Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

How To Build Your Business From Scratch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Your Business From Scratch (19261 Views)

"Growing Your Business From Scratch To Cash", it is now FREE. / 4 Ways To Protect Your Online Business From Credit Card Fraud / Start An Export Business From Home With No Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2017
I have often advocated in my previous threads that every Nigerian should at least own a business. This is the fastest way to alleviate poverty. In as much as the government keeps sharing bags of rice and other stipends, people will continue to suffer because their immediate desire is being met but their long term need is left unattended to.
In this article, I want to highlight the basic steps you can take so as to start your own business. These steps are applicable to both online and offline businesses.

1. Generate an idea:

This looks like the easiest part, but it is not. This is where many businesses crashed even before they took off. As opposed to what many people think, an idea is not just what comes to your mind randomly and you feel is noble for a business. An idea is a need that you recognize which has the potential to fetch you money while you need it. The idea you have will be stronger if it comes from having been in a position/place to see or experience for yourself what you need or what others need. Once you can feel that need (and not just think it) it will create in you the passion for the business.

2. Acquire necessary information:

Now that you have come up with a brilliant idea, it is time to gather facts. I talked with someone last month who started a business which he was already pumping money into but had no idea how the business runs. That’s pathetic. At this point, you need to acquire information so as to understand the dynamics of the business, the population of the market, the competitors etc. Once again, don’t assume; instead, do research. Carry out market surveys, visit those already in the business to see things for yourself and get acquainted to the “how” of the business.

3. Time to brainstorm:

Now you have your idea and you have the basic information about the line of business that you want to delve into. It is now time to think. It will surprise you that very few people think. Most people just act solely on instincts. That is not good for business. Brainstorm on what you can do better, how you can cut down on production cost, how you can seize your own share of the market, what you can do to give you an edge over your competitors etc.

4. Create a simple business plan:

The business plan will serve as your guide. Yes, you know everything already and it is in your head but still, write it down. Research has shown that whatever you write down on a piece of paper actually burns deep into your mind which in turn makes you naturally conscious of it. Write down the basics of the business plan such as your vision, your mission, objectives, strategy, SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) etc. Once you do this, you will have a clear cut direction of where you are headed. remember the 6p formula that says "proper prior planning prevents poor performance"

5. Do Reviews from time to time:

Set aside time to periodically assess your business. This goes beyond the daily or weekly inquiry into the profits of your business. When you do a review, you take a holistic look at your business to find out what is not working and what you can do to improve it. Often, you will find out strategies that are obsolete and ineffective. Also, you may notice a strategy giving you unusual hits. Whatever the case may be, ensure you prune the business regularly so it will yield more growth for your business. Zoom into methods that work and let go of those that are not working.

6. Learn to identify opportunities:

There are plenty opportunities that you can take advantage of to boost your business. It may be in the form of publicity for your business or even loans or grants. Learn to look out for them. In fact, those with businesses are more likely to be picked than those without one if an opportunity shows up. Don’t assume that such opportunities are not for you. Take the leap wherever and whenever you can. If you do, it will give accelerated growth to your business.

7. Get a mentor/Model:

This is highly important in virtually every field of human endeavor. The tragedy of the youths of today is to think strength is a substitute for experience. A mentor is someone that models the success that you desire. For this purpose, such a person will be very valuable to provide you with tips and insights that he/she has gleaned over the years through experience. In this way, you will achieve success with greater precision and have little room for failure.
Never assume that owning a business is difficult. The hardest part is to start. Once you start, you have conquered the fear and procrastination that many are still battling with. Nevertheless, with enough information, planning and action, you can grow your business over time.

Bearing all these in mind, I have created a guide for you to start your business right away with little or no capital through affiliate marketing @ www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2017
.See What Some Of Those That Have Learn About My Affiliate Marketing Strategies Are Saying

leppyj:
Just got the affliiate jagaban pack,from importexpert (a man with heart of gold). Importexpert is trusted and tested since the days of mini importation till now. I know he will not dissapoint as usual.

MasterRahl:
I have bought the e-book and I must say it is quite revealing. It was delivered straight to my e-mail in PDF immediately I paid for it. I shaall start practicing what I've read in it this year. Procrastination is the thief of time.
By the way, I'll contact you if I have any challenge. Good work ImportExpert. cool

echobazz:
Jagaban I really admire your e-book,The cost of acquiring the e-book is no where near the content in it.Thanks for your support.

IsaacBuchi:

A lot of people dont appreciate when they are given gold. Some people are narrow minded...some refuse to think out-of-the-box. This guy has released in his ebook all you need to use your brain. I was shocked at the powerful content of the ebook. Every Nigerian deserves to read that gaddamn book. That book has the power to take half of Nigeria's population out of poverty.

