Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. (1525 Views)

Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam / Scam Using Presidency / 8 Tips To Help You Avoid A Job Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by Trancetek(m): 12:02am On Mar 13, 2017
There is a new form job scam for now they are using NERC(nigeria electricity regulatory commission). People be alert!
How it works:
You will be told to pay for a re-placement(to replace sacked workers with fraudulent credentials) form for about 10k. You then be told to send your credentials to an email that is meant for enquiry eg info@nercng.org (you will only recieve an acknowledgement email). Then a masked email address (email recieved in spam) eg NERC, will send you a from without any ref no.. You are to print, fill, scan and send the form to a fake email eg nerc@tech-center.com (it's supposed to be .....@nercng.org). The following day, you will recieve a masked text eg. NERC, saying you were successful, and should report to either Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe or Borno state. And when you complain to the scammer that you can't report to these state cos of security issues. He will tell you to immediately pay N180k so you can be transfered to any state of your choice. If you insist on travelling to place, you will be told that you'll have to travel quickly to rent a flat that will cost you half the amount (ie N90k) . Then, they will promise to help you do the state transfer for half the amount (ie N90k), then you will pay the remaining later.
For now the name of the recruiter/scammer is Frank Nwankwo -07082590344, 07019485243. Note when the number is googled it has no professional background eg linkedin/facebook.
Lalasticlala pls move it up so job seekers won't fall victim.
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by koyeni(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2017
Nice 1
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by Benjom(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2017
An eye opener there. Those who have ears, let them hear.
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by Topesanni574: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
Real
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by tolulinks(m): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
Igbo people. Smh
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by duruallwell25(m): 8:51am On May 12, 2017
Trancetek:
There is a new form job scam for now they are using NERC(nigeria electricity regulatory commission). People be alert!
How it works:
You will be told to pay for a re-placement(to replace sacked workers with fraudulent credentials) form for about 10k. You then be told to send your credentials to an email that is meant for enquiry eg info@nercng.org (you will only recieve an acknowledgement email). Then a masked email address (email recieved in spam) eg NERC, will send you a from without any ref no.. You are to print, fill, scan and send the form to a fake email eg nerc@tech-center.com (it's supposed to be .....@nercng.org). The following day, you will recieve a masked text eg. NERC, saying you were successful, and should report to either Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe or Borno state. And when you complain to the scammer that you can't report to these state cos of security issues. He will tell you to immediately pay N180k so you can be transfered to any state of your choice. If you insist on travelling to place, you will be told that you'll have to travel quickly to rent a flat that will cost you half the amount (ie N90k) . Then, they will promise to help you do the state transfer for half the amount (ie N90k), then you will pay the remaining later.
For now the name of the recruiter/scammer is Frank Nwankwo -07082590344, 07019485243. Note when the number is googled it has no professional background eg linkedin/facebook.
Lalasticlala pls move it up so job seekers won't fall victim.
Thank you loads. you just saved me. I received a call from a friend claiming Mr Francis Nwankwo called him and asked him to bring a young graduate for a replacement position with nerc. so he decided to link me up, this my friend also mentioned dat he couldn't remember where he knew the said Mr Nwankwo but I should do a follow up, so he gave me the details he sent him. I started the conversation and he sent me emails and an address..... """"FRANCIS NWANKWO Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission. Plot 1099 First Av off Shehu Shagari Way Adamawa Plaza Garki Abuja. E-mail . Info@nercng.org or nerc.nigeria@tech-center.com website.www.nercng.org"""

I wanted to give benefit of doubt so I sent my credentials to him. he called me back and said why would I send a CV without referees and that I should include my referees and send to him asap dat his director is around and wants to approve it. After resending the CV, I called him and he said the director has just approved me for replacement.... lol. dat I would need two forms, a replacement form which costs 15k and another form which costs 5k. I told him I am not in Abuja so he said I should send any of my friends who reside there. I told him no problem. Since it now resulted to me parting with my hard earned money in this recession, I decided to do a background check on Mr Francis Okonkwo. I installed truecaller (nothing came out) I now checked nairaland and saw this post. Please beware of this Scam. the next con man may not be Mr Francis Okonkwo.!!!!!! This is his contact 07019485243
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by Analee(f): 11:19am On May 12, 2017
duruallwell25:
Thank you loads. you just saved me. I received a call from a friend claiming Mr Francis Nwankwo called him and asked him to bring a young graduate for a replacement position with nerc. so he decided to link me up, this my friend also mentioned dat he couldn't remember where he knew the said Mr Nwankwo but I should do a follow up, so he gave me the details he sent him. I started the conversation and he sent me emails and an address..... """"FRANCIS NWANKWO Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission. Plot 1099 First Av off Shehu Shagari Way Adamawa Plaza Garki Abuja. E-mail . Info@nercng.org or nerc.nigeria@tech-center.com website.www.nercng.org"""

I wanted to give benefit of doubt so I sent my credentials to him. he called me back and said why would I send a CV without referees and that I should include my referees and send to him asap dat his director is around and wants to approve it. After resending the CV, I called him and he said the director has just approved me for replacement.... lol. dat I would need two forms, a replacement form which costs 15k and another form which costs 5k. I told him I am not in Abuja so he said I should send any of my friends who reside there. I told him no problem. Since it now resulted to me parting with my hard earned money in this recession, I decided to do a background check on Mr Francis Okonkwo. I installed truecaller (nothing came out) I now checked nairaland and saw this post. Please beware of this Scam. the next con man may not be Mr Francis Okonkwo.!!!!!! This is his contact 07019485243
chai!nawaoooooh,igbo na una biko,igbo man n wayo dey lik bread n butter
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by Igwepaschal: 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
I so bless God for nairaland!d idiot just called me too n I decided 2 check b4 seeing dis!
God help us in dis country of joblessness!!
Re: New Form Of Job Scam using NERC. by donperlado(m): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2017
I just called the fool when a friend told me about it. This is his new number 09073891002.
I believe network providers have there details wen they registered their lines.
Please if you are working in MTN, Glo etc help us catch this people and report them to the police

(1) (Reply)

Job In Naija / In Need Of A Part Time Job In Akure / Vindication Of A Senior Staff At My Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.