Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop (3864 Views)

Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / My Pop Corn Always Burns When I Add Sugar while On Stove, Pls Help. / If You Want To Learn How To Make All Kinds Of Snacks This Is For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by wisolo(m): 1:56am On Mar 11, 2017
please, I make pop corn in my house with a pop corn pot. But I have been experiencing so many problems.
1. My pop corn always burns and instead being white or milk in colour, it is brown.
2. Only few corns pop

please what could be the cause?
is it that I buy bad corns or bad species?
is it as a result of the quantity of oil I use or the type of oil I use? although I have also tried using butter.
Is it as a result of my pot? (tower pot)?
Is it as a result of the level of heat I use? (I use a gas cooker and I increase it to the highest).
Is it as a result of when I put my sugar and flavour?

please help me, those of you who make pop corn, your ideas will be so much appreciated.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 11, 2017
Don't forget to stir
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by okirewaju(f): 3:43am On Mar 11, 2017
Do you use foreign corn?

I use foreign corn and I have never had issued with corn not popping

Reduce the gas cooker control to medium and not the highest

This is how I prepare mine:

I put my pot on the fire and drizzle oil on it when it is dry, put 3 seed of corn then cover.

When the 3 seed pops, I pour my corn and then let it pop till I hear less of the popping sound

I bring down the pot, sprinkle sugar and milk, stir very well then put it back on the fire for few seconds and that's all
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
someone should ressurect this thread. I'm into popcorn bizz
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by Aimerosa25(f): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2020
10kgod:
someone should ressurect this thread. I'm into popcorn bizz
I can teach u how I do mine it's for home consumption.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Aimerosa25:
I can teach u how I do mine it's for home consumption.

Ma, I wanna commercialize my own. Can you recommend flavour to use?
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
can someone recommend flavour that will disturb people... that will force Them to buy popcorn
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by Aimerosa25(f): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
10kgod:

Ma, I wanna commercialize my own. Can you recommend flavour to use?
pm me I'll tell u more .
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Aimerosa25:
pm me I'll tell u more .
done
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by cynhamscakes(f): 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=10kgod post=91955022]can someone recommend flavour that will disturb people... that will force Them to buy popcorn [/quote

Milk zest and vanilla flavours.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by cynhamscakes(f): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
10kgod:
can someone recommend flavour that will disturb people... that will force Them to buy popcorn

Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2020
cynhamscakes:

Thanks. have tried milk zest but I don't really like its work. I think I will have to try vanilla flavour. thank you.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
locally made pop corn machines are available at osogbo
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by Astrogeotech01: 4:54am On Oct 02, 2021
Are u still in business
10kgod:

Thanks. have tried milk zest but I don't really like its work. I think I will have to try vanilla flavour. thank you.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop My Pop Corn From Burning And Make All The Corn Pop by 10kgod(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
Astrogeotech01:
Are u still in business

Nop.... No

(1) (Reply)

How I Prepare Ukwa (Breadfruit), A Very Special Delicacy (Photos & Video) / Baking Blog / Do You Still Eat Bitter Kola? Here Are What It Does To Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.