Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr (6354 Views)

Help! My Click Through Rate Has Dropped So Low (now 0.2%) / How To Permanently Decrease Your Google Adsense Click Through Rate (CTR) / Top 10 Tips On How To Increase Your Adsense Page CTR (click-through-rate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by SalesConsultant(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Click-Through Rate CTR is the number of clicks received for every hundred ad impressions. That is, if you display one Google AdSense ad unit on your blog and it is shown 100 times and if visitors clicked on it 2 times; then you're getting 2% CTR.

Google AdSense is perhaps the most reliable way for professional bloggers to earn income from blogging. Thus, learning how to increase Google AdSense CTR. High Click-through Rate is important factor in revenue that you can get from ads on your blog or website. Bloggers display Google ads on their blog. When their readers click on such ads, bloggers get a share in revenue from Google.

How Much Should Be CTR?
There are some novice bloggers out there who claim to have CTR rate of 20% or above. All this is a lie. Such high CTR rates can not be achieved without playing tricks and doing manipulations (like ads in floating DIV or altering look of ads with CSS). Google badly punishes such attempts of unnaturally increasing CTR. Click-through rate of 2-3% is good. Even up to 5% is also good. But if it is higher than 5%, you should be concerned. This is because Google will take notice of such high CTR and will look deep into your website. If it finds that you're violating AdSense policies, your AdSense account could blocked forever.

As I said, by trying and increase CTR rate you can balance the effect of low CPC to some extent. It is important that your website or blog gets a healthy CTR. Let's have a look at methods that can help you in this regard:

1. Placement of Ads
This is probably the most obvious and most important factor. CTR has a lot to do with where exactly you place your ads. In general, it is recommended that the ads that are placed within or near the actual content, such ads will get better CTR. Well-placed ads get more eyeballs and therefore more CTR.
Which are the best positions for AdSense Ads?

• Right below post title
• After two paragraphs in the content
• At the end of the post content
• Top of the sidebar Sidebar
• Header

2. Responsive layout
Even if most of your readers are using desktop to read your blog, you must not be ignorant about the importance of having a responsive website layout.
If your website is not responsive, you will lose a significant amount of CTR that you could have gained through your readers who open your blog on mobile phones. Blogger.com is naturally not mobile friendly. Placing ad on desktop view won’t appear mobile without directly working on the Html code. Simply type: /?m=1 after your site name e.g www.yoursite..com/?m=1 or www.yoursite.com/?m=1 if you have hosted domain, Check out if your website is mobile responsive. If it is not! Make it!

3. Sizes of Ads
Bigger ads get noticed rather easily and increase CTR rate. But this theory should not prompt you to use ONLY the biggest available ads! Actually, ads must look naturally and easily fit in the layout of your website. If your ad size will be “odd”, the overall look and feel of your blog will suffer and you'll lose readers.
You should look for the best AdSense ad size that suits your website. There is no universally best performing ad size or type.

4. Avoid Ad Blindness
If you have a good number of regular readers, you should consider the factor of ad blindness. Those readers who regularly come back to your website, they become the so-called “ad-blind”… they become so used to with your blog's layout that their brain will stop noticing places where you put ads. Remember, readers are coming to your blog to read content and not to see or click on your ads. So, they will ignore ad spaces. As a result, CTR and revenue both will decrease.
You can avoid ad blindness by regularly changing the position, sizes and types of your ads. If you're using other ad networks as alternative of AdSense, some of these networks do provide unconventional ad formats. Such ad formats help in reducing ad blindness.

5. Niche and Good Quality Content
If your website caters to a particular niche, it is more likely that your CTR will be on higher side. This is because Google AdSense is a contextual ad serving program. It serves ads which are related with the content of your website. So, the readers are likely to click ads that are from same or similar domain of information.

Quality of content is indisputably most important criteria for the success of your website. Good quality content not only gets you more traffic but also anchors the traffic on your website for longer period. And thereby it increases the chances of higher CTR.

6. Increase Search Traffic
This is a the holy-grail of blogging. If most of your website traffic is not coming from search engines, it is not a good situation. I would say that at least 70% of your overall traffic should be from search engines. Visitors who come through search engines are more likely to click on ads because those people are on a quest to find information.

7. Reduce Bounce Rate
You must try to reduce bounce rate of your blog to as low as possible. A lower bounce rate means that readers visit more pages, they see more ads and therefore are more likely to click on AdSense ads. The result? A higher CTR. Having Trending, popular related articles below you post will help reduce bounce rate.

