Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message (6300 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ganduje Sleeping, 'Pretending' At Public Functions / Ganduje: 'I Don't Sleep At Public Functions, I Only Pretend'' / Aisha Buhari Announces Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by akelicious(m): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
After spending 50 days in London, for undisclosed health-related reasons, President Muhamamdu Buhari, has on Sunday night, informed Nigerians that his resumption to duty would not be dramatic, as he plans to stop attending outdoor Presidential functions, until he fully recuperates.

Buhari, who spoke through his Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Garba Shehu, stated this during an interview on Sunday, in Abuja, on Arise Television News Network

“Let me first of all caution that he (Buhari) is not going to start in a dramatic way. He has been away from the country for nearly two months, so he needs to get into the temperature of the place.

“For instance, yesterday he went through the newspapers page by page, and he read everything that interested him.

“So he needs to get back to that place. The thing is that he’s basically human like all of us. He is coming out of an ailment, and like he himself had said, he needs to start gradually.

“Don’t expect the President to be given neck-breaking schedules or punishing schedules like from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or sometimes to 1 a.m. to 2 a.m.,” Garba submitted.

Asked whether Buhari would be fully in charge once he resumes, the Presidential Aide said: “The responsibility is his; that is the position of the Constitution.

“The moment the letter goes to the National Assembly and he says I am back, he is back.

“This is not a President by his style of leadership, whose hands dictate every detail.

“People make the observation that perhaps Ministers under this government are the most powerful Ministers we have had in this Republic.

“He doesn’t call each month to say that a contract should go to Mr. A, B, or C, or that road should be channeled through this or that.”

Garba further elaborated on the role of the Vice President, adding that: “even before the President’s departure, the Vice President had a full plate”.

“He has again on record, been one of the busiest Vice Presidents in our country; the President has delegated so much to him,” Shehu explained.

On when Buhari would return to London for further medical treatment, Garba said though the actual date remained uncertain, the decision would solely “be determined by him (Buhari) and his own Doctors”.

“But he has given notice that he will need to go back, and that is normal,” he added.

Speaking on the propaganda and half-truths on the President’s illness, Garba said: “You don’t say what you don’t know, that is one.

“Two, matters of medical disclosure are extremely private. In the course of the process, Femi Adesina, got a long note from the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, describing what disclosure would mean in medical science.”
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/03/buhari-announces-retirement-from-public.html

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by emeijeh(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
Yea,
And it was not carried by Channels, TVC, AIT et al.
You only saw it on The South-Sudan Evening chronicle, and you brought it here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by luckyz4rea(m): 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
Where is the announced retirement plus the heartbreaking message?

I think there's need to start bringing cane to nairaland so as to spank people like this to stop creating and spreading deceiful and misleading topic to get traffic!

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Jabioro: 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
Horsewhips or police Barton would be better to do needful. For who ever have wrong caption news, fake news,and sort of unwarranted attention needed to be horsewhip...
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by pbethel: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
Heheehe
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Jifem(m): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Meanwhile checkout mah latest work(track) through dis link http://picosong.com/GttM

Jahbless
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by doingood: 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thank God baba want to retire. This is d best for u. May u live long baba 83 yrs.
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ipod yoots are still mourning
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by flames007(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
luckyz4rea:
Where is the announced retirement plus the heartbreaking message?

I think there's need to start bringing cane to nairaland so as to spank people like this to stop creating and spreading deceiful and misleading topic to get traffic!
Seriously.....it's so annoying.I normally just scan through lenghty posts but I. Purposely read every line of this misleading post and it's just crap.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Adminisher: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
The man who started the thread sat down and put a FALSE headline on true news
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by panegyrics: 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
Baba no wan retire. He don dey hear say naija ppl dey hail osinbajo, up and down, he come talk say him don resume work kiakia. Baba since all ur advisers are not doing their jobs well by advising you to consider ur health and retire as soon as possible....I wan do the job for them, and i promise not to collect any charges at all at all. 'BABA your present condition no fit control nigerians walahi, pls save the remaining strength in you because ur service is highly needed in the ODA ROOM. U self knw say truth dey bitter, but if u could follow my advise i swear u go live long. Its high time u stop going to abroad on and off for one ailment or the oda at the expenses of our money because u urself know say old age don dey worry u, yes na old age dey cause all dis sickness u dey go treat for abroad. Pls help urself by writing ur resignation letter and not resumption letter'. I'm not a politician but one of the good Nigerians. Thank u sir.
God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA.
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by ThinkSmarter: 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
“So he needs to get back to that place. The thing is that he’s basically human like all of us. He is coming out of an ailment, and like he himself had said, he needs to start gradually.

