Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? (17181 Views)

Between Infinix And Tecno Phones Which Is Better / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by tomdon(m): 8:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Tenkobos:
A faulty charging port on phones with no removable battery renders the entire phone useless

that makes the idea of inbuilt batteries totally a bad concept
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Kobicove(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2017
I prefer phones with removable battery

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by ojhandsome(m): 8:41am On Mar 14, 2017
apoti:
The concept of non removable battery started because most phone manufacturers are moving towards water resistant phones. There's no way you can have a water resistant phone with a removable battery.

Whether you like it or not in few years time all phones will have a non removable battery compartment. The water resistant technology is already out there and in high end phones. , More research is just being done to make cheaper then it will become a standard feature in all phones.

Samsung Galaxy s5 is water and dust resistant and u can also remove the battery
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by sou1p1an0(m): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2017
wink
Trybes:
I won't accept a non removable battery phone for free
...pls accept d fone nd jus alert me cus i no get fone...i asked first wink
Trybes:
I won't accept a non removable battery phone for free
...pls accept d fone nd jus alert me cus i no get fone...i asked first
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by emmavis4u0052(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2017
I prefer removable battery cos its more convenient . I have a battery problem on my ipad , cos the battery is non removable I just kept d pad one side unlike my itelS31 where is battery low I will just put my spare battery

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by vision2050: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2017
holamiday:
Non-removable of course. No tampering with the battery, no risk of battery theft.
people still dey steal battery? Why not the whole phone.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by ollah2: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2017
apoti:
The concept of non removable battery started because most phone manufacturers are moving towards water resistant phones. There's no way you can have a water resistant phone with a removable battery.

Whether you like it or not in few years time all phones will have a non removable battery compartment. The water resistant technology is already out there and in high end phones. , More research is just being done to make cheaper then it will become a standard feature in all phones.

Samsung galaxy S5 says hi
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by eleojo23: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

Lolzz there is always a reset button for both removable and non removable battery, just google it.

Oh really? Never knew.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by miketayo(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2017
eleojo23:

Oh really? Never knew.

yup, i simply just hold volume down and power button and my phone restarts
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by miketayo(m): 10:39am On Mar 14, 2017
blackweaver:

I remember an instance when I flashed a custom rom via twrp on my phone with a non-removable battery. When I restarted the phone it entered a bootloop and I couldn't power it down and it wouldn't enter recovery either . The first time that happened I had to let the battery run down before I could enter recovery and restore my backup.
Later on I found out I could have flashed another rom with spflashtool.
Even then flashing with spflashtool takes a longer time and I will still have to flash back my previous rom. With a removable battery I can just remove the battery, put it back, boot into recovery and restore backup.

I remember another instance where a friends phone had hung and he hadn't been able to power it down. It turned out he needed to put it under a certain amount of illumination before holding the power button long enough would work.

Personally I don't believe one is better than the other, people just have preferences. I prefer removable so I don't have to press a button for a certain amount of time before I can power down a phone.

i simply just hold volume down and power button and my phone restarts
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by eleojo23: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

yup, i simply just hold volume down and power button and my phone restarts

That was what I was referring to before na

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 14, 2017
vision2050:
people still dey steal battery? Why not the whole phone.
Guy people still dey swap battery o. Swapping=Stealing
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by ewizard1: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2017
Reason why I got a Note4 instead of 5!!!
REMOVABLE
Same as SD Card Slot!
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Sylvaxxl1(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2017
I laugh when I see ppl hailing non removable batteries. in Nigeria its cool cos of battery theft especially on resale but you have no idea on how easy it is to get spied on even if your phone is switched off and there's battery in it
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by blackweaver(m): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

i simply just hold volume down and power button and my phone restarts

it might not work if your phone is stuck in a bootloop. I'm speaking from experience
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Zetra(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
texazzpete:

I had to check to be sure we were still in 2017. This type of problem went away years ago...unless you're buying some of the very cheap chinese clones.

What 2undexy said is true, Samsung 6edge after like 3months of using it, hanged, I had to allow the battery to drain before it could reset.
I sold the Phone after 6months of usage sold it, battery retain mentioned is poor even when on flight mode but I miss it's camera, super sharp/clear
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by jtjohn(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Removable battery is far cheaper than Non removable.....I prefer a removable battery. Though am currently using a Non Removable battery.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by tmanis(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
Tenkobos:
A faulty charging port on phones with no removable battery renders the entire phone useless
FALLACY.

jtjohn:
Removable battery is far cheaper than Non removable......
FALLACY.

apoti:
FALLACY.

texazzpete:
The trend these days is for phones to be waterproof. A non-removable battery helps with that.
FALLACY.

