Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform (36351 Views)

List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by deantimes(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2017
THE Senate appears set for a showdown with the Comptroller of Nigeria Customs Service, Hameed Ali, after lawmakers rejected Mr. Ali’s plan not to appear before them on Wednesday.

Mr. Ali had earlier on Tuesday informed the Senate that he would not appear as scheduled as he had the Customs management meeting already slated for the same Wednesday.

The Senate wants him to explain the Customs’ planned clampdown on vehicles that have no duty clearance.

But senators rejected his excuse, with Senate Leader Ahmed Lawan saying it was not acceptable.

“The integrity of the Senate is being tested,” said James Manager, PDP-Delta, who also picked hole in the way the letter was addressed.

Premium Times reports that Members approved a vote called by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to reject Mr. Ali’s letter, and therefore mandated him “to appear in uniform tomorrow (Wednesday as scheduled) by 10:30 AM“.

The Senate summoned Mr. Ali over Customs’ plan to impound vehicles that have no import duty clearance. It specifically asked him to a ppear in uniform.

But on Friday, Mr. Ali defended

the plan, and said he was only going to honour the Senate’s summon if the invitation.

“I was not appointed Comptroller General to wear uniform,” he said.

Mr. Ali, a retired colonel, was appointed Customs chief in 2015 by President Muhammadu Buhari, becoming the second to be so appointed from outside the service.

Under former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, Bello Haliru was also appointed head of Customs from outside the service.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/senate-to-custom-cg-ali-you-must-appear-before-us-in-uniform/

[img]http://2.bp..com/-KbO1oJNacyI/VZFOt4iMpkI/AAAAAAAAoB8/lw1BdiWuSmQ/s1600/ali34.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by okonja(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ghen ghen......Is about to go down

29 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by deantimes(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Welcome lalasticlala
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Beremx(f): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin grin grin
na wa o!
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Aonkuuse(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is what is called witch hunt. why is this uniform of a thing becoming what we voted these jobless men into the Senate. Ask saraki to bring all his assets and declare

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by DropShot: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
Bunch of nincompoops the senators are.

Na today dem dey bark without being able to bite? grin grin grin

What has wearing or not wearing of uniform got to do with performance?

Besides, is it a mandatory requirement that the NCS head must wear the uniform?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by madridguy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Bunch of rogues, always bark over irrelevant issue. Nigerians in South Africa has been under severe attack for more than 2 months now the useless people keep mute over the matter, many innocent Nigerians are dieing in various prisons across the globe none of the empty brains ever raised a motion to help them get justice all they know is to foam like expired palm oil over nothing.

Hameed Ali will not appear before you people, you people should do your worst.

Mtchew

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by thinkdip(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
That guy needs to be removed asap.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by mamatayour(f): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
The show go dey interesting

10 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by hucienda: 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
back-and-forth.

Ladies and Gents, keep a date for the movie at the N'Ass complex tomorrow 15 Mar '17 ...

... ehh, don't forget to bring your popcorn along.
cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Ekiokebeke: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Will Buhari not sack this stubborn goat?

10 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by darfay: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
E
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Drienzia: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
9ja which way? Even custom boss don de challenge national Assembly... Well, I don't blame him, PMB opened the gate by disobeying court order...

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Ra88: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
GBAM

1 Like

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2017

Here we go again...

10 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by rukevweanita(f): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
d moment senate didnt take appropriate step against dis man,d rest nigerians will follow suit

19 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by yeyeboi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Aboki always displaying stupidity the the beginning of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by MSCollections: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Let's see how this drama unfolds
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by supaclean: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
laundry and cleaning services (ogun, Lagos) .....09058355323. home service available
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Emmylyon(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Them go carry cutlass pursue am come their front
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by RealHaute: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Dongreat(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Those of you saying this man is arrogant are certainly blinded by the idiocy of the senate. This man can not be told to wear uniform like a school boy to a meeting, worse still forced to attend a meeting despite the senate fully aware he was already scheduled for another. What about the attendees of the other scheduled meeting, are they not human and shouldn't they be respected too? The senators are bunch of bullies who think any one will bend and kiss em a*s.
I love people who despite being subordinates will not eat poop from their boss. You are calling on a meeting yet you are enforcing a stiff code of dressing, brushing aside the attendants of the other schedules and not being humanly despite knowing great work can only be achieve if a boss and subordinate work symbiotic.
Worse they can do is relieve him of his job and he will get a better one but his dignity is still intact and at the end it's a big blow to the ego of em yeye senators.

Ps: To those quoting me, I wish I could answer you guys but It's impossible, that said many of you guys made valid points and I am seeing fault in my statements but still I am against the senators. Maybe because I hate the "big man, Demi-God mentality". I also know that there's a crack in the appointments and as such the system is failed and the only explanation will be gross nepotism from either the president or his cabal.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by koladebrainiac(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
ITS BECAUSE WE NIGERIA ARE NOT DEMANDING MUCH FROM THESE SENATE PEOPLE

WHO HAS ASKED THEM TO PUBLISH THEIR BUDGET B4? WE DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH THEY INCUR AS SENATORS..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by DEXTROVERT: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Whay
Will
Happen
If
He
Didn't
Wear
Uniform
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by crestedaguiyi: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
nothing go happen, baba don come.

herdsmen go soon start to kill carelessly with state backing and protection

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by fuckbulhary: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Zoo Republic!
Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
This man has pride in him.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by eminikansoso(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin
Why accepting the position if you can't act and dress like a custom officer?
Abi you swear when you retired as a colonel in Army not to wear anything uniform again?

8 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
So, this is how we're gonna move from Apostle Sule to Alhaji Ali?

Bloggers go sell this year o.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by chloedogie(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
In as much as I respect Buhari and this administration, if this man goes away with this act, then I loose all the respect I have for them. How could a whole senate ask you to do something and you decide not to because you have the backing of the president? Why can't he wear the uniform of the sector he's heading? And during APC campaigns, he could wear APC uniforms and attires?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by Sammypope4all(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
U self wear uniform go come back now, hian........

3 Likes

Re: Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform by capable04(m): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Funny parliament, instead of tackling the issue, they dey argue because of cloth." Shey no be tailor sew cloth in fela voice".

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun / Garba Shehu To Dump Buhari Soon – Fayose / Boko Haram Kills Bulama Bukar Maradona, Civilian JTF Chairman In Borno(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.