Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,459 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured (3307 Views)

Which Continent Has The Best Strikers? (Photos) / Frank Lampard Takes Charge Of Chelsea Training For The First Time / Man United Star Rashford Names Top 3 Strikers In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by Nihza(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2017
Striker Crisis: Rooney, Rashford, Martial and Ibrahimovic To Miss Man United Crunch Tie Against Chelsea

Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are out of the FA Cup visit to Chelsea through injury as Manchester United face a striker crisis ahead of the quarter-final tie.

Jose Mourinho must also make do without the in-form Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who begins his three-match suspension after accepting an FA violent conduct charge following his clash with Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings last weekend.

Rooney, who was not part of United's squad for the midweek Europa League draw against FC Rostov in Russia, is believed to have been involved in an accidental training ground collision with defender Phil Jones.

Continue reading here: http://mojidelano.com/2017/03/striker-crisis-rooney-rashford-martial-and-ibrahimovic-to-miss-man-united-crunch-tie-against-chelsea/

Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by bizmaster003(m): 6:54am On Mar 13, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]Hope this will not be an excuse After trashing you.
Match never start manU don dey cry....
Chelsea go give Una 'bashwhy'
Make I hurry call conte and kante...
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 7:13am On Mar 13, 2017
Oops! Not good. Perhaps Jose will field a youth team player or deploy a false 9. Annie74 , what's it gonna be?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2017
RealHaute:
Oops! Not good. Perhaps Jose will field a youth team player or deploy a false 9. Annie74 , what's it gonna be?

Not good at all! He might use Fellaini as a striker or deploy Mkhitaryan as a false 9. It is going to be hard especially with the schedule,travelling,suspension(Zlatan) and now injuries but its football and anything can happen.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 11:56am On Mar 13, 2017
annie74:

Not good at all! He might use Fellaini as a striker or deploy Mkhitaryan as a false 9. It is going to be hard especially with the schedule,travelling,suspension(Zlatan) and now injuries but its football and anything can happen.
Yeah. Was thinking Mkhi. Fellaini means we won't play pretty: just long balls. Could adopt the "efficiency" approach with Fellaini. Only means we'll be parking the bus. What matters most is the result though. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
RealHaute:

Yeah. Was thinking Mkhi. Fellaini means we won't play pretty: just long balls. Could adopt the "efficiency" approach with Fellaini. Only means we'll be parking the bus. What matters most is the result though. Let's see how it goes.

If parking the bus will get us the desired result, he should by all means park a TRAILER. For this fixture, I will gladly take boring football with result than attractive football with nothing to show for it. I feel the midfield will be key in this fixture though.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 12:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
annie74:

If parking the bus will get us the desired result, he should by all means park a TRAILER. For this fixture, I will gladly take boring football with result than attractive football with nothing to show for it. I feel the midfield will be key in this fixture though.

Lol @ park a trailer. Yeah, me too. Let's just get ourselves to Wembley. Yup, we have to win the midfield battle. But I'm not too sure about that 'cos of that Kante dude. His work rate is phenomenal - he sometimes plays like an evil spirit on steroids..lol..another thing: we have to take our goal-scoring chances else we'll be very sorry. We could also do with a bit of luck. I don't mind Cahill making a costly mistake or even scoring an own-goal. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
RealHaute:

Lol @ park a trailer. Yeah, me too. Let's just get ourselves to Wembley. Yup, we have to win the midfield battle. But I'm not too sure about that 'cos of that Kante dude. His work rate is phenomenal - he sometimes plays like an evil spirit on steroids..lol..another thing: we have to take our goal-scoring chances else we'll be very sorry. We could also do with a bit of luck. I don't mind Cahill making a costly mistake or even scoring an own-goal. grin

Lol @ plays like an evil spirit on steroids. I wish Pogba will step up his game. Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
annie74:

Lol @ plays like an evil spirit on steroids. I wish Pogba will step up his game. Let's see how it goes.

Yup. Pogba really needs to step up to the plate tonight. Let's see how it goes though.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

It didn't go according to plan eh? And Pogba didn't show up eh? And Kante upgraded his CV to goal-scoring evil spirit on steroids. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

It didn't go according to plan eh? And Pogba didn't show up eh? And Kante upgraded his CV to goal-scoring evil spirit on steroids. embarassed

Lmao @ goal scoring evil spirit on steroids. The game was decided after the red card. I have decided to dwell on the positives. At least now we can face Europa and the fight for top 4 squarely. If we had won we would have faced Tottenham and either Arsenal or City in the final and they are not easy teams EXCEPT Arsenal of course.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

BTW, De gea and Rojo were good yesterday. Dunno if it is just me, but what's with all the refereeing decisions going against us? Is it a vendetta against Mourinho/Utd or something I'm not aware of?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

Lmao @ goal scoring evil spirit on steroids. The game was decided after the red card. I have decided to dwell on the positives. At least now we can face Europa and the fight for top 4 squarely. If we had won we would have faced Tottenham and either Arsenal or City in the final and they are not easy teams EXCEPT Arsenal of course.
Well said. Don't think we have the squad depth to challenge on all fronts anyways. Lol @ your Arsenal jibe. Arsenal have truly lost their mojo on Wenger's watch.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

BTW, De gea and Rojo were good yesterday. Dunno if it is just me, but what's with all the refereeing decisions going against us? Is it a vendetta against Mourinho/Utd or something I'm not aware of?

