Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Thanks, INEC! Run, Osinbajo, Run! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thanks, INEC! Run, Osinbajo, Run! (507 Views)

Uche Secondus Thanks God At Altar After Taking Over As PDP Chairman In Abuja / Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thanks, INEC! Run, Osinbajo, Run! by Chizgold: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dear Professor Osinbajo,

I reckon how occupied you are, and so this may not really be time for unnecessary niceties.

Anyway, guess you and Dolapo aren’t doing too badly though you looked to have shed some weight the last time I saw you both sing at your quiet birthday outing.

The work pressure could be consuming, and I am reminded of the double portfolio which you had borne since January 19. Guess you understand my drift. Not sure there are guarantees that your work load would be any less in the coming days.

Even President Muhammad Buhari admitted that much when he said you’ll continue to hold brief while he gains more strength after his now famous 50-day medical vacation in UK.

Sometimes, I really do wonder how you had borne the weight of the Nigerian challenge on that diminutive stature.

Did I hear you say, ‘na God?’ Not surprised, though. Our religiosity is infectious and has become some sort of balm. So true that one wonders if it has not made us prisoners and zombies of our own very existence.

How nice to have you accord some time to this private mail which has now gone public. Spare my impudence. It’s just that, in my desperation, I was willing to scale the fence because of the subject of this mail.

Did the title give you some jitters? I had a challenge myself trying to figure out how best to illustrate the dribbling thoughts in my head. It could have been a bit more sober, I agree, especially with the uncertainties clouding our national life.

Someone even suggested that I had been most insensitive when I broached the idea of this mail and its content. Why, he asked, should anyone habour thoughts that could breed resentments and dismember the presidency? Why seek to alter a largely harmonious working relationship, he queried? I was one of the many mischiefs the presidency had talked about, he said.

But my friend missed the point, dear Osinbajo. This is not about you, even though it’s about you! No, I wasn’t asking you to literarily run away from responsibilities, as the title of my mail may have suggested. Why would anyone do that? That would diminish your character and substance.

All the same, dear Prof, would you pretend not to have heard the whistle that sounded last Thursday? Yes, on that day, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) turned its whistle on Nigerians, an exercise some private citizens have found a rewarding past-time.

Many are reaping from the whistle-blowing game, and we hear that those who squealed on Andrew Yakubu, former NNPC boss, and Abdullahi Dikko of the Nigerian Customs may soon be smiling to the banks.

We have no reason to distrust Lai Mohammed who is Minister for Information and Culture on the matter of reward for the growing whistle-blowing community.

INEC’s broadcast is, no doubt, a clarion call, and l’m wondering how you received it. Did it ring too early? Did it come as a rude distraction as many have argued, given the enormity of...

READ MORE: http://ikengachronicles.com/thanks-inec-run-osinbajo-run/

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Brands El-rufai A Threat To Nigeria's National Security - Reactions / Summon Over Grass-cutting Contract - Babachir Makes U-turn / Center Point Agenda Joins Gov. Ikpeazu At The Town Hall Meeting With Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.