Abudu2000:
Non removable batteries makes it easier to make water resistant phones,

but like the blacks, its very difficult for us adapting to change, we like to stick to the old fashion

that's why you still see guys that argue that manual cars are far better than auto drive, give those same people 10 more years then they will come to appreciate auto cars and by then,

they can garrantee that the battery is probably gonna last more than the phone itself or they might die almost the same time.....
FANTASTIC FALLACIES.

miketayo:

Lolzz there is always a reset button for both removable and non removable battery, just google it.
FALLACY.

Yorobastard:

Fact is non-removable battery are used to spy on you, remember that your phone can still send out signals even when you think the battery is dead

The only good thing about non removable battery is that it's going to spoil the business for those people selling fake batteries.....shikena
FALLACY.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by jtjohn(m): 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
tmanis:
FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FANTASTIC FALLACIES.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.
Is your name Fallacy or u just held the word new? lol
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by miketayo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
blackweaver:

it might not work if your phone is stuck in a bootloop. I'm speaking from experience

maybe for android devices, but for windows or IOS it will, even if u r stuck while trying to upgrade the OS. it ll revert to d previous version.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Abudu2000(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
tmanis:
FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.

FANTASTIC FALLACIES.

FALLACY.

FALLACY.
How foolish your quote looks, i was expecting to see some points and reasons rather u just wrote the only word available to your daft brain....or were you out of words to use??
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by tmanis(m): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
Abudu2000:
How foolish your quote looks, i was expecting to see some points and reasons rather u just wrote the only word available to your daft brain....or were you out of words to use??
Oops! I struck a nerve there, and behold, he came at me with insults... Thank God I know the mentality of the person I'm dealing with, now I don't have to drag myself down.... I'll pass on this one
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by blackweaver(m): 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

maybe for android devices, but for windows or IOS it will, even if u r stuck while trying to upgrade the OS. it ll revert to d previous version.

OK, never owned iOS or windows phones before
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by texazzpete(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
Zetra:

What 2undexy said is true, Samsung 6edge after like 3months of using it, hanged, I had to allow the battery to drain before it could reset.
I sold the Phone after 6months of usage sold it, battery retain mentioned is poor even when on flight mode but I miss it's camera, super sharp/clear

You can usually reset most smartphones these days with some key press combination. You should have done a google search for help.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by texazzpete(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
tmanis:
Oops! I struck a nerve there, and behold, he came at me with insults... Thank God I know the mentality of the person I'm dealing with, now I don't have to drag myself down.... I'll pass on this one

He was wrong to insult you, but it does seem like you have nothing to add to this discussion.

I for one would be interested to see just how exactly you refute my point instead of the unhelpful (and in my case, wrong) 'fallacy' response.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
eleojo23:
Removable is better because it is easier to 'reset' the phone when it is misbehaving by just removing the battery and putting it back.
But for non-removable battery phones, the only way to do that is to press almost all the buttons on the phone simultaneously in order to bring the phone back to it's senses and this can make you loose some files.

I am speaking based on my own experience.

For a non removable battery, hold the power button for 15 seconds for automatic reboot
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by kogbaski99: 1:45am On Mar 15, 2017
I'll always go for the non removable ones like my Tecno l8 plus
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Zetra(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2017
texazzpete:

You can usually reset most smartphones these days with some key press combination. You should have done a google search for help.
you didn't get my point it was showing just plan white and all the button combination refuse to work. I called my friend (a phone technician) he was the one that suggested I should not charge it, just allow the battery to run down (phone went completely) before charging it.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Mustack: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
blackweaver:

I remember an instance when I flashed a custom rom via twrp on my phone with a non-removable battery. When I restarted the phone it entered a bootloop and I couldn't power it down and it wouldn't enter recovery either . The first time that happened I had to let the battery run down before I could enter recovery and restore my backup.
Later on I found out I could have flashed another rom with spflashtool.
Even then flashing with spflashtool takes a longer time and I will still have to flash back my previous rom. With a removable battery I can just remove the battery, put it back, boot into recovery and restore backup.

I remember another instance where a friends phone had hung and he hadn't been able to power it down. It turned out he needed to put it under a certain amount of illumination before holding the power button long enough would work.

Personally I don't believe one is better than the other, people just have preferences. I prefer removable so I don't have to press a button for a certain amount of time before I can power down a phone.
Removable is most better.. Am a fan of custom ROMs with twrp and spflashtool
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by nada4u0052(f): 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
emmavis4u0052:
I prefer removable battery cos its more convenient . I have a battery problem on my ipad , cos the battery is non removable I just kept d pad one side unlike my itelS31 where is battery low I will just put my spare battery
I totally agree with you one these .. how much did u buy ur itelS31 phone?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andriod Tweaking Thread / Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / Credit/air Time To Data For Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.