Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram (14855 Views)

I Did Not Negotiate With Boko Haram- Goodluck Jonathan / We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency / Should The Goverment Legalise And Promote Refineries As SMSEs (2) (3) (4)

We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by OAM4J: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2012
Boko Haram leader rules out negotiation with government

An audio message allegedly posted to the Internet by the leader of a radical Islamist sect in Nigeria threatened President Goodluck Jonathan and denied its members killed Muslim civilians in an attack last week that left at least 185 people dead.

The Associated Press reports that the video posted to YouTube, shows a still image of Imam Abubakar Shekau sitting on a beige sofa, a Kalashnikov rifle at his back.
Speaking at times in Arabic, English and the Hausa language of Nigeria's Muslim north, Shekau said negotiations suggested by President Goodluck Jonathan between the sect and the government will not happen.

"He's lying. He cannot do it," Shekau said. "If Jonathan does not repent as a Muslim, even if I die myself, Jonathan's going to see. He's looking at me like I'm nobody, but he'll see."
In the message, Shekau acknowledged that Boko Haram carried out the January 20 attacks in Kano, Nigeria's second-largest city that killed at least 185 people.

Gunmen from the sect armed with explosives and assault rifles, some wearing army and police uniforms, others suicide car bombers, attacked police stations, immigration offices and the local headquarters of Nigeria' secret police.

However, Shekau denied killing civilians in the attack, claiming the sect's gunmen tried to protect the more than nine million people who live in the important city in Nigeria's north.
"We're killing police officers, we're killing soldiers and other government people who are fighting Allah and Christians who are killing Muslims and talking badly about our Islamic religion," Shekau said. "I am not against anyone, but if Allah asks me to kill someone, I will kill him and I will enjoy killing him like I am killing a chicken," he said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/34756-boko-haram-leader-rules-out-negotiation-with-government.html
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
Why would they wen their mission is clear? Where in the world has any islamic terrorist orientated organisation negotiated with any government Islamic or otherwise? Somalia? 
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by efisher(m): 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
El Rufai, what have u got to say to this?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Efizzi: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
I thought it was the government that supposed to say "we do not Negotiate with terrorist" How come in the case of Nigeria, the terrorists are telling the government " We do not negotiate with Government" ,
Strange times are here again my Fellow NLs I advise us all to hold on to GOD almighty.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Why would they wen their mission is clear? Where in the world has any islamic terrorist orientated organisation negotiated with any government Islamic or otherwise? Somalia? 

Only in Nigeria do we have Joseph as the Jona of a leader
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by mcnepow(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
Efizzi:

[b]I thought it was the government that supposed to say "we do not Negotiate with terrorist"[/b]How come in the case of Nigeria, the terrorists are telling the government " We do not negotiate with Government" ,
Strange times are here again my Fellow NLs I advise us all to hold on to GOD almighty.
I think the naija govt has been overwhelmed by the strength of b.h and magnitude of their attacks.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by nwajohn(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Only in Nigeria do we have Joseph as the Jona of a leader

Please can someone tell this Islamic sect that they have done enough mayhem in this country that they should give peace a chance.

There is no gain in killing your fellow human being just because he/she don't believe in your religion?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by talktrue1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
They have stated their aim that GEJ should repent and become a muslim. Now the choice is his? Fight them or become a muslim?

I hope they will not Ask all Nigerians to repent as muslim?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Ninapha(f): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
He's lying. He cannot do it," Shekau said. "If Jonathan does not repent as a Muslim, even if I die myself, Jonathan's going to see. He's looking at me like I'm nobody, but he'll see."
In the message, Shekau acknowledged that Boko Haram carried out the January 20 attacks in Kano, Nigeria's second-largest city that killed at least 185 people.

The war is here then and its Muslim vs Christian, if this is all he wants, Goodluck to become a Muslim and after him all of us would be forced to become muslim. VERY GOOD!
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
nwajohn:

Please can someone tell this Islamic sect that they have done enough mayhem in this country that they should give peace a chance.

