Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,440 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign (30393 Views)

Charly Boy, Jim Iyke, Aisha Yesufu At Anti-Buhari Resume Or Resign Protest (Pic) / Charly Boy Collapses At The Resume Or Resign Protest In Abuja / Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Ogashub(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
sad
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by deebsman1(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Some idiots and their weightless rants thou, shey make d man turned himself to mW nii? I traveled thru lag-ib express yesterday again, I was impressed by what I saw. Fashola is working

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Adonkia(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
SHUT UP !!!
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Wahala dey
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by repogirl(f): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Me am enjoying light in my house sha.....It's been good since Osinbajo took over. grin

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by SBG04: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2017
Mr dumb IPOD man of the Campaign for democracy, the power sector in Nigeria has been privatised! If you don't have power go to your local DISCO and complain and not the government.
I don't know what you expect the Minister of power to do when your IPOD cousins in the ND are blowing pipelines conveying gas to the power stations. If we even want to go down that blame route, Ibe kachukwu is more culpable for the power problems in Nigeria than Fashola. He's in charge of the oil and gas infrastructure. Pipelines are his responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by erico2k2(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Power generation is not rocket science.... Fashola.

The Igbos should kip kwayet.... Are they deaf to the complaints about our transmissions and distribution grid been unable to take more power that is being generated ... Hence leading to the wastage of generated power?
Are they not all same ? If he is capable he would have formulated a policy to checkmate the DISCOs Let's see if they won sit up like the telecoms
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Kenmoris22: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2017
SamuelAnyawu:
grin grin grin

Propaganda Goverment cry cry cry 2019 where art thou? cry
talking more and doing less
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
yashau:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/power-failure-fashola-gets-30-day-ultimatum-revive-power-sector-resign/

most important need my foot...

what about roads??...

give the guy more money una no gre...

a nation that only cares about hiring more and more office workers....

not everybody can work in the office...

nigerians suppose to be to 98% farmers and 2% in goverment..

imitating america but always forgeting that america owe 20trillion dollars...una are not serious...
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by ehikwe22: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
I found out Buhari has more than 9 media and propaganda aids and a ministry of information that has lots of SAs with their own SAs while allocating 3 very important ministries to one man. This clearly shows this government never planned to work. They're prepared to fail from the beginning. The reason they have so many propaganda outlets
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by AreaFada2: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Power generation is not rocket science.... Fashola.

The Igbos should kip kwayet.... Are they deaf to the complaints about our transmissions and distribution grid been unable to take more power that is being generated ... Hence leading to the wastage of generated power?

So he didn't know jack about challenges of the power industry before claiming it is not rocket science? After 8 years as a governor?

You are judged by what you promise to deliver. But by now we know that APC was just promising gullible Nigerians anything.
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by khalids: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
In my own opinion, it appears that there is a group within Nigeria that does not want this power problem fixed. When Barth Nnaji was in charge the power situation was getting the needed attention and we were beginning to see improvements in power supply. Then all of a sudden he was forced to resign based on some technicalities......

If this problem was considered serious enough they should never have allowed the guy resign.

As for Fashola only he can tell us what the challenges are that is preventing improvements in power supply...

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by mmsen: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2017
IgweBUIKE1:
is anybody sure that fashola is still in Nigeria? cos I don't hear hear anything about him or even from him... Wetin dey happen abi him Don go vacation for UK too

All the useless elements who were running their mouths in 2014 - 2016 are dead quiet now.

People such as Fashola and El-Rufai who were everywhere offering their opinions on everything are quiet and invisible because we can all see that
a) Kaduna is insecure

and

b) the Ministry of Power and Works is impeding development in Nigeria, as Ambode said recently.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by profhezekiah: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2017
We always av light here in Epe after terrible black out during GEJ time
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by shamecurls(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2017
Do they need power in the South-East...?

Next news please!
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2017
AreaFada2:

So he didn't know jack about challenges of the power industry before claiming it is not rocket science? After 8 years as a governor?

