Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo (585 Views)

I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan / We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency / We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2009
will not negotiate Anambra treasury — Soludo
By Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja, Published: Wednesday, 25 Nov 2009

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo

The governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party in Anambra State, Prof Chukuma Soludo on Tuesday said he will not negotiate the treasury of the state with anyone.

Soludo, who spoke with journalists in Abuja during the inauguration of his campaign team by the leadership of the party, said if this was what his traducers wanted, then they should forget it.

He was responding to questions on why reconciliatory meetings failed between him and some of other PDP governorship aspirants.

But in a quick reaction, some of the aggrieved aspirants described as untrue Soludo‘s claim that they were negotiating the state‘s treasury with him.

Soludo stated, “Well, what I cannot discuss with anybody is to negotiate the treasury of the state. I cannot negotiate the treasury of the state. If that is what reaching out is all about, then, I will not reach out to anybody on that ground. The treasury of Anambra is non-negotiable.”

He said he had reached out to Chief Chris Uba and other stakeholders in the party from the state.

Soludo denied being handpicked by the leadership of the party, saying he would have won the primaries if it had been allowed to hold.

He said, “I was not handpicked with all due respect. There was an elaborate process. To hand pick is the kind you hire a crowd like the one of Action Congress where they had a zonal meeting and somebody came from the national leadership and said this one will run for us.

“No, PDP had process and I went through the process, which is what everybody forgets. I had to sponsor delegates in the 326 wards and I am confident that if that process had got to the end of it, I am confident I would have emerged.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200911253593978
Re: I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
This is why there has been all kinds of litigations against him

Nigerians are endorsing impunity without knowing it.

Ignorance is really a bad thing.
Re: I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

“Well, what I cannot discuss with anybody is to negotiate the treasury of the state. I cannot negotiate the treasury of the state. If that is what reaching out is all about, then, I will not reach out to anybody on that ground. The treasury of Anambra is non-negotiable.”

, The final nail on Uba's coffin!
Re: I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

, The final nail on Uba's coffin!

Chris Uba is mad because Soludo told him he is a kid in politics.

Soludo told chris that while chris was still learning how to trade under his master Chief Arthur Eze he Soludo had already been involved in the Shagari/Ekwueme election capaign.

He simply put him in his place.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To My Post? / Opinion Poll,please Cast Your Vote For Anambra 2010. / Iwu Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.