Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,248 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigerian Customs And Duty Verification....matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Customs And Duty Verification....matters Arising (452 Views)

Okorocha Slams Nigerian Customs Service Over Extortion Of Igbo Traders. / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / BREAKING: Senate Stops Nigerian Customs Vehicle Duty Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Customs And Duty Verification....matters Arising by youngalex(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2017
I am pleased with the efforts of the new CG in stamping out corruption from Customs,however i beg to differ with the recent directive to commence the checking of original customs papers for registered vehicles,i find that quite absurd based on the following reasons

..Customs don't have the capacity to respond to this directive should all registered car owners besiege their offices
..The responsibility of Customs to verify all registered vehicles will cause a rip off on the car owners who bought their cars many years ago as the duty the car seller paid might not have been coherent with actual duty value of those cars.
...Customs are aware that many car dealers are presently showcasing vehicles without genuine duty paid on them,why have they not stormed all dealers shops in the 36 states for duty verification.

I will suggest the CG ensures the following is implemented to ease the burden of registered vehicle duty verification

...Developing of an integrated user friendly website where all registered car users will input their chasis numbers and the status of the customs duty will be displayed ,with this the user can proceed to the bank to make an accurate payment through the TSA channel,the teller can be sent to customs office for processing,validation and issuance of genuine papers
...They(Nigerian Customs Service)should as a matter of urgency visit all car dealer shops to verify and possibly impound vehicles displayed for sale without genuine customs papers,this singular act will ensure subsequently all cars purchased by innocent Nigerians have already been verified and issued with the right duty papers

I humbly solicit this information gets to the respective quarters for necessary action
Re: Nigerian Customs And Duty Verification....matters Arising by emperorAY(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nigeria self walahi I don tired
Meanwhile today is my birthday

(1) (Reply)

UNTH Students Ordered To Vacate The School For Protesting: See Photos / Ambode And Fashola On The Same Page In Transforming Lagos / Pro Sagay A Major Fueller Of Crisis Betweem Executive And Legislators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.