Dea Gea is top class most of the time, and Rojo read the game well.
Mourinho isn't really the most charming personality, so there you have it. And he kind of instructed the players to play dirty. Case in point: the numerous fouls on Hazard. How did you come to like football?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

Dea Gea is top class most of the time, and Rojo read the game well.
Mourinho isn't really the most charming personality, so there you have it. And he kind of instructed the players to play dirty. Case in point: the numerous fouls on Hazard. How did you come to like football?

True. Well, most of my classmates(guys) in secondary school were lovers of football. I always listened. It wasn't until 2008 Champions League final between Utd and Chelsea that I finally made up my mind to become a United fan.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

True. Well, most of my classmates(guys) in secondary school were lovers of football. I always listened. It wasn't until 2008 Champions League final between Utd and Chelsea that I finally made up my mind to become a United fan.
So what prompted your decision to become a United fan? Initially, I jumped on the United bandwagon 'cos I admired David Beckham a lot. And later the team's winning mentality inspired me. I adopted that mentality, and now it's a big part of who I am. cheesy
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

So what prompted your decision to become a United fan? Initially, I jumped on the United bandwagon 'cos I admired David Beckham a lot. And later the team's winning mentality inspired me. I adopted that mentality, and now it's a big part of who I am. cheesy

I can't pinpoint exactly. I was a big fan of Ronaldo though. But what has made me an ardent United fan is the massive history behind the club coupled with the winning mentality. I love winners( Mourinho is a winner)but most especially I love people who don't give up easily and that is what United as a club is all about.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

I can't pinpoint exactly. I was a big fan of Ronaldo though. But what has made me an ardent United fan is the massive history behind the club coupled with the winning mentality. I love winners( Mourinho is a winner)but most especially I love people who don't give up easily and that is what United as a club is all about.
When you follow a winning team, you develop a winning mentality. Just look at players like Darren Fletcher, Roy Keane, Wes Brown, John O'shea et cetera. They weren't the best players technically, but they keyed into the United philosophy and became champions. SAF's role in that cannot be overstated though. I just love winners; people who give their all to surmount the seemingly unsurmountable. It's like the stuff of legends. I like to dream big, so naturally I subscribe to United's school of thought. What video games are you into?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

When you follow a winning team, you develop a winning mentality. Just look at players like Darren Fletcher, Roy Keane, Wes Brown, John O'shea et cetera. They weren't the best players technically, but they keyed into the United philosophy and became champions. SAF's role in that cannot be overstated though. I just love winners; people who give their all to surmount the seemingly unsurmountable. It's like the stuff of legends. I like to dream big, so naturally I subscribe to United's school of thought. What video games are you into?

None. I don't know what my mum will do if I start showing interest in video games(she believe its a man's thing). She is still trying to come to terms with my love for football.
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

None. I don't know what my mum will do if I start showing interest in video games(she believe its a man's thing). She is still trying to come to terms with my love for football.

Lol...you do any sports then?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

Lol...you do any sports then?
Nope. You?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
annie74:

Nope. You?

Football, sprint. I even played at amateur level...lol...I played right-wing forward in my teens and centre-forward later on.
So what are your hobbies asides watching football?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
RealHaute:

Football, sprint. I even played at amateur level...lol...I played right-wing forward in my teens and centre-forward later on.
So what are your hobbies asides watching football?

Reading. You?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 12:00am On Mar 15, 2017
annie74:

Reading. You?

Reading, composing music on the piano, and just learning random things. You're in a uni right?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2017
RealHaute:

Reading, composing music on the piano, and just learning random things. You're in a uni right?

Yep. You?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 12:08am On Mar 15, 2017
annie74:

Yep. You?

Cool. I'm a graduate. If you don't mind , where are you studying?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 12:12am On Mar 15, 2017
RealHaute:

Cool. I'm a graduate. If you don't mind , where are you studying?
Ife. OAU
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 12:15am On Mar 15, 2017
annie74:

Ife. OAU
Good school. Almost as good as my alma mater...lol...So you're studying linguistics?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 12:23am On Mar 15, 2017
RealHaute:

Good school. Almost as good as my alma mater...lol...So you're studying linguistics?

Lol..you wish. I'm studying a particular language(portuguese major). BTW, what uni(alma mater)?
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by RealHaute: 12:43am On Mar 15, 2017
annie74:

Lol..you wish. I'm studying a particular language(portuguese major). BTW, what uni(alma mater)?

Whoo! Portuguese? Didn't see that coming. Uber cool. Unilorin. grin
You should prolly get some sleep. Let's chat later in the day, aii? Can't wait to learn some portuguese phrases though. Tchau! smiley
Re: Man Utd Facing Striker Crisis Ahead Of Chelsea Macth As 3 Strikers Gets Injured by annie74(f): 12:51am On Mar 15, 2017
RealHaute:

Whoo! Portuguese? Didn't see that coming. Uber cool. Unilorin. grin
You should prolly get some sleep. Let's chat later in the day, aii? Can't wait to learn some portuguese phrases though. Tchau! smiley

Ok. Lol...you should, its still early here. Hopefully we would chat later. Tchau!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boxing Gyms In Port Harcourt / 4 Reasons Why Teslim Balogun Will Always Be A Nigerian Legend / Who Is The Fifa U17 Highest Goals Scorer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.