the writings of a delusional 7th century ignorant goat herder who claimed an angel spoke to him in a cave? Apparently there are still approximately 1.5-billion or more Neanderthals out there who still "believe". Beats me!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by mustymatic(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
A rug rider crawls into a cave in the 7th Century CE, the Angel Gabriel appears out of nowhere and whispers words of profound wisdom to the rider. Gabriel's whisperings are then somehow documented by the rider for all Eternity as the Words of God for the future benefit of Mankind.

Fast forward to the 20th century CE. Erwin Schrodinger picks up his pencil and proceeds to write out the Wave Equation of the Universe which replaces the role of Newton's laws and conservation of energy in classical mechanics. It is an equation in terms of a wave function which predicts analytically and precisely the probability of events to within an accuracy of 10-decimal places.

Why does anyone in the 21st century CE, astonishingly, still give any credence to the writings of a delusional 7th century ignorant goat herder who claimed an angel spoke to him in a cave? Apparently there are still approximately 1.5-billion or more Neanderthals out there who still "believe". Beats me!!!
How you copy and paste this from a previous post beats me too grin
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by hopefulLandlord: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2017
mustymatic:

How you copy and paste this from a previous post beats me too grin

it was MY post, so I have the right to copy and paste it 1000000000000000000000*625373837462 times if I damn please

2 Likes

Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 11, 2017
Believe your quran and your mohammed. Even in the olden days, Israelites seek forgiveness with sacrifises. Jesus was sacrifised once and for all. Well, you are a muslim. Keep what you know.

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by mustymatic(m): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

it was MY post, so I have the right to copy and paste it 1000000000000000000000*625373837462 times if I damn please
Well, it doesn't make sense anyways
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by Abdulgaffar22: 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Are you going to accept the imaginary faith I made mention in the main post? If you reject it, then you must also reject Christianity. As God is known to always telling the truth and never to commit an act of lying for any greater purpose; God is also known to always BLESS and never to CURSE an innocent and righteous soul for any greater purpose. This is a simple logic we can use to test whether Christian faith is true or false. God will never come down to say "so and so religion is fake. God has given human being enough wisdom to know some certain things. It is now left for us to use this wisdom judiciously without letting our emotions and the love for the religion in which we were born to divert us from accepting the truth.
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by annunaki2(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nonsensical post! Just reading through the quoran will provide conclusive evidence that it is the hallucinations of a demon possessed narcissistic mad man. That apart the history of the quoran and how it was compiled poorly arranged by the successors to mohammed proves that there was nothing divine about it. Thirdly the fact the quoran has inspired more hatred, violence and death than all other books in history combined proves that it must have demonic origins and is certainly not of the one true God.
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by hopefulLandlord: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
mustymatic:

Well, it doesn't make sense anyways

lolz

you mean I cut through your nonsensical, illogical and senseless belief in one post grin
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by mustymatic(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lolz

you mean I cut through your nonsensical, illogical and senseless belief in one post grin
LoL
That's not my belief Nigga, it is wat u believe
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by hopefulLandlord: 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
mustymatic:
LoL That's not my belief Nigga, it is wat u believe
its good to know you don't believe angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed in a cave

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by mustymatic(m): 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

its good to know you don't believe angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed in a cave
OK
Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by plainbibletruth: 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:
Qur'an was revealed to ............? ? ? so many things in the lives of human being. If not for the Qur’an, humanity would have been left with having .... (PEACE?)

Most people will agree that man by nature is sinful.

Only Christianity offers a solution to the sin problem (unless islam does consider sin and sinning to be of any importance will the issue of solution be key). God's only son Jesus came to live the perfect life for us all, and to suffer the punishment for man's sin.

There had to be a punishment for sin. Jesus because he was perfect satisfied God's demands adequately. In this way God's demand for obedience was met while at the same time extending his mercy toward sinful men.

Only the Messiah, whom the Quran called perfect (Surah 19:19) is righteous enough to take away the sin of the world.
Whilst no SINNER qualifies to die for other sinners Jesus Christ, because he is SINLESS, qualified to pay the bailout price for man's sin.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son—that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16)

1 Like

Re: Why Qur'an Was Revealed by Douglaufuoma(m): 11:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:
Are you going to accept the imaginary faith I made mention in the main post? If you reject it, then you must also reject Christianity. As God is known to always telling the truth and never to commit an act of lying for any greater purpose; God is also known to always BLESS and never to CURSE an innocent and righteous soul for any greater purpose. This is a simple logic we can use to test whether Christian faith is true or faith. God will never come down to say "so and so religion is fake. God has given human being enough wisdom to know some certain things. It is now left for us to use this wisdom judiciously without letting our emotions and the love for the religion in which we were born to divert us from accepting the truth.
if you claim so, then what is the offence of Esau? Malachi 1:2-3 declares, “’I have loved
you,’” says the LORD. But you ask, 'How have
you loved us?' ‘Was not Esau Jacob's brother?’
the LORD says. ‘Yet I have loved Jacob, but
Esau I have hated, and I have turned his
mountains into a wasteland and left his
inheritance to the desert jackals.’” what is then the relevance of exodus 33:19 Then He said, “I will make all My goodness
pass before you, and I will proclaim the name
of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to
whom I will be gracious, and I will have
compassion on whom I will have compassion.” which date and year was Jesus born, which date and year was He killed? does that deny is existence. the bible is not like the Koran, we don't fight for our God, He do for Himself. don't say what you can't sxplain

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleiman Blames Current Saga on Kaduna state Governor El Rufai / Aliens Are Coming / Seed Of Destiny 18/05/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.