Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old (1079 Views)

Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) / Jolly Nyame Jailed For 14 Years For Fraud / James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/13/south-africa-court-sentences-nigerian-man-25-years-prison-human-trafficking/

South Gauteng High Court, on Monday sentenced a Nigerian residing in South Africa, Eke Ugochukwu, to 25 years imprisonment for trafficking a 15-year-old girl and forcing her into prostitution.

He was also found guilty of living-off the proceeds of sexual exploitation‚ being an accomplice to rape and contravening the Prevention and Combating of Trafficking in Persons Act of the country.

According to Judge Majake Mabasele, Ugochukwu will spend only 20 years out of the 25 years sentence behind bars.

“The accused is sentenced to 15 years for counts 3‚ 4 ‚ 5 ‚ 6 together.

“However, he is sentenced to another 10 years on count 8; which makes a total 25 years. But, five years will run concurrently with the 15 years above‚

“Therefore the accused is sentenced to an effective term of 20 years imprisonment,” said Judge Majake Mabasele.

Earlier, Ugochukwu’s lawyer had pleaded with the court to be lenient on his client‚ arguing that he was first time offender‚ and had a mother and child to support and had turned his back on his drug dealing ways.

However, Judge Mabasele said he did not agree that a fine would be an appropriate punishment.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2017

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by seunlly(m): 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nigerians and their Silly act
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
seunlly:
Nigerians and their Silly act

Actually it's IPOB and their silly acts grin

They are the "main" reasons for xenophobia in South Africa because of cases like this undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
The developers of Lagos grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by project8(m): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
These pple again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by shukuokukobambi: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
stubornnn:

Actually it's IPOB and their silly acts grin

They are the "main" reasons for xenophobia in South Africa because of cases like this undecided

I don't agree. He's an afonja angry

They only wore a mask on him like the one they wore for the fake Buhari that arrived on friday angry

Mehn, being silly to believe the nonsense I wrote up there isn't easy o but I know those who will make the effort cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Epositive(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
xstry:
The developers of Lagos grin
who told ya grin grin grin

#positivevibes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by nextprince: 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Liepods and human trafficking have been 5 & 6 from time immemorial.

These same flat headed creatures surviving on the sexual enslavement of a 15 yr old are the ones bleating upandan on the marriage of a 17yr old girl from the North.

How more mischievous and hypocritical can one be for God's sake?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by momentarylapse: 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
Chineke? Maka why ehn Eke?

Ndi biafla have disgraced my micro waved jewish dream republic again oh! Chimo! Ugochukwu why? cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by omenkaLives(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Shun tribalism! grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

I don't agree. He's an afonja angry

They only wore a mask on him like the one they wore for the fake Buhari that arrived on friday angry

Mehn, being silly to believe the nonsense I wrote up there isn't easy o but I know those who will make the effort cheesy

grin
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
momentarylapse:

Ndi biafla have disgraced my micro waved jewish dream republic again oh! Chimo! Ugochukwu why? cry
grin
momentarylapse:

you never see anything sef

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mynd44

Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by decatalyst(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
How many people support fight against rape and molestation?

For first pics, like and for the second punishment, share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by pedel: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Op, change the title of this post. The man carries a BIAFRAN passport. He is not a Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Adiola(f): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
stubornnn:

grin
you have been running amok trying to paint the Igbo nation black since yesterday ,well mister jobless entity hope you won't cry foul when our brothers across the Niger litter the internet with carnibals from ogun

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
Adiola:
you have been running amok trying to paint the Igbo nation black since yesterday ,well mister jobless entity hope you won't cry foul when our brothers across the Niger litter the internet with carnibals from ogun

Aren't you Yoruba again?

Wetin concern you and Ipob grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Adiola(f): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
stubornnn:

Aren't you Yoruba again?

Wetin concern you and Ipob grin
I stand for justice that's all.. I have parent from both sides

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Adiola:
I stand for justice that's all.. I have parent from both sides

You're a liar. What's the meaning of "adiola" ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by ThinkSmarter: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
Modern day slavery.
Serves him right
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by engreo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by stubornnn: 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
engreo:
Igbos

grin

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by tijjanioyan: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
IpobExposed:
dont tel me dat dis is d Logo of Igbo
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by Iamwrath: 6:14am On Mar 14, 2017
Dude, when you search for the multi purpose die hard criminals

You know where to look
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by loopman: 6:17am On Mar 14, 2017
omenkaLives:
Shun tribalism! grin cheesy grin

Subtle tribalism is the blood of Nairaland. grin

Flatheadss always leaving footprints behind wherever they go.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Raping And Trafficking 15-year-old by loopman: 6:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Adiola:

Then others will litter NL with dead and kwashiorkor stricken Biafrans.
Have you seen a biafran albino suffering kwashiorkor?

(1) (Reply)

Burn Our Membership Cards To Ashes, We're Hungry, Say APC Defectors In Akwa Ibom / FlashBack: Vacate The South, Asari-dokubo’s Group Ask Northerners / If Osibanjo Does What I Say, There Will Be No Civil War- Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.