Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today (27050 Views)

Sacked Senator Atai Aidoko Ali Defies Court, Attends Senate Plenary / Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by malware: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2017
The Nigerian Customs Service will today commence the verification of all vehicles in the country to track those with genuine from fake documents.

In a circular released early this month, the Comptroller-General of Customs, retired Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali, approved a grace period of one month - 13th March to - 12th April - for owners of all vehicles in the country whose customs duty had not been paid to make the payment.

The service advised all motor dealers and private owners of such vehicles to visit the nearest customs office nationwide to verify and pay the appropriate duty on them.

The order by the customs authorities has, however generated serious controversy among vehicle owners and other stakeholders.

The Senate has also called for the suspension of the exercise and summoned the Customs boss, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) to appear before it tomorrow, Tuesday.

The NCS is, however insisting on its stand but with 60 percent duty rebate on all vehicles that are of 2015 model and below. After the deadline, the NCS said it would mount an aggressive anti-smuggling operation, not only at the borders but all roads nationwide to impound any vehicle that did not have appropriate duty papers and prosecute its owner.

“For the avoidance of doubt, all private car owners who are not sure of the authenticity of their vehicles’ customs documents can also approach the zonal offices to verify their status with a view to complying with the provision of the law,” the statement concluded.

Meanwhile, a group called Vehicle Owners Association of Nigeria (VOAN) has issued a seven days’ ultimatum to the Nigerian Customs Service to withdraw the directive that all vehicles whose customs duty have not been paid to have that done within one month.

The group, in a letter to the Comptroller General of Nigerian Customs Service through its solicitor, Tolu Babaleye, said the policy was ill-timed, ill-conceived and directed at the wrong set of people in the country, adding that it would unleash hardship on vehicle owners and also pit the government against the general public.

The group said the buck of failure to pay customs duty on imported vehicles should not be laid on the innocent vehicle owners but rather the dealers who imported those vehicles should be held responsible for circumventing customs checks “probably through the connivance of some customs officers.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/customs-commences-vehicles-duty-verification-today/188883.html

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 13, 2017
I will forever miss Jonathan. I have never seen a man that brought failure to a generation in two separate decades

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by hisgrace090: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2017
Ali you have been warned.
Listen to voice of wisdom.
Turning yourself into a monster against your land will only ruins the little remaining reputation you'r enjoying.
Nigerians are not fools not to know when one is about to purnish them the more.
Respect yourself to avoid the suffering masses anger.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by SalamRushdie: 7:43am On Mar 13, 2017
This is the most stupid thing I have heard all year ...This kind of executive recklessness must be frowned upon ..Ali Hammered this exercise will fail in Jesus name

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by TechRev: 7:50am On Mar 13, 2017
come to think of it, its not only cars that import duty is paid for. How about checking import duty for the phones we use, our laptops, clothes even the rice you eat.

Maddd People.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by modaink333: 7:51am On Mar 13, 2017
This man should be sacked.......

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by ThinkSmarter: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Something dey make this man morale high.
Just Negodu
Let me know if Dino Melaye and his crew only know hw to Rant angry

14 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by osile2012: 7:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Change.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by millhouse: 8:05am On Mar 13, 2017
he was planning to comply with the Senate.. but alas!!! buhari is back! in buharis voice " since my absence I understand things were getting better? Oya Ali! inflict more hardship on the people with immediate effect!"

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by emperorAY(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2017
And dis man is confidently disobeying d nigerian senate inturn all nigerians by dis barbaric action all because sai BABa is back

24 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by edo3(m): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2017
k
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Mrjoemobi: 8:50am On Mar 13, 2017
9ice move
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by money121(m): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2017
grin

My Collection Of Funny Meme and Pictures
See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3677920/collection-funny-meme-pictures

5 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Dandsome: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Just look at the man's face from the pic the OP posted... He looks like all these northerners who feel others are inferior to them.... I just tire for this country... Bubu should have stayed back in London so that we would get things right in this country....

6 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by profem1(m): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Interesting. Let's see what the Senate will do.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Negotiate: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Bicycle no follow...

Walks out
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Why is this man disobeying the people capable of taking his power away, or him get Oga at the top ney

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by realGURU(m): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Nice
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Gapsy101(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2017
[/color] grin[color=#000099] shocked
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Elnino4ladies: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2017
This man is stubborn
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by ademoladeji(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2017
This man MUST go....

Likes for my birthday

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by stubornnn: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
This man is stubborn

What the Bleep men

Me and that goat man have nothing in common angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by Elnino4ladies: 8:55am On Mar 13, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
Why is this man disobeying the people capable of taking his power away, or him get Oga at the top ney

The Senate can't sack him

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by nNEOo(m): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2017
I have noting to say...but if his actions is inline with his duty...I think he should be let alone, if his actions may cause little to no - effect on the long run, I think he should comply with the Senate,

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by tripoli007(m): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2017
Simple if you must travel through the highway park your car for your house and boars public transport .. Abi custom get checkpoint within Lagos grin cheesy
Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by bedspread: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2017
THE BATTLE LINE IS DRAWNNNN

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by islandmoon: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2017
he should go ahead, custom has been impounding registered cars in the south west before now, its not new, let them extend it to every other part of Nigeria, the custom duty paper is not valued in the north, there was a time I wanted to sell a car, I bragged about it having original custom paper and they said, its useless, they said they can get it for 2000 Naira and I was dumbfounded, I couldnt sell the car, because other guys had it at lower price on their car stands because they do not pay duty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Defies Senate's Directives, Sets To Start Vehicles Verification Today by VcStunner(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2017
Cool stuff..... until the right persons begin to sneeze in this country, things like this will continue to surface on daily basis. But well I guess it's part of making Nigeria better..you knw, inflict more pains, let them cry and with time they will adjust and forget.
Let me do and give them my bicycle papers cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Grants Emefiele N20m Bail, orders transfer to Ikoyi correctional center / Osinbajo Attends Lords Chosen Church Crusade (photos) / The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.