Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,155 members, 7,829,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis (1737 Views)

Giving Out Glo Data To Half The Price / Enjoy 1GB Free Data To Browse All Night With 9mobile #morecliq / Glo Offers Full Day Of Free Data To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 12, 2017
I saw update notifications on my Infinix phone . I discovered an app i never installed, Babel font listed to be updated. Surprised, i opened the app in Google Play store where some of the users complained that the app was invasive Trojan malware. Some complained how it wrecked havoc on their phone contacts. I then googled the app to discover to my amazement, that the app is being used as Backdoor to send sensitive information to China. The app was designed to make difficult to uninstall.
http://blog.securityfuse.com/2016/11/infinix-sending-data-to-china-suspected_26.html?m=1
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by amAZEing: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2017
Ehuatamuigunisi:
I saw update notifications on my Infinix phone . I discovered an app i never installed, Babel font listed to be updated. Surprised, i opened the app in Google Play store where some of the users complained that the app was invasive Trojan malware. Some complained how it wrecked havoc on their phone contacts. I then googled the app to discover to my amazement, that the app is being used as Backdoor to send sensitive information to China. The app was designed to make difficult to uninstall.
http://blog.securityfuse.com/2016/11/infinix-sending-data-to-china-suspected_26.html?m=1

Screendhots of your infinix device with the software will do.
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Jabioro: 9:53am On Mar 12, 2017
I saw it too, I tried to see if I get it's function without think twice I deleted it
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by madgoat(m): 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ehuatamuigunisi:
STOP SAYING RUBBISH
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by madgoat(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
Babel fonts is a system app. You cant uninstall it. It comes on newer models of tecno, infinix, itel, Huawei, Samsung and some others. Its the app that gives u different fonts to choose from.
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2017
Jabioro:
I saw it too, I tried to see if I get it's function without think twice I deleted it

It was installed in system partition, so i can't delete without root or other 3rd software.
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 13, 2017
madgoat:

STOP SAYING RUBBISH

Which school did you attend or are you attending? Didn't they teach you how to make your points without insulting someone? My own school taught me to use valid points/facts for emphasis rather than using insulting words.

6 Likes

Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2017
madgoat:
Babel fonts is a system app. You cant uninstall it. It comes on newer models of tecno, infinix, itel, Huawei, Samsung and some others. Its the app that gives u different fonts to choose from.

Thanks for your lecture. In Android, you have System apps and User apps. System apps reside in the device system partition while User apps reside in Data partition. Android core essential apps which are System apps are installed in the system partition . Manufacturers bloatware software is also installed in the system partition as part of system app which users cannot remove except by using third party apps.
In this case, Babel font app was written by coooie available in playstore with user rating of 3.2. This is not Android core app. If Infinix decides to install it in a system partition, that doesn't make it safe to use if the App has malware as some people alleged even in the comment section in Playstore.

Is no longer news that some Android phones send personal data to Chinese server. BLU R1 HD for example pre-installed rogue software called Adups.

I created this thread for public awareness not trying to run down infinix. I am a great fan of Infinix phones. I currently have Infinix Note 3 pro and Infinix hot 4 pro and other members of my families use Infinix.

I have not reached conclusion yet that the app has malware. Just to know public opinion on the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by ifenadi(m): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
I saw the app too. I have to force stop it. I don't trust that app at all and I don't like being forced to have what I don't need
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by Oscarpraise(m): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2017
Get the itel S31, you won't have any of this issues
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by bakane(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:

how do we now sue tecno and infinix. i comfirmed babel fonts is a virus after using a premium antivirus. they leave it installed by default, after 1 to 2 yrs, it activates itself and starts installing random ad apps on ur phone
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by seunfly: 3:12am On Oct 11, 2018
bakane:

how do we now sue tecno and infinix. i comfirmed babel fonts is a virus after using a premium antivirus. they leave it installed by default, after 1 to 2 yrs, it activates itself and starts installing random ad apps on ur phone
My own is Hios update tecno lure me into, it is obvious the new update is full of malwere and trojan apps. This malware has taken over my phone, right now I'm looking for away to factory set my phone without losing my important data.
Re: Infinix Sending Data To China - Suspected Backdoor Found In Analysis by ddjay: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:
this one no concern naija people, watin dem want na cheap fone na..anyway am imagining the fate of tecno users

(1) (Reply)

Full Specifications Of Samsung Galaxy s8 & s8+ / Who has ever had this issue with Infinix Hot Note 3. Very Important. / Ikeja Tecno Office Calcare Are Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.