Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,418 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor (526 Views)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Your Letter Didn’t Say I Should Appear In Uniform, Ali Tells Senate / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
THE Comptroller -General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali, rtd who has been summoned to appear before the Senate tomorrow, said on Tuesday that he cannot appear because he has a management meeting to attend.
In a letter to the Senate and signed by an Assistant Comptroller – General, Hameed Ali asked the Senate to differ the date of his appearance against the backdrop that the summon coincides with the Routine Management meeting of the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS. The letter was read at plenary by the Clerk of the Senate. The Senate however kicked against the position of the Customs boss, insisting that he must appear. In his remarks, Senate Leader, Ahmad Lawan who suggested that a new date be fixed for him to appear, however said that two wrongs cannot make a right. Senator Lawan’s position was however kicked against by Senator James Manager, Delta South who urged the senators to be firm as the position of the upper chambers was being tested, adding that he met a very strong Senate, it is still strong and he would want to leave behind a very strong Senate.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/cant-appear-meeting-customs-boss-tells-senate/

Re: I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor by pepperandsalt(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
IS ALRIGHT. ENJOY YOUR MEETING WHILE WE WATCH THE DRAMA ON 3D
Re: I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor by SalamRushdie: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
Buhari and his reckless team have started putting undue pressure on the battered naira again ...Does this CG know the international Business world are listening ..at a time Etisalat Nigeria is searching for new investors in the middle which investor will want to come to a place where Senior Customs boss can't even obey simple instructions like putting on a uniform or showing up for a Senate hearing
Re: I Can’t Appear Before You, I Have A Meeting, Customs Boss Tells Senate Read Mor by Mynd44: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2017

(1)

Anambra 2017 Governorship Poll: One Seat, Hundreds Of Pretenders And Contenders / Buhari To Visit Sambisa Forest - Punch Newspaper / Soludo Advises Igbos On 2019.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.