There is no gain in killing your fellow human being just because he/she don't believe in your religion?

Peace a Chance?
I dont think that would happen till our leaders wake up from their sleep and face the tune of the sad music they started playing years back . .  so sad that innocent people are dying on a daily basis, and i will not be surprised if all there is more to what we know or we think we know
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Valon4ego(m): 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
"i will enjoy killing him like i'm killing a chicken" waiting for the die hard boko fans to begin their justification of the group!
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
Good luck is really falling my hand big time cool
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by BetaThings: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

The US government is negotiating with Taliban (but not Al Qaeda)
They have negotiated with the government of Qatar to let the Taliban have an office there for this purpose
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by sheyguy: 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
Efizzi:

I thought it was the government that supposed to say "we do not Negotiate with terrorist" How come in the case of Nigeria, the terrorists are telling the government " We do not negotiate with Government" ,

In this marriage called Nigeria, the north is suppose to lord over the south, what u av up there in the OP story is a husband lording it over his 'Dan fodio' given and declared wife. BH is just a voice of the husband for an indecent demand. . . bitter but true !
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jan 27, 2012
ak47mann:

Do you expect anything better from Retardeen?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
ak47mann:

You dont rule a nation that big with luck . . . it takes brain and common sense, but i remember they used to say common sense aint common
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by BetaThings: 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
Valon4ego:

"i will enjoy killing him like i'm killing a chicken" waiting for the die hard boko fans to begin their justification of the group!

I am not sure that boko fans will post here

Fhemmmy:

Peace a Chance?
I dont think that would happen till our leaders wake up from their sleep and face the tune of the sad music they started playing years back . .  so sad that innocent people are dying on a daily basis, and i will not be surprised if all there is more to what we know or we think we know

I actually hoped that those people will accept that offer. This response was even too fast. They did not even consider it. I wonder what IP address was used to post the youtube video
Many more innocent souls will die before these people go the way of Osama
But then ego, and inflated sense of power never allow people to reason well

ak47mann:

You really blame the man? People are counting number of people killed by BH, not number of BH killed by the government
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by talktrue1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
IBB should start dry cleaning his khaki because if BH said GEJ should become muslim, then war is at hand.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by agog: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
this is a very big threat omg, and the govt dont seem to be in charge at all.
God of Heaven have mercy on this nation. Amen.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by juman(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
There is no magical solution to nigeria problems.

We are in very complicated situation.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Beaf: 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
BetaThings:

They have negotiated with the government of Qatar to let the Taliban have an office there for this purpose

Are you suggesting that boko haram should be given an office in Abuja?
Dude, some words are not meant to be spoken.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Profkenny1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2012
grin grin where are the Boko fans(Muslims)?, very sure they would prefer not to post here. These Boko harams are the REAL Muslims carrying out the instructions of Allah and his messenger(Mohammed). grin
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Valon4ego(m): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
Prof kenny:

grin grin where are the Boko fans(Muslims)?, very sure they would prefer not to post here. These Boko harams are the REAL Muslims carrying out the instructions of Allah and his messenger(Mohammed). grin
that's far fetched and uncalled for,brother, what we really need is for all muslims to denounce the group and not we grouping them together as that will very much complicate matters. Peace!
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
BetaThings:

Beaf:

Are you suggesting that boko haram should be given an office in Abuja?
Dude, some words are not meant to be spoken.

BetaThings, The Taliban is not a terrorist organisation but an Islamist militant and political group that ruled large parts of Afghanistan and its capital, Kabul, as the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from September 1996 until October 2001.

