Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam (4682 Views)

Rape is allowed in Islam during times of ‘legitimate war’ / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Is It Allowed To Pray Taraweeh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Lady234: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
Sometime this year I read in True love magazine(West Africa) edition on their article about mast-urbation and they wrote that mast-urbation is allowed in Islam. So is it allowed in your brand of Islam.
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
what is self service
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by muhsin(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Deen4me(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2009
[size=14pt]

@ Poster

Mastur-bation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence: First from the Qur’aan: Imam Shafi’i stated that Mastur-bation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): "And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including Mastur-bation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor. "And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33.

This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including Mastur-bation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him): Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066.

The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to Mastur-bation despite the ease with which it can be done.

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/329/self-service [/size]
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Lady234: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
I read with my own eyes on True love(West Africa) edition that mast-urbation is allowed in Islam. I will check if that edition wasn't thrown away. It was sometime this year.
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
why are you so eager to know? grin
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hello,

I never know "mast-urbation" means azalu.

Well, you might have read where that was stated as allowed in Islam. The case is twofold: I know some "liberal" Muslims see nothing wrong in that despite the fact it's not halal.

And the secondfold: Some Muslim scholar, who are still considered "liberal" see the action as simple a descouraged one, which a Muslim/Muslimah is allowed to do once in a long period of time.

BUT both two points are not purely on the right track. The act is not allowed in Islam as aptly explained Deen4me above. May Allah reward him for the response.

Thanks
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by candylips(m): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
yes it is allowed tongue
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Lady234: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2009
muhsin:

Hello,

I never know "mast-urbation" means azalu.

Well, you might have read where that was stated as allowed in Islam. The case is twofold: I know some "liberal" Muslims see nothing wrong in that despite the fact it's not halal.

And the secondfold: Some Muslim scholar, who are still considered "liberal" see the action as simple a descouraged one, which a Muslim/Muslimah is allowed to do once in a long period of time.

BUT both two points are not purely on the right track. The act is not allowed in Islam as aptly explained Deen4me above. May Allah reward him for the response.

Thanks

The way they wrote it in true love(West Africa) edition was as if all muslims do view mast-urbation as not being wrong.
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by MrCrackles(m): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2009
Lady 234:

Sometime this year I read in True love magazine(West Africa) edition on their article about mast-urbation and they wrote that mast-urbation is allowed in Islam. So is it allowed in your brand of Islam.
Are you a left hand wan.ker or a serial dice chucker grin
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Jarus(m): 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you a left hand wan.ker or a serial dice chucker grin

Krakus, ehannan adinni of NL Muslims section . . . . . u no serious o.  grin

@Poster,
Most scholars, including Sheikh Munnajid, say it is haraam. A very few scholars say it is permissible, but I personally find more convincing the argument of those that say it's haraam for these reasons:
1, It involves imagining doing it with somebody, which is prostitution of the mind.
2, The prophet has expressly advised that whosoever cannot hold it to him/herself again should go and marry. MB, as a way of staying away from prostitution, as claimed by soem people, is therefore invalid.

Allah knows best.
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by dominique(f): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
@poster
ask yourself if true love magazine is a well known Islamic magazine? does it have an Islamic Precedence. who wrote the piece, is he/she a Muslim? heck does the writer even have a clue about Islam?

1 Like

Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by muhsin(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
Lady 234:

The way they wrote it in true love(West Africa) edition was as if all muslims do view mast-urbation as not being wrong.

Thank God; you too say "as". grin
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by jakolu: 4:09am On Jun 07, 2011
Couldn't "that their right hand possess" refer to mast-urbation?  Or is the meaning regarding slaves more clearly shown otherwise?  Needless to say, does this line then mean it condones sexual slavery (with one's own slaves)?

And why does this forum change the word to 'self-service'. That wouldn't be acceptable to do at a self-service gasoline stand. Self service has many other meanings, not a bad euphemism for sexual acts.
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by jakolu: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2011
Defininition from dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-service)

self-service   
[mas-ter-bey-shuhn]  Show IPA
–noun
the stimulation or manipulation of one's own focal places, especially to heavenly feeling; sexual self-gratification.

You get it now??
Re: Is mast-urbation Allowed In Islam by Ummiadama: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
Azalu in Islam doesnot mean masturbation. "Azalu" in Islam means withdrawal, that is the act of withdrawing ones penis shortly before ejaculation during sexual intercourse.

(1) (Reply)

Dua Upon Entering The Mosque / Breaking Fast With Orange Is Wrong, Please Note It / Learn About Greatness Of Jumuah ( Friday Prayers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.