This guyz ebook is a gold for Nigerians, I can testify to it- I bought the book. His ebook kept me glued in a chair for over an hour in a stretch- I was reading non-stop...amazed at how someone in Nigeria can release such a powerful idea that alot of people want to hide (and know only themselves).

This guyz ebook saves you years of trial an error. He takes you right past through to the main things. With his ebook, I dont see what should stop anybody ever again in Nigeria from doing and succeeding in online business. He has done the thinking for you, he has done the errors for you.

This guy is a blessing from heaven...this guy is gold...this guy is more of what Nigerians need...this guy is more than a master....this guy has love in his heart (through love indeed....i can vouch for this guy, over and over and over again.)

So please dont come hear to make comment and say "he is selling books of 3000naira". How much did you expect the book to be before. The book is worth over 50,000naira. If he tells you to pay 50k, can you pay it? How much is Facebook advert? $5 (what will Zuckberg do with $5?).

You should understand that he has created something of value out of a loving heart, he definitly should get some credit or reward. He is simply making money from doing what he loves. So why the side talk?

He is simply practicing what he preach- he is making money online. Something you can not do, something you dont know how to do...and he is willing to teach you for just 3000naira and you are complaining and thinking he wants to extort from you- because he ask you to pay him what he rightly deserves (absolutely crazy kind of thinking). But you will still be the same person to go to Night Clubs and spend 20,000naira in one night (invest in the right things). Some people just sit and watch success pass them by and later the begin to wonder why they are poor.

Please, I have said enough. If you are not interested in online means of earning a living, please, and please do not discourage others from taking a right step.

No hard feelings...just trying to correct you.

wonderiyke:
I have equally gotten mine. I got it within 1hr of completing the instructions in the sale site & contacting the Jagaban on phone. The book is quite revealing. I'm doing my best to comprehend. I wish the Jagaban could also do a video that can still be affordable for us.

wonderiyke:

Wow! I'm really blown away by your passion to see people succeed. Thanks bro and may your light burn even brighter this 2017. Happy new year.

You Can See My Secret Strategies At www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by eph12(m): 10:14am On Mar 11, 2017
Following
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2017
I love this one. At least you didn't talk about affiliate marketing again. .

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by MhizKristy(f): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Wooo
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by nmreports: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Makes sense.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by momodub: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice info
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by helphelp: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
I bin think say I go see number of cements, blocks e.t.c
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
the most important is favor from the most high God....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
eph12:
Following

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by feran15(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
this importexport guy must have a deal with seun or nairaland mods. always front page sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2017
nmreports:
Makes sense.

thanks bro.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by kingPhidel(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2017
So what is your own business that you've from the scratch.
importexpert:
I have often advocated in my previous threads that every Nigerian should at least own a business. This is the fastest way to alleviate poverty. In as much as the government keeps sharing bags of rice and other stipends, people will continue to suffer because their immediate desire is being met but their long term need is left unattended to.
In this article, I want to highlight the basic steps you can take so as to start your own business. These steps are applicable to both online and offline businesses.

1. Generate an idea:

This looks like the easiest part, but it is not. This is where many businesses crashed even before they took off. As opposed to what many people think, an idea is not just what comes to your mind randomly and you feel is noble for a business. An idea is a need that you recognize which has the potential to fetch you money while you need it. The idea you have will be stronger if it comes from having been in a position/place to see or experience for yourself what you need or what others need. Once you can feel that need (and not just think it) it will create in you the passion for the business.

2. Acquire necessary information:

Now that you have come up with a brilliant idea, it is time to gather facts. I talked with someone last month who started a business which he was already pumping money into but had no idea how the business runs. That’s pathetic. At this point, you need to acquire information so as to understand the dynamics of the business, the population of the market, the competitors etc. Once again, don’t assume; instead, do research. Carry out market surveys, visit those already in the business to see things for yourself and get acquainted to the “how” of the business.

3. Time to brainstorm:

Now you have your idea and you have the basic information about the line of business that you want to delve into. It is now time to think. It will surprise you that very few people think. Most people just act solely on instincts. That is not good for business. Brainstorm on what you can do better, how you can cut down on production cost, how you can seize your own share of the market, what you can do to give you an edge over your competitors etc.

