Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

Women Who Made History…today - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Women Who Made History…today (544 Views)

Women Who Made History…today / Women Who Made History…today / Women Who Made History…today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Who Made History…today by VirtueDigest: 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Mar 14, Fannie Lou Hamer (b.1917), Mississippi civil rights champion, died. She had helped register black voters when doing so put her own life in danger. She was instrumental in organizing Mississippi Freedom Summer for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), and later became the Vice-Chair of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.

Mar 14, In Venezuela Irene Saez, a former Miss Universe, won the governorship of Margarita Island.

Mar 14, Amanda Davis (32), writing professor at Mills College in Oakland, Ca., was killed in a small plane crash near Ashville, NC, along with her parents. She was on a book signing tour for her novel "Wonder When You'll Miss Me."

Mar 14, Hannah Foster (17) was raped and murdered near Southampton, England. Maninder Pal Singh Kohli fled Britain days after being named as a suspect. In 2007 a New Delhi court ruled that Kohli (39) should face trial in Britain for the 2003 rape and murder, in a long-awaited verdict on the drawn-out extradition wrangle.

Mar 14, Lucie Aubrac (b.1912), a hero of the French Resistance, died. She helped free her husband from the Gestapo. In 2000, Aubrac published "The Resistance Explained to my Grandchildren" about her experiences. She is also the author of the 1984 book "They'll Leave Exhilarated." French director Claude Berry made the hit 1997 movie "Lucie Aubrac," starring Carole Bouquet in the title role. Two other films, Jean-Pierre Melville's 1969 "The Army of Shadows" and the 1991 "Boulevard of the Swallows" by Jose Yanne, were also based on Aubrac's story.

Mar 14, American rower Katie Spotz (22) completed a solo journey across the Atlantic Ocean, touching a pier in the coffee-brown waters of Guyana to claim a record as the youngest person to accomplish the feat. The athlete from Mentor, Ohio, set out from Dakar, Senegal, on Jan. 3 and endured rough seas during the 2,817-mile (4,533-km) crossing.

Mar 14, In Pakistan a woman died after setting herself on fire a day earlier outside a police station after reporting men tried to rape her died. The woman's brother had filed a complaint with police in January, saying his sister had been abducted and the assailants tried to rape her.
Re: Women Who Made History…today by DCMIX(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Can any lady here help me prepare this? Just name ur price. I miss dis soup.

Re: Women Who Made History…today by sweery(f): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
DCMIX:
Can any lady here help me prepare this? Just name ur price. I miss dis soup.
Don't you have hands?
YouTube will help you out.

What soup is that BTW?
Re: Women Who Made History…today by DCMIX(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
sweery:

Don't you have hands?
YouTube will help you out.

What soup is that BTW?
ask youtube
Re: Women Who Made History…today by teebee22(f): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2017
Banga soup with fresh fish. infact am .......... need to make some.

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Tickets To Remy Martin Extravanganza Party In Abuja (today) / Procurement And Supply Chain Management Course / International Training On Monitoring And Evaluation For Development Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.