You are judged by what you promise to deliver. But by now we know that APC was just promising gullible Nigerians anything.

give him more money...and stop criticizing the guy on wrong reasons....

jonathan had surplus of money but nothing happend...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Our universities which are frontiers of knowledge and research break through are busy collecting bribes and allowing plagiarised project year in year out . what do u expect? Our failure as a country is as a result of the failure of our educational system coupled with bureaucratic bottle necks and politicising everything from secondary needs to basic needs. its that bad. we cannot rely on hydro and gas power generation alone. it's high time we devise a means to take off some communities from the national grid and Feed them with renewable energy sources such as wind or solar and allow them to of course manage it within their community just as is obtained in some advanced country. Let's start from somewhere, run pilot project, test and retest. if not the government should totally privatised the sector or run a PPP on the sector. its that simple. we do not really need to score cheap political score with something as basic as electricity which is a driver of every economic development.
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by soldierdollar(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2017
Good one. If you. Ant deliver leave the office
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by fixmykey(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2017
lets not react negatively. FASHOLA was the best after Latiff Jakande in Lagos state. His stewardship as the governor to lagos state was a success. Fashola i know is a meticulous person. If he fails are minister to power then i doubt if anybody can write the wrong
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by do4luv14(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2017
sinistermind:
This man should have done the honourable thing since and resigned. I don't hate Fashola but the statement he made about a serious govt fixing power within 6months shot him in the foot.

ma brother , you see wetin dey happen now,
we are in the 2nd year 1st quarter, yet its been worster than it ws
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Sylvaxxl1(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2017
This light issue is way beyond what we see on the surface.
it goes to show the level of corruption in this country. Do you think these oil product importers will allow it to work just like that? Look at how much companies spend on diesel on a daily basis even you who's talking I'm sure you power your house via generators. Just imagine how much you spend or is it those who sell generators.
Look I've been opportune to be involved in various types of businesses n have seen how much these guys make. These people are influential in the country and you can't just come and remove their daily bread from them. They'll fight you with all their might n power.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2017
johnpaul9867:
big congrats to VIP members those that called me yesterday, to buy today's fixed game with 300 odds,i have not been around for a while but now i am back with ,for my old members you know how to subscribe and for new member who want to win, please call or whatsapp the number in the picture below to subscribe ok,not free, please is only for serious mind and those who have the heart to stake high.

isnt fixing games illegal...??...
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2017
Sylvaxxl1:
This light issue is way beyond what we see on the surface.
it goes to show the level of corruption in this country. Do you think these oil product importers will allow it to work just like that? Look at how much companies spend on diesel on a daily basis even you who's talking I'm sure you power your house via generators. Just imagine how much you spend or is it those who sell generators.
Look I've been opportune to be involved in various types of businesses n have seen how much these guys make. These people are influential in the country and you can't just come and remove their daily bread from them. They'll fight you with all their might n power.

they dont get it..we allowed greedy people to take over the power sector....

privatization my foot....

jonathan is a moronn...
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by shamecurls(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2017

God bless Babatunde Raji Fashola!
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2017
what the hell is a disco...

we should take back the power sector by force from private people..

privatization was a scam...
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by rovher: 10:29am On Mar 11, 2017
yashau:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/power-failure-fashola-gets-30-day-ultimatum-revive-power-sector-resign/ modified- Igbos and hatred are like okotoko and Clifford Orji, hnmm na waooo" meanwhile On Friday at UBA bank, Bauchi, in Bauchi state, a Fulani man goes to the ATM and withdraws all his money. Then goes inside the same bank and deposit the same money he withdrew telling the bank officer that, my money is not safe outside in the ATM...people are just withdrawing anyhow and they may end up withdrawing my money. Keep my money inside the bank.
Can u imagine... Lmaooo
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by buffalowings: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2017
TrueSenator:
Why all the reckless utterances angry angry angry angry angry Atleast let Fashola maintain power on those grids the way he met it undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
4000 is now less than 1000 mega watts.......what kind of mathematics is that undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by bantudra: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2017
i remember 3years ago when the debate about privatization came up in nairaland..

especialy the easteners were for it..
i was completly against it...

una dont understand how privatization works but una wanted it by fire by force..

always longthroating to western nations...

what a pity...
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by buffalowings: 10:36am On Mar 11, 2017
soldierdollar:

In fact the iPob are very much aware . They pretend to be deaf . The Igbos should have known that they (Igbos) are responsible for increasing the capacity of the transmission and distribution systems. They should know that the duty of the ministry of power rests on the shoulders of Igbos to checkmate , control and oversee the capacity of the power lines .
grin grin grin

sarcasm at its finest
Re: Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2017
That's what happened wen u don't elected d ryt candidate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike: Atiku appoints Secondus, Oyinlola, Anyim, Saraki, Others As Advisers / Suicide Bombers Attack Mosque, 25 Persons Killed / Profile Of Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (NNPP Presidential Candidate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.