Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning (557 Views)

5 Options To Repair Or Replace A Cracked Or Broken Tooth / 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / Underwear Mistakes You Are Making As A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning by VastfinderBlog(m): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2017
Of course we know you brush your teeth every day and you have heard that poor dental care has been linked to heart diseases. However, if you don’t know there are other health maladies linked to poor oral health hygiene one of which is erectile dysfunction, this is according to the American Dental Association (ADA).

Despite the fact that you brush regularly, there is no doubt that you are making one of these mistakes. Here are mistakes and the fixes for each—to help keep your teeth, heart, and pen*s performing their best.

You don’t clean at the right time of day
In this part of the world, brushing your teeth before going to bed is usually ignored. However, according to experts, your toothbrush should be the last thing that your teeth touch at night. This is because, eating or snacking before you sleep significantly raises your risk for cavities if food stays lodged in between your teeth.

Also, morning brushing is very important because the protective saliva production slows down when you are asleep and this makes the bacteria in your mouth multiply faster. Brush twice a day for at least 2 minutes, making sure you spend 30 seconds on each quadrant (your upper left teeth, your upper right teeth, and so on).

You use the wrong brush
This is not about how hard your brush is, it is about getting the right brush that can slip under your gum tissues. Often times, soft bristle toothbrushes are better off because they can help dislodge any plague stuck in there. This is because if the plagues in your teeth are not removed,you have a high risk of developing gum disease.

Brushing with a medium or hard model—and using excessive pressure—can cause your gums to recede and expose the surface of your roots, or the bottom of your teeth. Since the root surface isn’t as hard as the exposed enamel-covered part of your teeth, scrubbing this area can wear it away more easily and cause little cavities.

You follow the wrong technique
A few straight strokes won’t get the job done. Position the handle of your brush so the bristles point at a 30- to 45-degree angle when they touch your gum tissue. Rotate your wrist in a circular motion to effectively remove the plaque. When you move behind your front teeth, you should turn your tool vertically to better reach the entire tooth. And make sure to give special attention to the back of your mouth, since that area normally hides the largest amount of plaque.

You don’t rinse
Even as an adult, many people swallow when brushing and some spit out the toothpaste. But dentist advises that these acts don’t totally remove all the harmful things from your mouth. You can use an alcohol-free mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide and if you don’t have a mouthwash, wash thoroughly with water.

You ignore tongue
Your tongue traps harmful bacteria, too. Food or debris can easily get stuck in the crevices between the carpet-like strands, known as papillae, on the surface of your tongue. For a healthier mouth, scrap your tongue thoroughly each time you brush.

You don’t replace your brush
The national standard for brush replacement is every 3 or 4 months because an average brush contains more than 10 million bacteria. Moreover, worn out brushes and bristles won’t effectively remove plaque or bacteria. And if you’ve been sick, swap out your brush immediately. Residual bacteria and viruses from an illness can cling to the brush and potentially re-infect you.

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/03/6-tooth-brushing-mistakes-you-make.html

Re: 6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning by aristocrazzy: 7:48am On Mar 11, 2017
Some people's toothbrush is starting to look like my chewing stick. grin
Re: 6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning by Oliviaxx(f): 8:22am On Mar 11, 2017
hmm. ok ooo....off to practise No.3
Re: 6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning by engrMikemd(m): 8:26am On Mar 11, 2017
we prefer shewing stick here
Re: 6 Tooth-Brushing Mistakes You Make Every Morning by Justeenaleo(f): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2017
My toothbrush Cannot be the last thing to touch my teeth sad I chew while I sleep and I can decide to wake up in the middle of the night and chew. eeepppp me

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Age Limit For Gynecomastia Surgery? / Nairalanders / SPECIAL REPORT: Nigeria’s Dilapidated Phcs Use Torchlights For Birth Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.