@Beaf, BetaThings is being shrewd and suggesting a strategy auwal87 earlier proposed in this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=851130.msg10013687#msg10013687
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Atigba: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
Since the BH say no negotiation, well there is no problem, every body should b ready for war.Am already prepared?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by expert555: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2012
I accepts GEJ approach to this matter there is no where on Earth where anyone have won any war against this animals because their war have rules of engagement the worst we could do is to give them justification for their animalistic  behaviour. the trump card we have is to threaten breaking away so other good Moslems  will fight their war they begins in the first place.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by XFive: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
What is remaining now? it will better for them to negotiate with their Nigerian president when Nigeria would have been divided. Jonathan will be the last Nigerian President
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by NET1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

__________________________________________________________________________________________
For those asking what GEJ can do in this circumstance, I share your thoughts as well. However, I think he should ask: How is America able to cope with the Arab threat?

My advice to GEJ is get some help (preferably US) in mapping out strategies to combat and obliterate these people. If it means a few oil-deals, let them have it. Yes, there might be some initial losses on our part, but in the end, we would have put an end to this mallady.

GEJ, please get help now from outside. Don't let Azazi and the rest fool you. BH is willing and capable of wiping out the entire nation if you let them.

.NET
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2012
" Jonathan to change and become a Muslim" grin grin grin grin grin chei laf wan finish me o. These Haramites no wan yan their true agenda. angry with all those Hausa/muslims killed in Kano last time, dem dey make noise say dem wan convert over 70 million Christians to muslims? chei wonders shall neva end grin grin grin
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by maclatunji: 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2012
Prof kenny:

Okay, I guess we shouldn't complain if they come for you since you belief in the sanctity and validity of their ideology.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
As far as I am concerned, the die is cast. At this point, I think what the Haramites want is real fight; no peace talks. If only there are no shadows in the government, I would have said a real confrontation with the army would have been better. Unfortunately these animals have insiders in the government and will always be apprised of whatever steps the government wants to take against them angry angry.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With The Goverment - Boko Haram by hillsate: 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2012
OAM4J:

Boko Haram leader rules out negotiation with government

An audio message allegedly posted to the Internet by the leader of a radical Islamist sect in Nigeria threatened President Goodluck Jonathan and denied its members killed Muslim civilians in an attack last week that left at least 185 people dead.

The Associated Press reports that the video posted to YouTube, shows a still image of Imam Abubakar Shekau sitting on a beige sofa, a Kalashnikov rifle at his back.
Speaking at times in Arabic, English and the Hausa language of Nigeria's Muslim north, Shekau said negotiations suggested by President Goodluck Jonathan between the sect and the government will not happen.

"He's lying. He cannot do it," Shekau said. "If Jonathan does not repent as a Muslim, even if I die myself, Jonathan's going to see. He's looking at me like I'm nobody, but he'll see."

Gunmen from the sect armed with explosives and assault rifles, some wearing army and police uniforms, others suicide car bombers, attacked police stations, immigration offices and the local headquarters of Nigeria' secret police.

However, Shekau denied killing civilians in the attack, claiming the sect's gunmen tried to protect the more than nine million people who live in the important city in Nigeria's north.
"We're killing police officers, we're killing soldiers and other government people who are fighting Allah and Christians who are killing Muslims and talking badly about our Islamic religion," Shekau said. "I am not against anyone, but if Allah asks me to kill someone, I will kill him and I will enjoy killing him like I am killing a chicken," he said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/34756-boko-haram-leader-rules-out-negotiation-with-government.html

what a shame. The Government showed itself very weak and not united when Azazi ruled out negotiations with the boko haram only for GEJ to tell them to show their faces for negotiation the following day.
IT IS A BIG SLAP ON GEJ FOR BOKO HARAM TO BE THE DETERMINANTS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT TO HOLD NEGOTIATIONS.
If the negotiations hold, GEJ will be negotiating from a weak position.
PLEASE LETS INTENSIFY PRAYERS FOR THE SHOELESS ONE. I THINK HE'S BEING MANIPULATED SPIRITUALLY.

Dino Melaye Is A Man With No Reputation For Honour Or Decency – Okonjo-iweala / Tribunal Upholds Dino Melaye’s Election / Fayose Bemoans FG’s Silence On ₦13 Billion Ikoyi Loot, Magu’s Prosecution

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57