Finally they have admitted that he was sick, no more hale and hearty.
These cabals re taking Nigerians for fools, so u knew he can't be able to handle all the demands of his office, yet you re still packaging him like stock fish instead of telling that mpa to go and rest.
Why is 65years stipulated for retirement.
Instead of the cabals to allow Osinbajo to continue his good works. They smuggled you in in order to continue looting and manipulating.
BMC, kontinue, Nigerians re watching u all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Ozy1308(m): 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mtcheeeew...nonsense
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by LajaLaba: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
Igbos grin
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Skimpledawg(m): 12:55am On Mar 14, 2017
It's a great day for me Great minds. Celebrate with me.
Happy Birthday to me cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by boss1310(m): 6:14am On Mar 14, 2017
make una dey use this country dey play ping pong,God is watching
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by lonelydora: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2017
I find this post ridiculous
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Ermacc: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2017
This man is really greedy. He should just retire
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by yusufibrahim(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
What's AL this... This is very misleading someone could just come and read the headline and start to spread untrue rumour if u want to write some give it the title that says wats in the content nor giving ur story a title and the content says otherwise
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by junduphat: 9:39am On Mar 14, 2017
why must you lie because you want people to visit your fake news website?

akelicious:
After spending 50 days in London, for undisclosed health-related reasons, President Muhamamdu Buhari, has on Sunday night, informed Nigerians that his resumption to duty would not be dramatic, as he plans to stop attending outdoor Presidential functions, until he fully recuperates.

Buhari, who spoke through his Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Garba Shehu, stated this during an interview on Sunday, in Abuja, on Arise Television News Network

“Let me first of all caution that he (Buhari) is not going to start in a dramatic way. He has been away from the country for nearly two months, so he needs to get into the temperature of the place.

“For instance, yesterday he went through the newspapers page by page, and he read everything that interested him.

“Don’t expect the President to be given neck-breaking schedules or punishing schedules like from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or sometimes to 1 a.m. to 2 a.m.,” Garba submitted.

Asked whether Buhari would be fully in charge once he resumes, the Presidential Aide said: “The responsibility is his; that is the position of the Constitution.

“The moment the letter goes to the National Assembly and he says I am back, he is back.

“This is not a President by his style of leadership, whose hands dictate every detail.

“People make the observation that perhaps Ministers under this government are the most powerful Ministers we have had in this Republic.

“He doesn’t call each month to say that a contract should go to Mr. A, B, or C, or that road should be channeled through this or that.”

Garba further elaborated on the role of the Vice President, adding that: “even before the President’s departure, the Vice President had a full plate”.

“He has again on record, been one of the busiest Vice Presidents in our country; the President has delegated so much to him,” Shehu explained.

On when Buhari would return to London for further medical treatment, Garba said though the actual date remained uncertain, the decision would solely “be determined by him (Buhari) and his own Doctors”.

“But he has given notice that he will need to go back, and that is normal,” he added.

Speaking on the propaganda and half-truths on the President’s illness, Garba said: “You don’t say what you don’t know, that is one.

“Two, matters of medical disclosure are extremely private. In the course of the process, Femi Adesina, got a long note from the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, describing what disclosure would mean in medical science.”
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/03/buhari-announces-retirement-from-public.html
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2017
akelicious:

“Two, matters of medical disclosure are extremely private.

Gotta love the positive spin from Garba Shehu

This is PR on steriods
Re: Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message by Enigo: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
He has tried

(1) (Reply)

About Igalas, Idomas And Biafra / Tinubu Joins Endsars Movement / Lekki Massacre:st Nicholas Hospital Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.