How much CTR are you getting? Do you think you need to increase your AdSense CTR? Share in comments and discuss any issue you're facing regarding CTR.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by efepro(m): 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
AdSense is a scam

low CPC rate for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by SalesConsultant(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
efepro:
AdSense is scammed

low CPC rate for Nigeria

Hmmmm... What's your blogging niche?
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by SalesConsultant(m): 5:00am On Mar 17, 2017
Share your experience grin
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by frankobaba(m): 6:52am On Mar 17, 2017
PLEASE I HAVR BEEN TRYING TO ADD GOOGLE ADSENSE TO MY BLOG FOR MONTHS NOW.

MY APPLICATION IS ALWAYS TURNED DOWN. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW I CAN SUCCESSFULLY REG AND PLACE ADDS.

MY BLOG IS www.itsfranklin.com
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by oganass(m): 6:54am On Mar 17, 2017
okay ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2017
efepro:
AdSense is scammed

low CPC rate for Nigeria

Any other alternative?

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by khristals(m): 7:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Nice piece
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2017
Thanks op @SalesConsultant
You are the best!

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 17, 2017
Exactly my dear
efepro:
AdSense is scammed

low CPC rate for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Bigajeff(m): 7:08am On Mar 17, 2017
AdSense AdSense Adsense
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Onlytru: 7:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Don't let this distract you from the fact that Linde Ikeji "allegedly" made her dough, ego, kudi from adsense. If you work hard you might be the next LI.

~oNLYtRU~
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by gsogbu(m): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2017
For over a year now Google have refused to approve my site. Everyday they give me new excuses for not approving it. Anyway i have dumped them and comfortably using alternativeadvert.com. Here is my blog... http://xwondahmix.com

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by godswillzeky(m): 7:30am On Mar 17, 2017
VISIT THIS BLOG TO GET TUTORIALS ON HOW TO DO ANY THING: https://zekylcious..co.ke/?m=1
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Adieza(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2017
Just here to read comment, Notice to bloggers, if u blog in Agriculture kindly PM me.

Www.agricinfo.com
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 17, 2017
I actually got my Adsense within a day

you have to get things ready before applying for adsense,you cant just open a site and in a week you are requesting for adsesnse
you must have done your site map and have posts as many as possible

while posting for the first time before adsense is granted to you,try to avoid explicit contents

I waited for a month before i applied,check www.Freemouthed.com Then i had like 100posts before i applied

www.freemouthed.com

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by JeffreyJames(m): 8:05am On Mar 17, 2017
efepro:
AdSense is scammed

low CPC rate for Nigeria

Lol that's not Adsense's fault..That's because Nigerian advertisers don't pay much .Take for example one click on Nigerian ad like jiji is $0.01 because that's what Jiji set. It's why some bloggers don't like Nigerian traffic.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by fineyemi(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Good one from the OP
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Negotiate: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2017
JeffreyJames:

Lol that's not Adsense's fault..That's because Nigerian advertisers don't pay much .Take for example one click on Nigerian ad like jiji is $0.01 because that's what Jiji set. It's why some bloggers don't like Nigerian traffic.

Who are you?
You're very helpful here.
Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by kayo80(m): 9:14am On Mar 17, 2017
My target is to be making $10 a day on my blog- kaysrapzone.com with Google Adsense. I currently make an average of 30 cents a day. Any advice on how to achieve this will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by JeffreyJames(m): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2017
Negotiate:

Who are you?
You're very helpful here.
Are you on WhatsApp?

Yes I am
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by Negotiate: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2017
JeffreyJames:

Yes I am

Let me get your number. I'll invite you to a group.
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by krisjovi(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2017
i just applied for adsense, no ad placement in my web pages but google adsense is disapproving me for invalid click activities even though there is no ad placed yet. please how do i get around this. thanks.
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by JeffreyJames(m): 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
Negotiate:

Let me get your number. I'll invite you to a group.

Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by charijee(f): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
JeffreyJames:

Is this your number
Re: 7 Ways To Increase Your Adsense Click Through Rate - Ctr by SalesConsultant(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
krisjovi:
i just applied for adsense, no ad placement in my web pages but google adsense is disapproving me for invalid click activities even though there is no ad placed yet. please how do i get around this. thanks.

Did you buy the Adsense account?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adsense Payment For Nov 21, 2018 :e-mail Notification And Bank Alert / The West Africa Bloggers Conference 2015 Starts Today / Help!!! How To Add My Site To A Facebook Like Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.