Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil (35725 Views)

Why We Can’t Deliver On Our Promises – Osinbajo / We Can’t Be Intimidated By Your Arrests, Muscling; Secondus Tells Buhari / Buhari’s Health: We Can’t Disclose Amount Spent – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil by Ademat7(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2017
Codes151:
can u imagine! I have been commenting and educationg this guy! Only to view his profile n twitter! Jeez! Your a Kid, your not Even from a reasonable state to talk of condemning other useful states in nigeria! And finally u and I ain't even in the same class!

I see why you mr baselines n comments are randomly constructed and your inability to confirm facts before ranting!
Learn to accept opinions not defend yourself with stupid measures! Also learn to talk n challenge people respectfully!
Which u the best corper! I have to end this trend for your own Good... welcome to the world. boy
Cry me a river boy; first to do no dey pain
By d way u r far below my class;trust me when I say so and when u come again I will put u where u rightfully belong
Re: Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil by dotmanxp(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2017
PapaBrowne:
They don't have to move their headquarters if they don't want to.

The states in question should come up with a tax called Offshore Headquarters Tax.

So a simple law is enacted that says if you are an extractive company, you should have your headquarters located at least 200km from your highest concentration of extractive activity.

Now if you don't want to comply, it isn't a crime. You just have to pay the Offshore Headquarters Tax which should be minimum 20% of profits from extractive activity.
you should be a member of the economic team. Nice suggestion

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil by knowyaself2(m): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
aribisala0:

If the directive is lawful and compliant with the laws of our country and the contract signed with the law companies no problem. Let us wait and see. I will be happy to see an example anywhere in the world wher such "directives" are in place and the laws governing them.

As far as I know there is no "directive" just a suggestion . When government is ready to issue such so called directives they know how to go about it and it is not in the media.
Fovernment cannot wake up one day and say "move" .Who will pay for it? Do you think the Oil companies are tourists?

Ok, not yet a directive, my bad. However, laws can be amended if the govt is serious about it, and lack of precedents doesn't mean it is impossible. Will appreciate if u can provide an extract of the so called contract signed that makes this unachievable.
Re: Why We Can’t Relocate From Lagos To Akwa Ibom – Exxonmobil by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
knowyaself2:

Ok, not yet a directive, my bad. However, laws can be amended if the govt is serious about it, and lack of precedence doesn't mean it is impossible. Will appreciate if u can provide an extract of the so called contract signed that makes this unachievable.
I have not said contract makes it achievable or not achievable or did I?
I do not see why government should be "serious"about it .In fact I do not see it as the issue .Isthe issue that the headquarters are located in a place or that the oil communities get more revenue.
Law is about jurisprudence and precedents governmen cannot go abouut making stupiid laws without considering unintended consequences for reputation and other industries.

How willl the law be worded so that it is limited only to the oil industry what next rice mill companies must relocate? Dangote shouuld move his office to Kogi and so on ...People can be funny
. Nigeria's oil industry is not even the largest in Africa and Nigeria is probably the most stressful for oil companies. The reason we are on this thread is Mobil have said no. So if government tries to force the issue likelyy they will end up in court. I do not think government is interested in that besides we have precedents

G EJ tried it with LADOL how did that end?

http://9jalegal.com.ng/news/court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project-from-lagos-to-bayelsa/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi On Biafra: "IPOB Agitation Won't End By Army Crackdown, Quote Me" / Bidemi Bakare Disgrace / Election Collation Officer Nabbed In Ondo State - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.