Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? (9491 Views)

Any Food/fruit You Won't Dare Taste ! / .. / Is There Any Food That Can Reduce The Chances Of Getting Malaria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
my own type of allergy was pretty strange when I was 11yrs old I developed allergy to pollen grains, so I cant go near flowers at all, or else my eyes all gets swollen like I just fought Mike Tyson. The doctor told my mum that I will outgrow it by the time am 25yrs, but fortunately for me, it stopped when I was 14yrs, and immediately oil allergy started but right now am free from it,

I tell you it wasnt a pleasant experience
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Princegemini(m): 2:49am On Dec 25, 2009
Allergic to some drugs (paracetamol and chloroquine) and magarine
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Nmie: 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
I was warned to ensure my 6trs old so stays off a lot of thing, like seafoods, all biscuit, corn products, milk, all colored drinks, can only take sprite and 7up, I could not do it and he now tolerates all so I really didn't believe there was allergies until last night when I ate just 1 crab, It isn't my first time but i was rushed to the hospital cos it was an emergency. Sever stomach ache, feltlije throwing up, body itch from scalp to sole, with all parts swollen and choking. My children were just praying to God that thier mum should not die. It was really bad but I tank God I'm better now, on 5 days injection and never I go near crab again, I'm even scared of shrimps too
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by tpia5: 12:49am On Aug 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Yeah. . .Healthy foods.

Before, not now.
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
My friend is allergic To eggs and nuts. She was never bosom fed cos she lost her mum at birth
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Bsmartt(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
food allergy is indeed not a commom health challenge in our country and the sub-sahara Africa. I think hereditary. factor might also be among
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by segzicres(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
Allergy ke? Mscheew wey hunger dey nack me? I eat any lemmes mein!
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 12, 2013
Yh...got snail allergies, if I eat it or eat soup wif snail in it or fry meat wif the oil used to fry the snail,i get tiny rashes all over my face, feet and hands start itching. Quite annoyin, or if someone is cooking snail, the smell of it causes my throat and ears to itch . Ironically, I heard I used to eat it when I was really young, dunno what happened.
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by omoharry(f): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
blackasia:
na wa for u guys oh,  na person wey get many food they get allergic oh, person wey be say na garri, morning and night go see rich and platain with chicken sey im they allergic,  grin
anyway seriously we that are breastfeed are not allergic to anything ,  there is no meat i ve not eaten in asia, from  frog to tortise, abeg no be small thing. as for children feed with bottled milk u always be allergic to somethings,  no offence
EVEN FROG? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by omoharry(f): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
ovo4u:
Hmm Allergic kie, i remember when i was young with  my Family  in those days back home,my elder brother as the story goes, when he was young refuse to swallow eba when my mama don hussle cook and pickin say e nor won chop, oh boy come see beat grin grin grin grin grin for my guy, them nor tell am before he started eating eba, now he eat eba more than anyone i can ever think of, This thing happen two time in my family and the other one was my elder sister son, same beat go for him too, am sure they both the best eba eater's now grin grin grin, But if this kids was born in this oyibo land or mom and dad was so wealthy then,am sure the English Allergic could have come in,

And another thing in Africa,is only belief that bring symptom for Allergic. When you don't believed anything,You eat anything uneatable  grin grin grin grin
some beating did the magic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by sheilak: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ifez:
Food allergies arise mainly from[b] poor immune system development as seen with people who were bottle-fed as infants or weaned too early. [/b]

In Africa, babies are mainly bosom-fed, some up to 6 months to 2 years. These babies have very strong immune systems and, as a result, are not prone to major food allergies.

The kinds of food disorder that may plague African children are Lactose Intolerance (fresh milk consumption) and Heart Burn (Legume consumption).

The bolded is not trueundecided
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by gynny(f): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Symptoms of lactose intolerance occur when there isn’t enough lactase being produced by the body to digest the lactose that is consumed. The severity of symptoms varies in people and depends on the amount of lactose an individual can tolerate. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/symptoms-of-lactose-intolerance-any-problems-with-taking-milk/
Re: Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? by Gigihealth: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
Allergy symptoms are usually dependent on the substances that are involved. They can involve the sinuses, the airways, skin, nasal passages, and even the digestive system. Click on the link below to read more,
http://www.gigihealth.com/allergy-symptoms-what-type-of-allergy-do-you-suffer-from/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Eat Chicken On Christmas Day? / Somebody Help With The Best Recipe For Moi Moi / Puff-puff Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.