4. Create a simple business plan:

The business plan will serve as your guide. Yes, you know everything already and it is in your head but still, write it down. Research has shown that whatever you write down on a piece of paper actually burns deep into your mind which in turn makes you naturally conscious of it. Write down the basics of the business plan such as your vision, your mission, objectives, strategy, SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) etc. Once you do this, you will have a clear cut direction of where you are headed. remember the 6p formula that says "proper prior planning prevents poor performance"

5. Do Reviews from time to time:

Set aside time to periodically assess your business. This goes beyond the daily or weekly inquiry into the profits of your business. When you do a review, you take a holistic look at your business to find out what is not working and what you can do to improve it. Often, you will find out strategies that are obsolete and ineffective. Also, you may notice a strategy giving you unusual hits. Whatever the case may be, ensure you prune the business regularly so it will yield more growth for your business. Zoom into methods that work and let go of those that are not working.

6. Learn to identify opportunities:

There are plenty opportunities that you can take advantage of to boost your business. It may be in the form of publicity for your business or even loans or grants. Learn to look out for them. In fact, those with businesses are more likely to be picked than those without one if an opportunity shows up. Don’t assume that such opportunities are not for you. Take the leap wherever and whenever you can. If you do, it will give accelerated growth to your business.

7. Get a mentor/Model:

This is highly important in virtually every field of human endeavor. The tragedy of the youths of today is to think strength is a substitute for experience. A mentor is someone that models the success that you desire. For this purpose, such a person will be very valuable to provide you with tips and insights that he/she has gleaned over the years through experience. In this way, you will achieve success with greater precision and have little room for failure.
Never assume that owning a business is difficult. The hardest part is to start. Once you start, you have conquered the fear and procrastination that many are still battling with. Nevertheless, with enough information, planning and action, you can grow your business over time.

Bearing all these in mind, I have created a guide for you to start your business right away with little or no capital through affiliate marketing @ www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2017
helphelp:
I bin think say I go see number of cements, blocks e.t.c

it was viewed from a different perspective cheesy
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by princeonx: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2017
Cool
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Olateef(m): 11:16am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Diplomaticbeing(m): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2017
Understanding that realism is different from idealism and embracing the former is the first step towards building a lasting business. Also, knowing that information is different from knowledge and embracing the latter is a virtue/secret that will make you flourish. Then, choosing your team wisely will make you a success. . . Sentiment and conceit are the most potent banes of failure.

Meanwhile, the most lurid misconception ever is the layman's propagation that one must lie/deceive (be perfidious) to his customers and partners to achieve success in business. On the contrary, honesty remains the best policy in business. One can never be smart without being honest. Perfidiousness isn't cleverness.

All the same, kudos OP.

4 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2017
Stevoohlicent:
the most important is favor from the most high God....

yes it is important but you have to do your home work. to understand the concept of favor from the most high better, i will advice that you read "you were born rich by bob proctor" especially the passage on lets go and let God. it will help you to understand it in a more profitable way.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by Adieza(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice article, dont forget to visit my blog for successful agricultural business.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2017
princeonx:
Cool

thanks.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by joey150(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2017
Of what good is your advice if money no dey?

Very soon business go plenty pass customer...
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2017
Olateef:
Nice one

thanks bro.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by spanzed(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2017
The survival of a business depends on its management so place more focus on effective management.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
Understanding that realism is different from idealism and embracing the former is the first step towards building a lasting business. Also, knowing that information is different from knowledge and embracing the latter is a virtue/secret that will make you flourish. Then choosing your team wisely will make you a success. . . Sentiment and conceit are the most potent banes of failure.

All the same, kudos OP.

nice contribution bro, if all nairalanders are as constructive and contributive like you, Nl will be a much better place.

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2017
Adieza:
Nice article, dont forget to visit my blog for successful agricultural business.

farmer i hail.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by helphelp: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2017
importexpert:

it was viewed from a different perspective cheesy

Nice write-up op...don't mind my humour
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2017
joey150:
Of what good is your advice if money no dey?

Very soon business go plenty pass customer...

a lot of people today are millionaires and they started with no money.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2017
spanzed:
The survival of a business depends on its management so place more focus on effective management.

thanks bro. in my next article i will look at business from a managerial perspective.

1 Like

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by joey150(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2017
importexpert:

a lot of people today are millionaires and they started with no money.

grin grin

Tell me another joke. First one was damn hilarious

3 Likes

Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2017
helphelp:

Nice write-up op...don't mind my humour

hhhh, i understand very well that you were joking. thanks bro.
Re: How To Build Your Business From Scratch by importexpert(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2017
joey150:

grin grin

Tell me another joke. First one was damn hilarious

one of the richest black man that ever lived grew up to know a wretched slave woman called tata as both his mother and father. at the time of his death he was the richest black man on earth. he is by name Alhassan Dantata (son of tata). he is the maternal grand father of dangote. Alhassan started as nothing more than a wretched almajiri boy. do you want another storey cheesy?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Meet Inside If U Want To Learn How To Start Importing Easily From USA & UK / Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.