Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,277 members, 7,860,642 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:38 PM

Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Commandment Of Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Commandment Of Love (272 Views)

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Commandment Of Love by Ken4Christ: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
Monday, March 13th.
The New Commandment of Love.

" A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another". (John 13:34).

Our Lord Jesus gave us a new Commandment of love different from that of the Old Testament Commandment of Love. Ironically, the Church still preach more of the old commandment of love and hardly talk about the new commandment of love.

The old commandment of love said, "...love thy neighbour as thyself...". (Leviticus 19:18). This Commandment demands you treat people the way you treat yourself. For instance, if you take a friend out to an eatery, give him the same meal you order for yourself. Don't order for fruit juice and give him sachet water to drink.

But the new Commandment of Love requires you to love the brethren the way Jesus loved us. How did Jesus loved us? He laid down his life for us. He said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". (John 15:13). This Commandment requires so much sacrifice. Hence Jesus said, "Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth". (Luke 12:33).

The early Church practiced it. As it is written, "And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need". (Acts 2:44-45). The Apostles also admonished the Church to reach out to the poor.

Cultivate the habit of reaching to the needy brethren around you. The Scripture says, "Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren". (1st John 4:11; 3:16).

Denying your brother help when it is within your power to help is a sin that could cost you your salvation. Remember the parable of the sheep and goat. Jesus said, he will separate the sheep from the goat on judgment day. He will tell the sheep, "...Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me".(Matthew 25:34-36). The goats will be cast into everlasting fire because they did otherwise. Therefore, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away". (Matthew 5:42).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Glorious God and everlasting Father, I bless your glorious name. I thank you Lord Jesus for laying down your life for us. I ask for your grace to also lay down my life for my brethren in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will tread on snakes and scorpions and over all the powers of the enemies in the name of Jesus. They will come against you one way and flee seven ways in the name of Jesus. God will not deliver you to the will of wicked men in the name of Jesus. He will grant your heart's desire and lift you up beyond your wildest dreams and imaginations in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Acts 4:34-35; 1st John 3:17-18.
Daily Scripture Reading: Numbers 21-22; 2nd Thessalonians 1-2.

(1) (Reply)

Politics And The Bible... / How To Get And Keep True Love / Repentance Is A Condition Precedent To Forgiveness OR Vice Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.